Carly Fiorina and the House Republicans should be held responsible in the court of public opinion for inciting Robert Lewis Dear to commit murder at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs on Friday.

Robert Lewis Dear, 57, has been arrested and charged with shooting to death with an AK47 three people, including a police officer, and wounding nine others, including five police officers, at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs on Friday. An Initial Appearance is scheduled for tomorrow (Monday) at which time a judge will (1) tell him what crimes he has been accused of committing, (2) advise him of his constitutional rights including his rights to remain silent and to be represented by court-appointed counsel, if he is unable to retain counsel and (3) set or deny bail. Since this is likely to be a death-penalty case, you can reasonably expect the judge will appoint counsel at public expense and deny bail.

In addition ABC News is reporting,

Sources told ABC News the Justice Department is building a domestic terrorism case against Dear, though it would only move forward if somehow the state capital case was sidetracked.

/snip/

In a statement released late Saturday, Attorney General Loretta Lynch called the shooting a “crime against women receiving healthcare services at Planned Parenthood.”

While police haven’t released a motive or said whether the clinic was the intended target, Vicki Cowart, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, said in a statement Dear “eyewitnesses confirm that the man … was motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion.”

“We’ve seen an alarming increase in hateful rhetoric and smear campaigns against abortion providers and patients over the last few months,” Cowart said. “That environment breeds acts of violence. Americans reject the hatred and vitriol that fueled this tragedy. We do not accept this environment as normal. We should not have to live in a world where accessing health care includes safe rooms and bullet proof glass.”

Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers said he was not aware of any threats to the clinic, but said “we can speculate” on the motive.

“It happened at a Planned Parenthood center,” he said. “My suspicions are that has a lot to do with the motive.”

NBC News also is reporting,

In one statement, made after the suspect was taken in for questioning, Dear said “no more baby parts” in reference to Planned Parenthood, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case told NBC News.

Although the two law enforcement officials added that the comment about ‘no more baby parts’ was part of a longer rant against government and President Obama, I think we can reasonably conclude from this information and his booking photos that (a) he is mentally ill and (b) he targeted Planned Parenthood in significant part because of Carly Fiorina’s intentional lie about Planned Parenthood during a Republican Presidential debate when she made her infamous harvesting-baby-parts comment about Planned Parenthood clinics. She was referring to heavily edited videotaped interviews of Planned Parenthood officials by an anti-abortion organization calling itself the Center for Medical Progress. She said,

Watch a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking while someone says, ‘We have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.’

Fiorina knew her statement was false when she uttered it because she claimed to have witnessed the incident and the conversation while watching the videos. However, the videos do not support her claim. Therefore, Fiorina’s indelible word picture was a lie. Even though she was confronted about her false statement by Chuck Todd on Meet the Press, she doubled down insisting that she was telling the truth despite zero evidence to support it.

Since then grossly irresponsible Republicans in the House of Representatives have formed a committee to investigate Planned Parenthood as part of an incendiary hate-driven mission to defund the organization, despite the absence of any evidence that the organization has violated any state or federal laws.

The First Amendment right to freedom of speech is not absolute. As United States Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes said in Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. (1919),

The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic. […] The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.

Carly Fiorina might never be charged or sued for inciting Robert Lewis Dear to go on a shooting spree at a Planned Parenthood clinic killing three people, including a police officer and injuring nine others, including five police officers, but we can and should hold her and the House Republicans responsible in the court of public opinion for the deaths and injuries.

Their deplorable behavior is part of a larger problem. The Republican Party has become a hate group and no one should vote for any of their candidates at the federal or state level.

52 Responses to Carly Fiorina is responsible for inciting Robert Lewis Dear to commit murder at a Planned Parenthood clinic

1. girlp says:

The repuglakins are stirring up so much hate against so many I fear for this country.

2. ay2z says:

Good morning all! For those following the SA State appeal of Oscar Pistorius’s conviction, here’s a little
    OT, The appeal court changed the charge to murder, new sentence to be imposed by a lower court.

Incorrect application of dolus eventualis,

3. Nef05 says:

Have you guys seen the article and embedded documents detailing how the Dothan, AL police dept framed young black men with drugs and weapons, over a decade (over 1000 felonies) in which the DA was complicit? It just broke yesterday, and has not picked up national media coverage (surprise), but it has been picked up by The Marshall Project.

Anyway, read the article and see the embedded docs for yourself. Lives destroyed, black men with no records targeted,lies under oath by the police chief, internal affairs investigation closed and covered up, white officers who filed complaints about it received death threats from other officers, DA racked up convictions and million$ in court fees and pre-trial diversion programs.

The only way this doesn’t become huge news is if the media deliberately ignores it because the victims whose lives were utterly destroyed are black. See for yourself…

4. gblock says:

From what I have read, it sounds like Dear is suffering from schizophrenia or other severe mental illness and people didn’t report the problem because he was reclusive and didn’t really bother them. I think that Carly Fiorina didn’t cause him to go on a shooting rampage, but what she said may have influenced his choice of victims.

Carly Fiorino escalated the rhetoric well beyond otherwise unacceptable levels. Republicans have been using the anti-abortion rhetoric for political points for much too long. Fiorino, not being satisfied with the legislative means of limiting availability of women’s health care (after all, she is wealthy enough to get her own) and needing a boost in her poll numbers, amped up the rhetoric to the level of violence. She’s a disgrace.

I cannot understand how my comment about the poem managed to appear BEFORE the poem itself; I just posted it a minute ago. It should appear here. Sorry for the confusion.

• Hi Malisha. I am just now coming to the thread for the first time, because Fred told me about the poem, etc. But anyway, I do know that yesterday, I think, he reversed the order of the comments so the the most recent show first.

When I first read this article and the comments, I just kind of let the poem “does the white man…” kind of roll off my back, with a bit of a snarky comment. First of all, it seemed peculiar that this poem was there, since neither the crime at Colorado Springs NOR the article was about racism or about African American supposed lack of responsibility or white privilege or any of that. This was probably a misogynist crime, not a racist crime, and nobody was even suggesting that “bad women” were to blame for the shooter’s conduct. So what was this “poem” about? Tonight I began to obsess about that question.

Here we have someone making an analogy. The article was about Carly Fiorino inciting a “mentally disturbed lone-wolf gunman” to shoot and kill people at a clinic. Following a loose association, we can imagine that Acemayo might have taken the idea of “person X inciting person Y to do something bad” and from there, might have imagined an analogy to the idea that Black people do all sorts of bad and harmful things and TRY to blame them on “the white man.” So from that loose association, he presents us with this seemingly clever poem ascribing blame for all sorts of bad behaviors to Blacks, free of white guilt, to support a theory that bad behavior is not caused by “white man telling” phenomena, which would be like “bad shooter’s murderous behavior is not the fault of right-wing fascist anti-woman rhetoric.” That is, good whites cannot be blamed for bad Black behavior, analogous to good politicians cannot be blamed for bad shooters’ behavior.

Professor does not contest the actual wrongness of the premise, but gently suggests that all the bad behaviors ascribed to Blacks by these allegedly angelic whites cannot be totally blamed upon the Blacks because of disadvantages they have suffered: thus “opportunity” has some part in causing the bad behavior.

I, on the other hand, object to the entire false analogy, the entire racist basis of this appalling “poem,” and the idea that we should just ignore it and let it drop off like a deciduous leaf in winter. It’s offensive, ignorant and obnoxious. Until African Americans are all properly convicted of the “crimes” of being irresponsible with their money, being bad parents, and being trashy, stupid, uneducated and contemptible, and having sex with the wrong partners, this is simply a cutely worded insult and it should be retracted with an appropriate apology. Let me break it down for you below:

To throw trash
    Out of your car

My interpretation: The “poet” believes that African Americans throw trash out of their cars. Whites do not throw trash out of their cars. Since our poet has no data on this, he is ascribing a bad behavior to Afri¬can Americans without evidence. i.e., he’s racist.

[Does the white man tell you
    to throw trash]
    All around you as walk
    All around the place you live

The “poet” has these beliefs: First, “they” throw trash all around themselves as they walk; and second, “they” live in a different place from whites. Whites do not throw trash all around them¬selves as they walk around; whites live in good non-trashy places. He believes that segregated slum neighborhoods are bad because their residents, the African Ameri¬cans, are bad, and so they trash up their residential areas. i.e., he’s racist.

Not to go to school
    Not to read
    Not to study

The “poet” believes that African Americans choose not to go to school, not to read and not to study. Their lack of advancement is all their own fault. Whites succeed [only] because they go to school and read and study, thus, they succeed because they deserve success, not because they have a headstart. Their advancement and success are attri¬bu¬table not to white privilege but to their own hard work. This comes pretty close to the myths being promulgate by the racists who do not disavow their presumption of white superior¬ity. Also, the poli-tical right ascribes to this attitude but expresses it less openly. In spite of all the evidence that it is the whites who have always gotten “free stuff,” they accuse the Blacks of wanting “free stuff” when all the Blacks want is what they SHOULD have.

To spend most of your
    Money on cars
    On clothes
    And for appearance sake

The “poet” believes that Blacks spend most of their money on cars, clothes and “for appearance sake” [grammatically incorrect] White men spend most of their money wisely and well, and not “for appearance sake.” African Americans are foolish, finan¬cially irresponsible and should not be entitled to make their own deci¬sions about their money.

No to be a father
    To your children

The “poet” asserts the idea that Blacks are not even fathers to their children. Where is the evi¬dence of this? White men ARE good fathers to their children. Where is the evi¬dence of this? This means that African Americans are just plain bad in the worst way. This is an obvious racist belief.

To have sex with someone
    That has an track record
    Of not being responsible

The “poet” believes that African Americans who have prob¬lems have caused their own prob¬lems by having sex. Whites only have sex when they SHOULD have sex, with people with whom they SHOULD have sex. The only way for an African Amer¬ican to be respon¬sible is to refrain from having sex. Unless it’s with someone who’s approved of by whites. My My!!

To choose between
    right and wrong

Um…this is a bit incomprehensible. If you use parallel construction to try to tease out what this “charge” means, it would have to mean that Blacks are choosing between right and wrong, but in some way, that is a negative attribute. And it’s NOT the white man’s fault so he is free to try to make you (and everyone else) believe that you do not deserve to coexist with him. Especially here, in “his” land. This is just a racist thought expressed wrongly because of the illiteracy and grammatical deficits of the poet. It means, “whites choose between right and wrong but Blacks do not.” One would think, after Slavery, Jim Crow, and racism, that this were easily disproven to anyone but the confirmed racist.

Does the white man
    Tell you
    To be ………………………?

Now the “poet” lays it out: You African Americans, you’re just all wrong and shouldn’t even exist. And it’s NOT the white man’s fault so he is free to try to make you (and everyone else) believe that you do not deserve to coexist with him. Especially here, in “his” land. If the white man COULD tell you to “be…..” he would tell you, now that you are not his slave any more, to “be…gone.” He doesn’t want you to be HERE as an American entitled to rights. You should be HIS property in HIS control or you should not BE…

Yeah, well, no wonder this “poem” has been bothering me.

• As usual, you are right. I didn’t know what to say when I read it, so I opted for ‘nice.’ I regret my answer and apologize for it. I’m sorry. The poem is full of offensive racist stereotypes.

Oh I was not looking for an apology from YOU, Professor; I was looking for it (seriously!) from Acemayo. Too often these kinds of things seem to play themselves in an unrecognizable key so that people don’t really HEAR what is being SAID. It’s why I get obsessed when something like this stings me and flies away. Then I keep hearing, “buzz buzz buzz something stung you” until I face it and REALLY LISTEN.

You know what happens when a “poet” creates something like this? He (yes, or she) appeals to something in us that WANTS to find a way to say “it’s not my problem…” Yeah,… that’s where the rub is.

I have lived very poor at times. It’s harder to clean up your yard (if you even have one) when you have to do all your own work and can’t leave it to the maid or the gardener. It’s also hard to know you are not really allowed to wear nice clothes or drive a decent car because you’re supposed to accept inferiority as a condition of life. BUT I have at least always had the benefits of white privilege.

Malisha, thanks for the deconstruction of the poem. I read all the comments before I got to the poem, so I don’t know if my reaction is the same as it would have been without reading the comments.

I’ve read comments that tend to agree with those of the poet and my reaction is very negative toward the writer. The writers of such comments don’t seem to appreciate the advantages of “the system” given to white privilege.

The real common denominator is economic. The very wide brush needs to be narrowed but yet more inclusive. Poverty is the real problem.

Charles Blow, in his memoir “Fire Shut Up in My Bones”, describes his school experiences. He compares his school experiences. He describes how poorly he did in the school where his white teaches denigrated his work and convinced him that he was lacking in intelligence. And how things changed when he changed schools and his African American teachers showed appreciation for his efforts and his intelligence.

I’ve recently read “Waking Up White” by Debbie Irving. I strongly recommend it to those of white privilege who think they don’t have it. I also recommend it to African Americans who don’t recognize the systemic nature of racism and what it’s done to so many millions of people. It’s a first person account that is written to inform, not blame.

The point about the skin color of Blow’s teachers was important to him, but I believe that any teacher can make a positive or negative impact on any student. The teacher who sees promise in every child will have a positive impact. The teacher who sees failure in that same child has a good chance of setting the child up for a lifetime of failure.

There are the words of a teacher in a school where the majority of her students are minorities in our society making the rounds on facebook. A student told her that she didn’t understand because she was “a white lady”. The teacher took the comment to heart and changed her choices in the curriculum to reflect the cultures of her students. All of her students are doing so much better.

6th grade English/Literature and, iirc, Social Studies.

Poverty is the real problem. Poverty and lack of hope.

When I was in school I survived an abusive home life because I had hope. I was going to college, I always knew it. And that would lead to a better life. Without that hope I might very well have gotten pregnant and married (in that order) and most likely always lived with poverty and frustration and depression. Maybe that’s why I see things differently than our poet.

I’m white. But I wrote, directed and produced a play in an all-Black inner city public school in DC in the school year 2000-2001. (The play took place in June at the end of the school year.) The reason I had this opportunity was that there was a Montessori school-within-a-school there. The Montessori teachers recognized that they needed more music, art and drama in their curriculum so they asked me to do this (I had done similar stuff in the private schools they had previously taught in.)

I wrote a play for the age group 6-12 about Dred Scott and his family and the Dred Scott case. Every single child had a speaking part except for one girl who experienced stage-fright and therefore was a coach rather than a performer. The Black parts were played by Black kids and the white parts were played by Black kids. That school was utterly deficient: one microphone in the whole school (narrator used it) and the stage was buckling, the wood almost rotted. Kids made the scenery; I bought the props at thrift shops; moms sewed the costumes. But the kids made all the decisions about the play. They read materials about Dred Scott and voted on the subject matter; they workshopped the play; they cooperated in the casting. Younger kids from the 3-to-6-year-old class were the “Greek Chorus” singing spirituals for the background.

Not only was it a dynamite production, that was attended by the entire neighborhood so that we had to have standing-room attendees and probably violated the fire code, but it was a lasting benefit to those kids. One kid played two parts (necessitated by the number of boys available in the class and their respective capacity for memorization): the best white man in the play (Taylor Blow) and the worst (Sanford, brother of Dred Scott’s owner). He was an absolute KNOCKOUT!

He went on to get a full scholarship to the most exclusive private middle school in DC and thence to the best private high school. After that Ivy League college, again full scholarship. Both of his parents were addicts, and at the time of the play, only his mother could attend because his father was incarcerated. There were numerous other success stories in that class. EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE on the part of every single child was FINE. Some were exemplary. Dred Scott was played by a kid who was formerly not much of a student but once he starred, he began to star all-around.

This was not about refusing to study or learn. This was about, plainly and simply, allowing growth even in the meanest of environments.

As I was workshopping the last scene, just before singing of the finale, the kid who played Dred said, “Hey can we add a group hug in right here?” and he didn’t wait for my reply: ALL the actors on stage immediately ran into a joyful group hug.

And no, the white man didn’t tell them to do it. But she did LET them do it.

Your efforts made them see that THEY COULD DO IT! That gave them hope for something better. They saw themselves as being successful. She LET them? uh, I don’t think she had much of a say. They felt the power and ran with it! (I’m speaking of the group hug. You may have been speaking of the entire play.) That’s the kind of thing needed in every school.

Oh I was talking about the entire play. All I provided was the vehicle for them to do it, and they DID realize that they did it on their own, with only encouragement and appreciation behind them. I had written the original script but since we workshopped the play, even the script was their doing in the end. One of the best scenes was the white woman, widow of Dred’s army-surgeon owner, who was the legal owner of Dred Scott after her husband’s death. She then remarried to the Massachusetts abolitionist physician, a Dr. Calvin Chaffee, who ended up, by operation of law, OWNING A SLAVE! She didn’t realize he was Dred Scott’s titular owner; HE didn’t realize he was Dred Scott’s titular owner, until he read it in the newspaper one morning at breakfast and he threw a raging fit. The wife, meanwhile, spilled her tea and leaped from the table shrieking and tore her lacy napkin to shreds squawking all sorts of denials intermixed with indignant self-defensive nonsense about “that terrible terrible man” who had the nerve to try to buy himself back from her. At the culmination of her hysterics she screams, “I wish I never OWNED HIM!” and Chaffee roars “So you DID own him!?!?!?” and a hush falls over the scene as all we hear is her wimpering.

Once when we were rehearsing, her line, “What am I to DOOOOO?” came out so funny that Dr. Chaffee laughed and she smacked him with her lacy napkin, other hand on her hip, yelling “Don’t you DARE laugh at a lady, you damn Yankee Butcher!” These kids were 100% into it.

Thanks for the clarification that you were addressing the entire endeavor. I repeat, every school needs projects like this with the kind of leadership that you provided – suggest a direction and get out of the way except to provide encouragement and whatever else they decide they need.

• gblock says:

In some cases, the true answer to the question posed in the poem “Does the white man tell you…” is Yes, but it is often implied rather than stated explicitly. For instance, in the case of:

Not to go to school
      Not to read
      Not to study

the answer is yes when mostly-black schools are poorly funded, poorly maintained, have no advanced curriculum choices, kids are given suspensions or arrests for minor misbehavior, and in general kids are shown that they are not expected to be able to learn.

Good point!

And the white man DOES tell you to not take care of your place as if it’s a lovely place in the suburbs, too. And he DOES tell you to spend “most” of your money on cars and clothes because you can’t afford anything more expensive than that (such as houses and capital gains).

8. As crazy and gun-happy as so many people are these days, it’s probably not even cool to point fingers at Carly Fiorina, though her lies did probably have a lot to do with this incident. I despair and wonder if this nation can ever pull out of this cycle of violence that seems to be consuming us all.

9. acemayo says:

To choose between
    right and wrong

Does the white man
    Tell you
    To be ………………………?

And,

Does the white man shoot up a clinic and kill a cop
      to show you
      that poor women
      should not have health care?

• Nice poem about responsibility, but I believe opportunity is part of the picture.

Professor, I made two comments AFTER the poem, but they appeared at the very beginning of comments, ABOVE the poem itself. I can’t figure it out.

• I’m guilty. I reversed the order in the comments section so that new comments are displayed first, unless the writer clicks ‘reply’ below the comment to which they are responding. Responses to comments are nested with the newest comment first.

• gblock says:

Professor, I don’t know if others feel differently, but I find the reversed order confusing. I go to the bottom and read up, so that I can read things in chronological order. Even reading from the bottom up, things can get messy if there are several levels of nesting.

The only rationale that I can see for the reversed order is that if someone is returning to a thread that they have already read, it lets them easily see the new entries. Yet, even in those cases, I would think that they would still want to scroll down and see if there are new replies to old entries, so this seems like only a slight benefit.

I hope that others will express their opinions on this. Personally, I would encourage you to switch back.

• anita says:

I agree with gblock, please switch back to the old order. I always scrole down to check for new comments to older posts & then the newest comments at the end. Another horrible, mass shooting today. The repubs don’t even want to close the loophole allowing people on terrorist watch lists to buy guns. None of them are fit to hold public office. They make me sick, the whole bunch of them.

• acemayo says:

I am one in my area that I was involve in help people
        I pick up trash in areas that need it more once
        In an almost black area where blacks live
        And saw them do it for several months
        In the place I volunteer for last three years
        Many women with says their baby father was not helping
        We try to help people in math, programming, and other subjects
        Some try to blame the white race on what’s happening
        To them or other’s but the truth of it we been talking about
        It for forty years of my life I been hearing the
        same problems with none the solutions really working
        If start being more responsible we create new opportunity
        or take better advantage of the opportunity given to us.

• Thanks for the explanation, but you painted with too broad a brush.

I’m glad you responded to my critique and I am very glad you are a helpful person who “walks the walk” rather than “talks the talk.”

I’d really be glad for you to take my words seriously, and now, I’d like to add that I am not trying to insult or belittle you.

Be blessed.

• Hi acemayo. Crane-Station here. Stereotyping is unfortunate, that’s for sure. I work on a production line, and as a 55-year-old white woman I am in the minority. Most of my coworkers are either in the US on asylum or else minority US citizens. It’s a wonderful, very diverse, hard-working (and large) group. We treat each other with respect and we have fun, even though the work is very demanding. In other words, as I read the poem, and reflect on my personal experience, I don’t see a connection at all. Yet, when I come home and get on the internet, I see the stereotyping that is illustrated in the poem- I see it day in and day out. And it makes me sad.

• acemayo says:

I live in a mostly black area
        My house was four blocks down the street from an liquor store
        Every day (liquor store open on sunday) as people go in and out. And drove up and down the street or walk trash ended
        up on the street that included liquor glass bottles and tin cans
        Most of the glass bottles ended up all over the street broken
        At least once of week I had an slow leak or flat tirer. In time
        I started cleaning up the area others join me, in time a as
        people drove they throw liquor bottles out the windows and
        said clean this up too.
        Other time’s I was helping help young people fill job
        applications I telling they can dress like gang members
        Or their pants hanging down dress like you are going to
        Church. I have a female friend that have a baby only to
        find out that he was no good she said she will only date a white man now. My house was broke into by two blacks and their truck
        they was driving because a neighbor saw them do it. But did not
        want to become involve.
        The poem I just should have say some blacks
        Used the race card for not doing the right thing

Some whites do the wrong thing every day. Some whites do wronger things than being sloppy and unkempt. If you lived in a mostly rich, white neighborhood where every neighbor had a security system and two cars (NICE ONES) and a yard so big you didn’t see much and you didn’t even see what they were doing on a daily basis so you didn’t know what they were doing wrong, you wouldn’t form a “bad” opinion of them, would you. Yet inside that house the father may be molesting his three children, two of whom are going to do well in school anyway and are going to go to prep school high schools and ivy league colleges and are going to become rich white grown-ups who have good jobs and you don’t know what’s going on in their lives either. And a third kid might really be constitutionally different and maybe he will use drugs and drink heavily but you’ll never find out because he’ll go to an expensive rehab and his father will pay for it and them blame him for being the bad kid among two other good kids and you won’t even hear about it when he commits suicide at a frat party seven years down the line. And you won’t know what the wife is doing either, that she worked out a deal in her company that results in toxic waste from her industry being dumped into a place where nobody knows about it, the EPA doesn’t find out or inspect, and she is poisoning babies and causing birth defects and lifelong health problems but she doesn’t throw a dirty tin can out on the lawn. And they have a gardener AND they have two cleaners inside the house AND their cars are washed by hand every week so they look great. AND you don’t realize it but they spend “MOST” of their money on things that will keep YOU from realizing that they are robbing you and disenfranchising you and impoverishing you: on huge stock market-supported businesses that strive daily to return our country to a feudal state; on the kinds of goods and services that are based on economic exploitation; on the finest brands of alcohol and drugs (which are delivered silently to their houses and which they consume as they wish and which never bring the police to their doors; on institutions that will buttress structures of discrimination and on edifices of hatred and greed; on political PACs that work hard to take the democratic vote away from Americans who thereafter will not be able to participate in democracy at all; and on appearances. ON APPEARANCES because after all this, THEY will appear “good” and have you thinking that they are far, far superior to the Blacks they have not “told” to be trashy and poor.

• gblock says:

I suspect that trash-throwing is common around many neighborhood liquor stores, regardless of the predominant race in the neighborhood.

10. It appears that more and more, among Republicans, truth counts less and less. Fiorna is not alone; there’s plenty of blame to go around for the current pervasive environment of hatred towards “the other.”

11. jsandero says:

Could she be held responsible in any manner legally? If X tells.. inspires Y to commit a crime… can X be legally charged as an accomplice or co conspirator? It’s not literally conspiring… but it’s incitement.