We are back and I will resume posting 5-7 articles per week

Rachel (Crane-Station) and I are back and I will resume posting articles here on a regular basis. Rachel will be posting on a limited basis as her schedule permits. She is working full time and will be enrolling in an MBA program.

For the past six to eight months, we have been posting at Firedoglake, a progressive website owned by Jane Hamsher. However, she announced two days ago that she has decided to end Firedoglake. She has transferred her ownership of the site to Kevin Gosztola, an investigative journalist and member of the Firedoglake community who has been writing about government efforts to conceal unlawful activities committed by its agencies and their employees in order to ‘protect’ national security. He has focused on the plight of whistle blowers like Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, Robert Kiriakou and Jeffrey Sterling who have been aggressively prosecuted for violating the federal Espionage Act, which was passed by Congress in 1917 to criminalize spying. Gosztola has renamed the site Shadowproof. Firedoglakers Brian Sonenstein, Dan Wright and Kit O’Connell have joined Kevin. Rachel and I wish them the best.

We will be writing about the economy, climate change, the ongoing marathon leading up to the 2016 national election, hate crimes, militarized police departments and the epidemic of murders committed by police. We are going to focus on the criminal justice system analyzing what and why everything is wrong with it and we will propose solutions.

We thank everyone for their patience during our absence. Before we started our website, we were active members of the Firedoglake community. It was our home away from home, a place where we exchanged ideas and formed enduring friendships with many people. Through our participation in that community, we became better informed about what is happening in our country and we gained confidence in our writing. Even though we eventually formed our own blog, we continued to think of ourselves as part of that community. We pitched in when the community needed writers. Now that the reorganization is complete, we rejoin our community and family here.

Thank you for persevering.

17 Responses to We are back and I will resume posting 5-7 articles per week

1. MichelleO says:

I am glad that you and Crane are in a good place and doing so much better.

2. a2nite says:

Good news thanks!!

So glad to have you both back!

I’ve been getting fb stuff from the Innocence Project. They have proven so many Black men innocent of the charges that kept them locked up for decades. The good news is that these men are being released, the bad news is that they were locked up in the first place.

I look forward to your posts.

4. Good morning everyone! Crane-Station here. I am using Fred’s sign-in for the moment. It’s great to be back. We have a lot of things to talk about- upcoming trials and cases and so forth.

As you may know, I have not been posting here very much lately for two reasons: 1) I took a new job in December, and it’s kind of unique in that my company requires its hourly on-the-clock workers to commit to being available for work (on short notice) seven days a week, twelve hours a day. Most of the time, we work five or six days a week, eight hours. But sometimes it’s a bit of a marathon. So, there’s that.

Second, like Fred, I was posting at Firedoglake regularly on Wednesdays and since January, on weekends as well.
    Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, I should have been focusing my energy on publishing here rather than Firedoglake. But, I was unaware that, during the recent months I was posting there, they were planning to close the site and open Shadowproof. With that summary, I’ll (best) shut up.

Anyhow, onward and upward!

Everything is awesome:

5. ed nelson says:

And another thing… I kind of figured… don’t leave me to my divices or anything…. ha ha.. But, I kind of had the idear, that Jane was tired of having that ”Tiger by the Tail..” I don’t blame her one bit for losing that whole problem, she needs to have some time to have a life, like we all do…!

yours truely: Geoshmoe/ Eddie Nelson.

6. racerrodig says:

Great to hear this. The topics you discuss have all been of importance. I look forward to all of them. The issue of militarized police is important. I just had a real good talk with my lawyer just the other day on this. We’ve got the opposition backed into a serious corner in our mortgage fraud lawsuit and out of the blue he brought that topic up.

He does criminal defense besides civil matters and he’s really concerned that NJ is following in the steps of major cities with the arms build up.

It seems some counties are purchasing huge amounts of ammunition and military style vehicles without the public’s knowledge nor vote.

What are they preparing for ??

7. ed nelson says:

It’s good to know that ya’al are still here with us!

8. I first started reading you over at Firedoglake and still read there, though soon discovered you here too and have always commented here. So glad you’ll be back on this blog regularly.

And I miss Crane a lot! You go, girl!

9. fauxmccoy says:

I look forward to reading more from both of you. Congrats to CS for the job and school!

10. Rev Bev says:

I am certainly glad to see you; ready for the variety. Question: Where will Crane be pursuing the MBA? Sounds fantastic….good luck to her and to you both.

• She’s looking at the University of North Texas and Arkansas State University. Both have affordable online programs and her employer is offering substantial financial assistance. Despite her full schedule, she plans to contribute at least one article per week.

Good to see you. We hope other people from the Lake will migrate and join our group..

11. So glad to hear that you will be back here posting regularly.