Mainstream media does not like to be criticized

The mainstream media has decided that Bernie Sanders is not electable, despite powerful evidence to the contrary, and it does not like to be criticized.

During the debate on Tuesday night, Bernie Sanders said,

Anderson…let me say something about the media, as well. I go around the country, talk to a whole lot of people. Middle class in this country is collapsing. We have 27 million people living in poverty. We have massive wealth and income inequality. Our trade policies have cost us millions of decent jobs. The American people want to know whether we’re going to have a democracy or an oligarchy as a result of Citizens United. Enough of the emails. The secretary is right, and that is that the American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn e-mails. Let’s talk about the real issues facing America.

Despite one of the most favorable audience responses of the debate to his comment, during subsequent discussion the media eliminated the italicized portion in which he criticized the Anderson Cooper for broaching the faux topic about the emails instead of asking about the far more important issues that he identified.

Then it declared Hillary Clinton the winner by a landslide despite many on-line polls from all over the political spectrum that reported the exact opposite.

Hillary Clinton is a better candidate than any of the Republican candidates, but she won’t even try to change anything.

Bernie Sanders is my choice because he has identified the real issues that matter. He speaks with passion and I believe he will try his best to change the nation’s course toward self-destruction.

The media needs stop insisting that he cannot be elected and let nature take its course.

For more information about this matter, go to FAIR.org

18 Responses to Mainstream media does not like to be criticized

1. Annie Cabani says:

I agree. EVERY report of that part of the debate eliminates Bernie’s pointing out the media’s role in ignoring the issues people care about and, instead, hyping BS non-issues ad nauseum! (I do believe Bernie made his point adequately to Anderson Cooper, though, because I think Anderson largely avoided the BS hype-crap after that.)

I hope and believe Bernie will stay in the race until it becomes clear (if it ever does) that he cannot win the nomination. But, he just might WIN the nomination!

To me, recent talk about Bernie’s “electability” simply confirms that he is a serious contender and a very viable candidate, so the negativity starts being aimed at him. (I think Hillary raises just as many “electability” concerns, BTW.)

But if Joe Biden enters the race, it could make the Democratic primaries unnecessarily messy. We have good candidates now – and how “electable” is Biden, when it comes right down to it? He’ll be blasted as a mini-Obama and/or an Obama-3rd-term, and Veeps don’t actually get elected nearly as often as they run….

• gblock says:

I think that to avoid that messiness, Biden may be holding back and make an active attempt to run only if Hillary Clinton’s campaign goes downhill in a serious way.

2. GB says:

Yes, it’s interesting that they would tell such a blatant lie. I’d interested to know who decided to go with the story that Clinton won the debate.

Obviously not a journalist with any integrity!

They’re selling the meme “Hillary is the winner” because they expect she will be the nominee and then “Hillary is the winner” was the sentence they want Americans to have heard over and over before the actual election. Politics in America is, unfortunately, very much like “Modern Day-Care Management Technique.” Nobody wants the voters to actually know what’s going on because both parties have a lot to hide; what they want the voters to “know” is that voting this way, or that way, will make them “winners” or “losers.” That way they set both the agenda and the “blaming dialogue” in case they lose.

• I suspect that story line was written before the debate began.

3. ed nelson says:

Agreed Fred, I will vote for Bernie, if he is nominated. I voted for Jill
    Stein, but not too many did.

But to tell the truth, I think Berniei will pull out and give his support to Hitlery at the last moment. If she can’t make the grade soon, Biden will jump in and maybe win, he is almost ”presidential” having sat in the VP slot, it’s almost a slam dunk with this poor field of competing doofus’s! And he will be picking up Mrs. Clinton for VP, so she gets into position like she wants, to get there, eventually… incrementally.

“She came, she saw, ‘but they looked back…and they didn’t like it”’.

• I agree that Bernie will probably withdraw and urge his supporters to vote for Hillary, if he decides he can’t win the nomination. I also agree that if the Republicans wound her regarding the email thing, VP Biden will jump in. Anything to prevent Bernie from getting the nomination.

I hope he prevails.

• gblock says:

Yes, if Hillary or Biden gets so far ahead later that Bernie Sanders can’t win, he will endorse the Democratic Party candidate. What would you have him do – endorse the Republican?

• An alternative would be to run as an independent.

• Annie Cabani says:

Ugh! Fortunately, I don’t believe Bernie is so egocentric as to be interested in handing the election over to the Repugnants by running as an independent and splitting the Democratic vote.

My stomach STILL turns on the rare occasions that I happen to think of … wrech … Ralph Nader, who delivered “W” to us! In my view, Nader shares in the responsibility for our country’s subsequent global follies and the disastrous consequences that we have suffered and continue to suffer. And that’s too bad, considering his distinguished career before 2000.

4. Jeff Winbush says:

My heart is with Bernie Sanders, but my head says America will never elect a Socialist to the presidency. That’s why I think Joe Biden is still flirting with getting in the race in case Hillary Clinton is taken down by the emails or Benghazi shenanigans.

5. The six corporations who own all US mainstream media outlets definitely need to stop pushing the outright LIE that Bernie can’t win the election. It’s what they’re afraid of!

0_o

And they know damn well that though Hillary may be dedicated to certain social changes, that she’ll just kick the can down the road when it comes to capitalism out of control. She’s signed, sealed, and delivered by the corporatocracy.

Mainstream media is corporate.
    Bernie is dangerous to the entire corporate structure.
    NOT just Wells Fargo Bank (which owns the prisons); not just Walmart, but the corporate Idol, Intact.
    They created “Bernie Sanders cannot win” as a self-defense meme.