Goofy Donald strikes again

Goofy Donald wants everyone to know that he don’t need no stinkin’ foreign policy advisors. He said,

I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things.

Well, I guess that settles it. Young Frankenstein comes to mind. Specifically, whose brain did I put in?

At least he knows how to strike a golf ball.

Rick and Morty say so.

Hi, I’m Mister Meeseeks. Look at me. Ooooh, Yeah. Can do. I have to fulfill my purpose so I can go away.

Say good-bye Donald. You’ve passed your sell-by date.

23 Responses to Goofy Donald strikes again

1. JJ says:

Many of my friends, relatives and neighbors have been on opposite sides of the fence – leading to no political discussions. Now we’re all on the same page with Donald Trump – Republicans, Democrats. Perhaps we’re united by giving up on both parties.

I expect Schtup to run as an independent if the Repugnicans deny him the nomination (he said he would NOT do that if they were “fair” to him but if they deny him the nomination he will say they weren’t “fair” so the deal is off). On the other hand, I do not expect Bernie to run as an independent if Hillary is nominated by the Democrats.

I’d actually like to see a three-way among the Democrat, the Repugnican and Trump. Yeah. I’d like to see that; that would be cool. AND it would provide quotations to be used in humor routines for the next ten years, just in case our country doesn’t just slide into the ocean by then (and get eaten by a shark). 😆

Good Lord!

I’ve been day dreaming about what would happen if the Republicans force a contested convention where Trump ends up being replaced by someone else. Cruz isn’t well liked by those who would change the rules, so maybe Romney, one of “them”. Trump’s ego would force him to run as an independent.

And then Bernie does as well as Bill Clinton and Barack Obama who both were trailing at this point in the primary campaign by winning enough elected delegates that some super delegates support him that he should get the nomination. Can you see the Clintons and the Democrat elites pulling the same rule changes stunts to give the nomination to Clinton? Then Bernie, seeing that the Republicans are in disarray, goes back to his independent roots and runs and independent campaign.

Can you imagine four “major” candidates? And throw in the Green Party (not sure there is any other party that can get on enough ballots to actual win). Now that’s a campaign that could get really interesting and could change many things political.

Yes, it’s a dream but that’s the kind of non-violent revolution that we need. I think we’re ready for it.

MSNBC is saying that Bernie should shut down his campaign because Hillory is so far ahead. Guess they can’t count.

• Who said that? They are wrong. One can only speak in terms of probable outcomes and Hillary’s campaign isn’t pressuring him to suspend his campaign.

Of course they are wrong. Andrea Mitchell’s show this morning made the assertion and wasn’t contradicted. Don’t know how far it goes within the network. I’m sure Steve Karnacki knows better.

• Heard a report on MSNBC this afternoon that President Obama said at a meeting today that it’s time for the Dems to unite behind Hillary.

• gblock says:

I think that I heard that Obama wasn’t trying to get Bernie to drop out right now, but he was talking to Bernie about backing Hillary if and when he does decide that he can’t get the Democratic Party nomination.

• girlp says:

Wrong we don’t know that yet also Bernie pushes her left.

• gblock says:

The pundits like to jump ahead too far in terms of anticipating likely outcomes. But while the numbers aren’t in the bag, it would be very surprising if Hillary doesn’t get them.

• Fascinating possibilities, but I think it may be too late for an independent to get on the ballot if the candidate waits until the convention to file.

Probably can’t get on all the ballots due to the rules made by the Democrats and Republicans, but maybe enough to win. I haven’t looked at the dates/requirements in too long. Richard Winger’s newsletter (internet search on his name will provide link) has the information but I don’t have time now to do the research. Trump and Bernie both have lots of people on the ground who could be energized to get them on, assuming it’s not too late when the decision is made.

Actually, they might not have to change any rules. There can be challenges to the delegates so they won’t be seated. In the past various challenges have affected the outcomes of the nomination process.

• gblock says:

Bettykath, I remember in a couple of the early debates, Hillary and Bernie both emphasized how they were more similar in their views than they were to any of the Repubs, and that they both wanted a Democrat to be elected. I think that it is not likely that rule changes will be pulled to deny him the nomination, but I believe that it is far more likely that Hillary will get it and that Bernie will end up backing her, perhaps after striking some kind of deal.

Now, the situation with the Republican Party is more complicated, since it sounds like some of the party leaders have decided that they really, really don’t want Trump to be the nominee and are in a panic trying to figure out what to do about it. Their most likely bet is to try to get Trump from getting a clear majority of the vote on the first ballot and then encouraging everyone to rally around another candidate. The big question is, who could that be? Cruz is likely to come in with the second greatest number of delegates, but a lot of people in the party don’t like him either, and delegates from the non-TP wing of the party may not want to avoid voting for him. Could Kasich, Cruz, or someone else get enough backing to pull this off? If the Repubs do go this way, Trump may figure that the party unfairly denied him the nomination and run as an independent.

An even further out possibility, if Trump does get the nomination, is for many of the Repub Party leaders to provide support to another Repub candidate running as a semi-independent.

Either way, the party-backed nominee may end up as somewhat of a sacrificial lamb, with the effect being more to keep Trump out of office than to keep Hillary Clinton out of office.

5. girlp says:

WOW! What a bunch of word salad. Is he really saying he has told himself how to approach foreign policy? All he’s ever done is con jobs and may have violated the RICO act (at least according to NY DA), he knows nothing of foreign he does not understand nor does he want to understand the US Constitution, treaties etc… What are his chances of winning the election, if not him then Cruz?; just as bad since he wants to destroy the world so Jesus can come back. With the Republican Governors putting in place voter restrictions etc… what is going to become of this country.