More intolerable Bundy terrorist hijinks underway

Cliven Bundy, his sons Aamon and Ryan, and their followers are domestic terrorists and our government needs to recognize them for what they are and start treating them accordingly.

Aamon and Ryan Bundy and an assortment of other confused fools with guns took over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters this weekend. They are demanding the federal government turn over federal lands to the ranchers even though the federal government owned the lands before the ranchers settled in the area and the Native Americans lived on the land before the federal government claimed it.

The rancher’s claim is ridiculous.

Give them 12 hours to lay down their weapons and surrender into federal custody for trespassing on federal land or move-in and start shooting.

The feds would already have done that if a group of Muslims or a group of blacks had acted instead.

Just as a rose is a rose is a rose, so too is a terrorist a terrorist.

17 Responses to More intolerable Bundy terrorist hijinks underway

The farmers didn’t ask for the Bundy’s and are having nothing to do with them. From what I understand the judge that tried them for arson (normal burning of grass and a backfire to put out a fire started by lightening) decided that the mandated minimum of 5 years was cruel and unusual punishment and gave shorter terms. The Bureau of Land Management, which apparently wants their farm for the Refuge, objected, appealed the sentence so that they got the 5 years. I think their time served goes to the 5 years.

The Bundys should be made to pay their grazing fees. The fees are extremely reasonable for reasonable people.

One more thing, I believe the farmers were required to sign a document that gives the B of LM first right of refusal if they decide to sell. With two of the family members in jail, it will be tough going for the rest of the family. If the Bundys were really concerned about the families, they would roll up their shirt sleeves and get on with helping with the farming, or contributing cash.

There were several stories out there about what happened with the fire. I can’t say I have given the matter a lot of research time. But it does look like the version the Hammonds tell is a bit sanitized in their favor and I’m willing to believe the version the Gov tells is hyped to the max because they were pissed off and the Gov puts whatever spin it wants on stuff. But the legal team for the Hammonds seems quite competent and that gives me to believe that the total innocence explanation falls a bit short. At any rate, the hissy fit that these “sovereigns” are throwing is unrelated to any real “freedom and democracy” issue in my opinion and these guys have been misbehaving for a long time.

You’re right. Like so many things, finding the truth is really hard. I agree that the truth is somewhere between the two stories. The Bundy version doesn’t count.

• girlp says:

The Bundy’s seem to feel quite a bit entitled. BLM seems to be intimidated by them.

. . . or a group of young white anarchists or old white hippies!

What is it about armed middle-class conspiracy nuts that seems to make them impervious to action by the US gov’t?

I would rather see this crowd besieged inside the bird cage than stormed. I think they’re a bunch of narcissistic assholes who want attention. I wouldn’t hand them a WACO or a RUBY RIDGE if there were a better way. First, though, I’d cut off all their cell phone access so they couldn’t communicate over government-regulated networks.

And drop a megaphone on them and tell them if they want to issue any statements, that’s how to do it. You could get the megaphone flown in by carrier pigeon and tell that pigeon those bums are trying to take its land. 😆

No more videos. Look at this fool:

This kind of “advertising” needs to stop. It’s causing a rare and untreatable disease called “unmitigated helpless laughter response disorder, UHLRD,” which can obstruct breathing in patients over 55 years of age.

• racerrodig says:

What a sack of garbage. The “…I love my wife and kids so much…” needs to dealt with “…..Bullshit dude…….” If you actually did, you’d be at home or at work providing for them.

That’s what’s known as a fact. The “I’m defending the Constitution of the United States…..blah, blah, boring blah…..against (insert hated group here) is so ridiculous, it makes sane people want to vomit.

“……and that’s why I couldn’t be with you at Christmas…” Really ??

Maybe it because you really just want to play with guns and get into a shootout with someone in the govt. or some group on the hate list.

Maybe I’m just stereotyping and falling into the “I’m just a human” trap, but for some reason all of these guys look like the typical skinhead/redneck with mug shots floating around.

But…………..that’s just me.

It can’t be just you because I agree with you. What’s disturbing is that these types can cause towns, counties, states and the feds to expend huge amounts of money on stupiduggery when there are real problems to deal with and real needs on the part of real people, like the little children being “wept-on” by this self-aggrandizing pervert.

• racerrodig says:

Thank God it’s nut just me……but I already knew that. “Stupiduggery” is a great word……never heard that one before, but it sure is accurate.

• You’re right. I just lost my temper with those jerks.

4. racerrodig says:

Where does it end ??

As if things aren’t bad enough, there is trouble brewing in “paradise”

Our esteemed Gov. here in NJ wants to relax the gun laws and in effect, make it so that the abusers will have access to handguns. As it is in NJ now, if you have any brushes as a domestic abuser, you can’t legally buy or own a gun. Christie is trying to get his BS law through and his response is that the abused will have to arm themselves.

Yep…….nothing like pure NRA political pull with another Presidential hopeful.

Good gawd. Now that’s completely insane. And this clown is running for president? smh

• racerrodig says:

Yep……I can’t stand this guy. I believe the esteemed Prof. had a talk about him sometime last year.

Yep……the victims of spousal abuse need to get the gun permits now.

• racerrodig says:

I wonder if there are enough employees at the ME Office ??

Maybe I can make some serious money teaching women how to shoot straight ??

Will someone open a “Pre-Divorce Gun Course” (I’m sure we have Fogenish Phooles in NJ)

Should we all invest in Funeral Supply companies ?

……………or should I just move the family so we’re not in the line of fire ????

“Well that oughta clear up some of our court dockets. One murder case instead of 24 divorce hearings.”

Yes Malisha……….sad but true. I can just hear the judges now….

“So…as I understand the Plaintiff in this case, Mrs. Jones, is not here?

“That’s right your honor, she attacked my client several weeks ago, so he was forced to shoot her”

“Ohhhh. Didn’t his gun lic get suspended last year as a result of her filing complaints in Municipal Court for his repeated physical attacks……some of them in front of the marital children”

“Yes your honor, but with the new laws, he was able to get his lic. back along with all his guns. So……well, see, she brought all of this on herself.”

“How is that counselor?”

“Well, it’s quite clear your honor……see……that is……..my client was in fear for his life”

“Really????????????”