Reuters is reporting,

A 20-year-old man was charged on Sunday with first-degree assault in last week’s shooting of two policemen during a protest rally in Ferguson, Missouri, a crime that shocked a city that has been devastated by months of racial strife.

The suspect, Jeffrey Williams, has admitted to firing the shots that wounded the officers early on Thursday, said St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch.

The right wing is going crazy claiming that Williams was a protester, even though he allegedly fired from inside his car at a location that was nowhere near where the protesters were. In fact, they were not protesting. They were celebrating Chief Jackson’s resignation from the Ferguson Police Department.

Yet more evidence, as if we needed it, that the racist right wing hate machine doesn’t bother with evidence. They just keep on making stuff up.

25 Responses to Jeffrey Williams has been charged with shooting two police officers outside Ferguson P.D.

1. Trained Observer says:

Fogen fails to grasp that it’s way beyond time for him to STFU. Nobody wants to interview him these days. Not Barbara Walters or anyone else. So he gets his divorce lawyer to tape his tripe. .

He’ll be disappointed that his declaration won’t make it beyond the 24-hour news cycle. So he’ll need to do some other “hey, look at me” stunt soon. I remain hopeful he’ll land in jail for a good long time.

2. Diamonique says:

You just can’t make this stuff up. Found on CNN.com today:
    Zimmerman Blames Obama

“George Zimmerman says he bears a grudge against President Obama, accusing him of inflaming racial tensions around the Trayvon Martin case.”

‘ “To me, that was clearly a dereliction of duty,” he says”

Will this fool ever go away?

• girlp says:

Zimmerman gets attention any way he can….he thinks he’s exceptional.

To me, the fact that Fogen felt he had a right to speak like this is directly the fault of DOJ not nailing the Sanford PD for their racist policies that enabled Fogen to commit a racist murder and be rewarded for it. Had the DOJ prosecuted the SPD and several individuals (not even necessarily Fogen himself, although I am sure he had plenty of racist exclamations on his cell phone that DOJ allowed the prosecutor to bury), we would not be hearing this outrageous right-wing-tea-party-scripted bullshit from a piece of garbage impotent drunken trash. He killed Trayvon Martin because his wifey-shmifey (herself a trashy racist) left him and he was mad enough to kill and armed and “entitled” to take it out on someone who, in his sick mind, didn’t matter. Real justice would mean that one of these days, a person who, like him, is armed and upset, will hunt him down for their own self-aggrandizing and self-comforting reasons.

• so jaded says:

He is a hero to white racist.

• gblock says:

He’s just parroting what right-wing racists have been saying for the last two and a half years.

3. gblock says:

According to what I read in the LA Times, the fraternity’s chant at Oklahoma University contained the words: “You can hang ’em from a tree / But he’ll never sign with me/ There will never be a nigger SAE”. Does it strike some of you that black students could legitimately see this as a physical threat – not just as something tasteless and offensive?

It was OBVIOUSLY a threat. It was incitement to murder.

• gblock says:

Thanks. That’s what I thought when I read it, but, in news coverage of it (what I’ve read and heard), and responses to what has happened, as well as the comments of ordinary news followers, there seems to be either a blindness to it or an unwillingness to acknowledge it, or both.

• girlp says:

The teathuglakins and SCOTUS have brought out the worse in people….on the other hand it allows us to see just how deeply racism is institutionalized in this country

4. a2nite says:

Why are black people the only people responsible for the bad apples?

I think white people in America have turned out some heinous monsters. I don’t see that evil put on them.

He’s a bad apple, every demographic has one.

Looks like they beat him up pretty badly.

The evil white power structure will make sure that he blames the protests and protestors because they need to keep the status quo.

FYI:
    you may have his name misspelled in the title?

5. gblock says:

The right wing haters love to have the chance to present protesters as being rioters or violent criminals. And the mainstream media nowadays is often not careful enough to avoid those traps.

You have Fullerton and nor Ferguson in the title and at the end of the article. Could happen, but hasn’t yet!

7. Disappointed says:

I guess if the right wing is going crazy about this they may be leaving Hillary alone? Lol

• But what about Benghazi?

They’ve only had about a dozen congressional investigations and a dozen exonerations. Maybe they can go another dozen.

Idiots.

All the long-time protestors / livestreamers in Feguson that are on Twitter deny ever seeing him before, and from what I hear, they’ve been out there for so long that they know or at least see just about everyone. If they don’t know someone, then they usually know someone who does, and nobody has yet said, oh, I remember him.

• Disappointed says:

Oh I know. Jeez not 1 hearing on WMD. Nothing zip nada. How many soldiers died, lost limb, serious brain injury the list goes on. You get my point.

• Actually, I don’t get your point. What does your comment have to do with Jeffrey Williams and the shooting outside the Ferguson P.D.?

• Disappointed says:

I was replying to you about Bengahzi. The Republicans make a big deal about so many things yet flat out lies they do nothing about.

As far as Ferguson is concerned. I do not trust the police. They have showed their colors. I wish them no physical harm but they should be fired. IMHO.

• Thanks, now I get it. Yes, I think they should get rid of the police department and municipal government and merge back into St.Louis. I realize St. Louis has problems too, but I think the Ferguson PD is beyond reforming and their city government’s costs are not affordable.

• gblock says:

I’ve seen comments that a problem that Ferguson has had is that, after selecting appropriate black possibles and putting them through the police academy, they accept offers from other police departments that are able to offer higher pay. If this is true, it is an argument for doing what you suggest.