Trump courts disaster by appealing to hate and prejudice

Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, assaulted Michelle Fields, a reporter for Breitbart News, when she attempted to ask Donald Trump if he supported affirmative action.

Politico published a transcript of a conversation between Michelle Fields and Ben Terris, a reporter for the Washington Post who witnessed the assault.

The incident occurred after a Donald Trump press conference on Super Tuesday as he walked by on his way out of the room.

Din of people talking, clanking of glasses, snippets of conversation, reporters telling one another to ‘move up a little’, greeting each other, saying ‘good to see you’ saying ‘OK good quote then’, then clearly action picks up as cameras start clicking.

Fields: “Mr. Trump, you went after the late Scalia for affirmative action, do you — are you still against affirmative action?”

Voice (allegedly Corey Lewandowski): “Excuse me, thank you.”

A few moments later (noise of the room can be heard)…

Terris: “You OK?”

Fields: “Holy sh*t.”

Terris: “Yea he just threw you down.”

Fields: “I can’t believe he just did that that was so hard. Was that Corey?”

Terris: “Yeah, like, what threat were you?”

Fields: “That was insane. You should have felt how hard he grabbed me. That’s insane. I’ve never had anyone do that to me from a campaign.”

Terris: “Can I put that in my story?”

Fields: “Yeah, go for it — that was really awful. That’s so unprofessional.”

Terris: “He really just almost threw you down on the ground.”

Fields: “He literally went like this and was grabbing me down. “I don’t even want to do what he just did to me. Oh my God, that really spooked me that someone would do that.”

Terris: “What threat were you?”

Fields: “Nothing. I was asking about affirmative action.”

Terris: “And he probably knows you, right?”

Fields: “Yeah, I don’t understand. That looks horrible. You’re going after a Breitbart reporter, the people who are nicest to you?”

Terris: “I know, I’m going to put it in my story.”

The two stop talking. Din/noise of people talking, glasses clinking continue through end of the recording.

After the story appeared in print, Lewandowski denied that he roughed her up and suggested that she made up the story in a “desperate bid for attention.”

Lewandowski’s thuggish behavior, his denial that he assaulted her, and his disparaging false allegation about her mark him as a deeply stupid, unduly aggressive, out of control liar and misogynist. I say ‘deeply stupid’ because Fields is a reporter for Breitbart News, a notorious right wing rag with no respect for the truth that functions as a cheerleader for conservative causes.

This incident is one of several troubling confrontations at Donald Trump events. Yesterday, for example, a 78-year-old white man sucker-punched a young black male at a campaign speech as police were escorting the young man out of the building. After the incident, he proudly admitted that he punched the young man and added that he would kill him if he saw him at another event.

We are witnessing an American fascist’s attempt to follow in Adolph Hitler’s footsteps and it’s only a matter of time before someone is killed at one of his rallies.

Do not look for other Republicans to criticize Trump. Eventually, they will all fall in line and support him because that is what Republicans do. For example, Ben Carson endorsed Trump this morning even though Trump had previously accused him of being a pathological child molester.

16 Responses to Trump courts disaster by appealing to hate and prejudice

1. bronxlady1 says:

It seems interesting how the reporter seemed to think that they were friends. Trump is no Dale Carnegie.

2. gblock says:

Wonder what the response will be to the incident in Chicago? Apparently in the weeks prior to that, Trump had repeatedly made suggestions during campaign rallies that protesters deserved to be hit – for instance, in the case of the man who hit the protester who was already being escorted out.

3. racerrodig says:

If this clown is elected, the new greeting won’t be along the lines of “Hello”…..or “What’s up Professor”

Get ready to say “Seig Donald, Seig Donald”

4. girlp says:

Now Trump is blaming the Chicago protesters for his violent rhetoric. People have the right to protest but that would not be honored under a Trump Presidency. I think he could be impeached if he wins but would the right wing ditto heads do it?

• anita says:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. It might depend on who his vice Pres. is. My hubby says I’m getting way ahead of things, but that crazy fuck & all his stupid, racist followers are really starting to scare me. I can’t believe he could possibly be elected, but I’m beginning to worry.

• girlp says:

Cruz, Rubio and Kasich aren’t any better…..scary

• gblock says:

I disagree. I wouldn’t want any of them to become President but certainly Kasich and Rubio are both far better suited to be President by disposition, understanding of what the job entails, respect for the people, and respect for the Constitution. Trump is sorely lacking in all of these attributes.

I don’t know what to say. Way too many conservatives are dealing without a full deck and shouldn’t hold the key to the Kindergarten restroom, let alone have any control of the ship of state.

It tickles me that Trump called Carson a pathological child molester because Carson just announced that there are “two Donald Trumps.” So I want to know this:

Which Donald Trump called Ben Carson a pathological child molester? and
    Are there also two Ben Carsons? In case there are, which one is a pathological child molester?

We really need to get to the bottom of this…

7. girlp says:

So, is she still working for Breitbart and did Trump bail out the bully is Trump going to pay for a lawyer for him?

• I’m pretty sure she’s still working for Breitbart. She went to the local police department and filled out an assault/battery complaint against Lewandowski. The case is now officially under investigation.

Trump claimed that he knows nothing about the incident. Since Lewandowski hasn’t been charged, I gather that your question about legal counsel pertains to the racist 78-year-old geezer who threw the sucker punch. I don’t believe Trump has offered to pay for a lawyer, but I don’t know.

• girlp says:

If Trump claims no knowledge of the assault he’s not paying for anything hope the racist gets it. He is still promoting violence when people practice free speech, Trump is whatever his base wants him to be but as they go to jail for assault or maybe worse they will find out he could care less about them. Trevor Noah did a segment on ‘The Daily Show’, where he read quotes from Trump. Trump looks down on anyone who is not wealthy. Also, I’ve read and heard him say he likes to take money from people. Trump is a sociopath, a con and the remote possibility that he could become President scares me.

How little Breitbart Fake News #2 cares for their employee….hope she gets a clue.

When I first heard this story I considered that she worked for Breitbart, poster child for false stories. I’ve since changed my mind. She and an editor have quit Breitbart because they won’t back her up. Breitbart is more interested in access to Trump