NYC Policemen’s Benevolent Association needs to STFU and stop killing people

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Good morning:

As thousands of people demonstrated in Washington DC, New York, Boston and other cities across the country yesterday against an epidemic of homicides in which police officers have killed unarmed black citizens, the New York City police officers union kicked off a campaign to prevent Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito from attending police funerals.

WTF, you ask?

Patrick Lynch, the head of the NYPD Police Officers Benevolent Association, wants everyone to know that he is really really upset about their lack of support for Officer Pantaleo, the cop who killed Eric Garner with a choke hold. Never mind that Eric Garner was unarmed and had just broken up a fight by separating the combatants. He had to be stopped from selling single cigarettes, or loosies as they are called, don’cha know, because respect for the rule of law would cease to exist if they didn’t, and the terrorists would take over Staten Island and start beheading people. They have to be stopped over there so they don’t kill us over here, or some such nonsense.

Reuters reports that,

The New York City Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association posted a form on its website, for members to sign, that requests that de Blasio and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito keep away from funeral services should an officer die in the line of duty.

/snip/

The form, entitled “Don’t Insult My Sacrifice”, accused the pair of “consistent refusal to show police officers the support and respect they deserve.”

Meanwhile Mayor deBlasio, who is married to a black woman, is more concerned about the survival and safety of their son than placating whining cops with sweet political nothings praising the incompetent grand jury decision not to indict Pantaleo and declaring that it’s time to move on. He didn’t have time for that bullshit. He had to have the talk that no parent wants to have.

He had to warn his biracial son to be wary of racist cops with guns and bad attitudes or he might end up as yet another name on a long list of innocent unarmed victims murdered by police.

Here’s Reuters again,

In response, de Blasio and Mark-Viverito released a joint statement saying the union’s campaign was divisive.

“Incendiary rhetoric like this serves only to divide the city, and New Yorkers reject these tactics,” local media quoted them as saying in the statement.

Good for them.

I think the NYPD Police Officers Benevolent Association and its members need to STFU and stop killing people.

22 Responses to NYC Policemen’s Benevolent Association needs to STFU and stop killing people

1. Supporting evil is never right. Never.

2. Eric says:

I’m not convinced Lynch believes what he’s saying. My sense is that he’s a bomb-thrower just to remain in the graces of his union constituency–something akin to Bill O’Reilly’s circus act. Mind you, this is no excuse. In fact, it probably makes it more immoral if he were intentionally trying to divide the city for such a cynical purpose. But, something tells me this guy is more ‘politician’ than anything else.

• I don’t know whether you are right or wrong or whether it matters. Either way, he’s an ass. He reminds me of Jeff Roorda, the spokesperson for the St.Louis Police Officer’s Association. Same bat time same bat station.

The police better clean-up their acts or people are going to start hunting and killing them.

I was in DC yesterday at the march and NOBODY threatened us. NOBODY intimidated us. And frankly, they COULDN’T have done so, PERIOD.

It’s clear that evil and corruption loves power and will do anything to keep that power. We can only continue to fight it in any way we can. At some point, there will be millions of people marching in America’s cities – there will have to be to stop the monster of corruption and injustice. Marchers reporting on Twitter noticed yesterday the difference between 25-50 k in the street and a few thousand – the police could not contain or intimidate them in most cases.

5. MDX says:

“The law was made for one thing alone, for the exploitation of those who don’t understand it, or are prevented by naked misery from obeying it.”

Bertolt Brecht

• Michelleo says:

I like the comments of some of these New Yorker’s in response to New York’s “finest”:

“Like a GANG , or the MAFIA. They always have to “GET BACK” at their perceived enemies.”

“It is always about REPRISAL for the Police ,
      Saying that a high number of accusers constitutes evidence is, quite literally, mob justice.”

6. MDX says:

At some point, minority police and the few white police that support them will break ranks.

Our side has to keep pushing how the acts of Panaleo and Wilson bring shame to any man who claims to have courage, discipline and honor.

Proletarians, once and a while, need to realize who they should be throwing spears at.

• Michelleo says:

I don’t believe so (Black police officers breaking ranks); Christopher Dorner did that and burned down like an animal for it. For some reason, they DID NOT want this man to have his day in court. I do remember him saying however; to never cry for police officers when they are killed because they trade photos of people they’ve killed with one another and between police departments, in a contest to see who had the most grisly kill that day.

I remember in the 90s when some newspapers started reporting the outrageousness of white police officers “accidentally” killing or maiming black police officers in and out of uniform. The white cops knew they were after a perp, and whenever they came upon ANY black man—-he became the perp, whether he fit the description or not. Only a minuscule of black police officers spoke up, and I can imagine why many more did not.

Was it last year that white police officers in NY were looking for a perp and happened upon the first black man they saw, who happened to be a out-of-uniform higher ranking police officer, but they didn’t believe him?

7. Here’s another shooting. This one was in Houston, Remarkably, the victim survived. He’s in serious, but stable condition in a Houston hospital.

• racerrodig says:

Unbelievable – The released statement has the obligatory “scared for my and my partners lives while he had his hand under the seat” I’d be scared if he had a loaded gun pointed at me, but I’m not 5 like most killer cops claim to be like or thought they were. And where’s the SuperHero narrative?? They missed that.

Gee……it seems cop all forget what the expression “take cover” or “evaluate the situation” means……

I know !! Lets play 20 questions with them I’ll ask the 1st 10, somebody can finish up.

1) What does “Defuse the situation mean officer ?”
      (A) Shoot at the target

2) What does “Gather information mean ? ”
      (B) Shoot at the target

3) What does “Step out of the car mean ?”
      (C) Shot at the target

4) What does “Stop….I can’t breathe mean ?”
      (D) pull harder

5) What does “I give up……don’t shoot mean ?”
      (E) He’s bull rushing……shoot faster

6) What does “Why’d you shoot me, I was getting my lic. mean?”
      (F) Nothing

7) What does “What was I doing officer mean ?”
      (G) It’s a black mans code for “You caught me red handed”

8) What does “Can I lock my van up so nothing gets stolen
      mean ?”
      (H) Free stuff for my buds and me

9) What does “Unarmed mean ?”
      (I) Nothing…..well, they all have hands so they all have arms.

10) What does “Peaceful March mean ?”
      (J) Riots and break out more tear gas……then shoot the
      targets

I’m sure black males with their hand under a car seat are faster than a speeding locomotive and are able to leap tall buildings at a single bound. I’ve also heard they can flick their wrist and spray a web that pulls a cops gun right out of his hand. Hey…..just what I heard.

8. bronxlady1 says:

Is he going to issue the same orders to Commissioner Bratton?
    We are on the verge of something very strange when the people we pay and trust to protect and to serve us shamelessly attack the citizenry for minor infractions in broad daylight, then tell us that we didn’t see what we know we saw.

• Like Pantaleo’s ridiculous narrative of the video telling people that he was actually attempting to protect Garner when he killed him.

Difficult to imagine that the members of the grand jury could be that stupid, but they evidently were . . . or they were paid to see it his way.

After what Crane and I have been through in KY dealing with institutional corruption, nothing ould surprise me.

• MDX says:

What was Pantaleo protecting when he pulled down the pants of two men and fondled them?

I think he shall hereon be referred to as:

“Pants off they go”

It is easy to figure out why a GJ does not indict. Fox News makes crystal clear the views of at least 60% of whites in the USA. Add to that the “concerned” “law and order” Democrats who never saw a fight they could not run from gets another 20%.

So, with a jury of mostly whites, the die is already cast.

Something has troubled me for about 40 years: the habit of people who have done grievous and obvious wrong to double down on it, blaming the wronged, rather than to shame-facedly back off with an appropriate demeanor of guilt and conciliatory gestures. It astonishes me! Over and over and over, although I have come to expect it, STILL it has the power to just flabbergast the Hell out of me.

When I thought, in 1982, “this judge will be so appalled that his ruling resulted in all this negative result,” I went to court to see a judge totally reverse himself and every judge before him and take the side he previously thoroughly rejected, just to protect his having made a dumb decision and allowed an abuser to dictate to him. Then a hundred more such outrages occurred and one would think that would make the shock go away for me when I see this same thing played out again. But I just cannot get used to it! I can’t! So, when I thought, in 2014, that a police force that was actively shamed and displayed for all the country to see cowardly and racist bullying murderous behavior against a non-threatening citizen who DIED FROM IT, I thought they would shrink in horror and be glad they could save their pissy-pants-killer-cop “Deny-all Pantaleo” from prison but nooooooo, they have to come out pretending racist murder is something they should SUPPORT!