St.Louis police need to STFU and stop killing people UPDATES (2) BELOW

Monday, December 1, 2014

Good morning:

The racist police in St.Louis are whining about five St.Louis Rams receivers who protested the Michael Brown shooting by raising their hands during the pregame introductions. I use the word ‘racist’ deliberately because Jeff Roorda, the spokesperson for the St.Louis Police Officers’s Association called the protesters in Ferguson ‘thugs’ when he threatened reprisals against the team, if it does not discipline the players or they do not apologize.

Roorda said,

I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights. Well I’ve got news for people who think that way, cops have First Amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours.

I’d remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser’s products. It’s cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do.

Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it’s not the NFL and the Rams, then it’ll be cops and their supporters.

Well, I’ve got news for Jeff Roorda and the St.Louis police: You need to STFU and stop killing people.

UPDATE 1: SB Nation is reporting that the NFL has refused to discipline the players.

The NFL has denied requests from the St. Louis Police Officers Association to discipline a group of St. Louis Rams players who made the “Hands up, don’t shoot” gesture while taking the field on Sunday, according to CNN’s Rachel Nichols.

“We respect and understand the concerns of all individuals who have expressed views on this tragic situation,” NFL Vice President of Communications Brian McCarthy said in a statement.

/snip/

The players explained the decision to reporters after the game, saying it was meant as a sign of support for the community, not an indictment of Wilson.

“We wanted to show that we are organized for a great cause and something positive comes out of it,” Britt told ESPN’s Nick Wagoner. “That’s what we hope we can make happen. That’s our community. We wanted to let the community know that we support the community.”

UPDATE 2: Obama To Ask Congress For $263 Million For Police Body Cameras and Training.

After a day spent meeting with his Cabinet, civil rights leaders and other officials about the mistrust of police in communities of color, President Obama will ask Congress for $263 million in part to equip local police with body cameras.

During a briefing with reporters, a White House official said Obama is also set to announce the creation of a task force on “21st century policing” that will “examine how to promote effective crime reduction while building public trust.”

Obama, the official said, has appointed two co-chairs to the commission: Charles Ramsey, the Philadelphia police commissioner, and Laurie Robinson, a George Mason University professor and a former assistant attorney.

52 Responses to St.Louis police need to STFU and stop killing people UPDATES (2) BELOW

1. bronxlady1 says:

I just wonder where is the testimony of the store clerk or owner. Did he ever really call in a robbery? I saw where he said that he never made a call. Then everything went quiet. It has been said however that what had actually happened was that he wasn’t robbed but that there was an argument between the store worker and Brown over how much change Brown got back. Also, that Brown actually was not grabbing the guy at the door but pushing him out of his way after being called names. Whatever happened, if there is any testimony by the man at the store, I have not heard it.

2. butterflydreamer2 says:

Roorda is against body cameras because they “sometimes don’t reflect exactly what happened” and saying that “cameras have been bad for law enforcement” because “it causes second guessing by the courts and the media.”

It seems that Roorda was fired from the police department after he secretly tape-recorded a conversation with Fredeking, then filed a grievance against the chief in regard to that conversation.

3. a2nite says:

Here’s more:

The data from MB’s crime wasn’t available until evil McKKK released the info from the grand jury.

4. PhillyBoyRoy says:

Dailykos has been coming around re: Killson. Some of the diarists are doing Prof-like work, after the fact.

5. so jaded says:

Oath keepers guarding ferguson businesses. Snipers on rooftop with AK47.

EVERYBODY should appreciate the Rams’ gesture.

Look what has happened: The white supremacists used to be upset when a Black FIST was raised to show POWER; now they’re upset when Black HANDS are raised to show surrender (Don’t SHOOT!).

What is it they really need?

I suspect they need something they can understand.

7. a2nite says:

FYI: This state senator who represents Ferguson gives an excellent reply to the cowardly cops:

I think she sponsored legislation last year concerning over policing and body cameras and civilian review boards.

Also, bravo to the 5 NFL players for standing up for what they think is right and not backing down.

8. so jaded says:

@two sides,the poli e association guys says that they had a great meeting made progress and will continue tomorrow. They are so embarrassed that NFL basically told them to pound sand. They are talking tough to salvage their egos.

9. MDX says:

Charge of the Lead Brigade?

I see that someone else has compared the time line of the shots to Wilson’s story.

Some key quotes:

“P.O. Darren Wilson continued to give Brown commands to stop; however, Brown ignored them. Once Brown got within approximately 15 feet of him, P.O. Darren Wilson indicated he discharged five rounds to stop the threat. According to P.O. Darren Wilson, this did not slow Brown down and he continued to advance. P.O. Darren Wilson discharged two additional rounds; however, Brown continued to advance.
    P.O. Darren Wilson stated Brown then leaned forward and appeared as if he (Brown) was attempting to “tackle” him. P.O. Darren Wilson then discharged one additional round to stop the threat. Brown then fell to the ground, ending the threat…”

“We can see that six shots (marked in red) were fired within a span of approximately two seconds. There was then a three second pause before the seventh shot was fired. The eighth shot came one second later, followed quickly by shot 9 and then shot 10. The total time was 6.572 seconds….”

My comment.

Geeze, this more thorough analysis means that Brown was “charging” at a rate of 1.5 miles per hour, thus making Wilson a liar based on his own testimony.

It also falsifies what witness #10 claims.

And McKlanner had the temerity to claim that he based witness reliability on “forensics”?

Really??????

Gee, what kind of “forensics” makes Wilson’s claim that he was a 5 year old fighting a Hulk Hogan anything but laughably stupid?

The fact that Hulk Hogan is 6′ 4″ , 300 pounds, with a body fat percentage less than 10% , clearly weight trained, and on PEDS vs
    a 6′ 4″, 300 pound Brown, with a BF well in excess of 20%, and no signs of weight training or PEDS.

The fact that Wilson, at 6′ 4″, 220 lbs and a BF of less than 20% is probably five times the size and strength of a five year old.

10. acemayo says:

Star Wars Episode VII’ actor John Boyega takes aim at ‘black Stormtrooper’ racism
    Even in make believe
    A black man cannot be

• Carlyle Moulton says:

Black stormtroopers are inconsistent with previous Star Wars films. Imperial stormtroopers are all accelerated development clones of Boba Fett’s father who was white.

11. racerrodig says:

One of my favorite football movies…….I always loved playing that 4-3 Mau – Mau defense !!

So I take it Roorda isn’t going to buy Rams season tickets now ?? Good, he’d get cloths-lined anyway.

It’s beyond offensive what he had in his letter…..lets all take a look at the reality and the cops are the only ones acting like thugs in this case.

12. MDX says:

So it would be the cops/guards vs what they call thugs or scum of the earth?

Put me on the side of the thugs 🙂

13. I have updated the article twice. The NFL isn’t going to do anything to the players and President Obama is going to ask Congress to appropriate $263 million for training programs and to outfit police with body cameras.

Let those pussies attack football players now, I want to see that!

• Disappointed says:

It’s crazy. I swear I am scared for those 5 players. I do not trust the police dept in that area. Anywhere really but especially there.

• Sophia33 says:

It’s not crazy. I thought about the same thing.

“White rage” is so peculiar.
          Those guys are enraged that African Americans make gestures of solidarity with other African Americans, as if it’s some sort of perfidious assault upon their tender white-ass sensibilities? I’d like to educate them, I swear!

Apologize for expressing yourself in a way that made me feel angry. Bully any?

So now the lying liars are thanking the NFL for apologizing even though they didn’t. Can’t make this shizazz up!

14. Sophia33 says:

HandsUpWalkOut Protests in 64 cities and growing!!!!

Are there any sanctions for state officials who use the dog-whistle language of racism?

16. Disappointed says:

They keep denying hands were up even tho most witnesses claim they were up. Plus I swear I thought Kilson said they were up. Although I think he said up while charging him but he has to say charging to make it appear he had to kill.

• Bill Taylor says:

correct kilson indeed said in ONE statement that browns hands were UP…..

• bronxlady1 says:

Thank you Bill Taylor and Disappointed. People keep telling me that i didn’t see what i saw. I also remember that Wilson said that Brown’s hands were up when he turned around, but then reached into his waist-band, as if going for something. Then later Wilson stated that he never said that Brown’s hands were up.

• MDX says:

I believe that the shells and blood trail indicate that Brown was able to move about 25 feet back in the direction of Wilson during the entire sequence of shots on tape.

The reason I say this is that both Wilson and Johnson claim the shots sequence started as Brown stopped and turned around.

So in the span of six seconds, Brown turned and made it 25 feet. I will remove 6 feet for the height of Brown falling forward to die.

That leaves us with turning and moving 19 feet in six seconds.

To make the math easy, Brown did the six yard dash in six seconds – which is the 100 yard dash in 100 seconds – which is a mile in 1,760 seconds – which is essentially 2 miles per hour.

Two miles per hour is well below average walking speed for a human:

“The difference in height and length of stride for men and women while walking, dictate the human walking performance. As a result, the average walking speed for men is about 3.5 mph while for women it clocks in a little low at 2.5 to 3 mph…”

So who is telling the truth?

Johnson, who claimed that Brown turned and moved towards Wilson while trying to say he had no weapon and why was he being shot at

or

Wilson, who claimed that Brown hopped up on a leg and made a charge

And keep in mind that it is very easy for a healthy young male to walk backwards at rates over 3 mph.

IMO, the most plausible statement, based on forensics, is that Brown turned around into a hail of lead that caused him to stumble forward and die.

BULL RUSH = BULL CRAP

Note, I base my numbers on a magazine article I read giving a synopsis of the data.

• Bill Taylor says:

not sure i buy the whole 25 feet return story…..was there a trail of blood or just a couple of splatters? is it possible one of more of the shots hitting his upper arm area could have sent blood flying a few feet behind Brown?….also the star lying witness 10 claimed Brown charged TWICE with a 3 second pause between meaning Brown had more than enough time to reach wilson during that pause between shots…….

• MDX says:

I agree that your premise has a high degree of plausibility.

My argument is based on a favorable interpretation of the evidence for Wilson – which still makes him chargeable, IMO.

I have my “doubts” about 10.

McKlanner has a history of using a few out of many witnesses who just happen to back up a tale told by an officer.

Also, prosecutors and police are notorious for finding a witness with something that can be used against them to back up a case they are trying to make.

That said, I sum up what all witnesses say and how stories match.

To me, it seems that Brown stopped and tried vainly to raise hands which fell across his body as he stumbled forward and died.

I also give a lot of weight to the excited utterance by the construction worker caught on tape seconds after the event.

• LLMPapa says:

EXCELLENT analysis of time and distance.

17. Sophia33 says:

Did he actually say “violent thugs” in that statement? I AM SO PROUD OF THOSE PLAYERS!!!!

18. The statement actually included the words “violent thugs”. That says enough.

19. LLMPapa says:

Did Roorda call for the cops to apologize for wearing those cute lil “I AM DARREN WILSON” bracelets?

What an idiot!

20. Motor City Lady says:

Yes, it’s the good people of St. Louis who buy local sports franchises’ apparel and other items. Good people like Michael Brown.

21. so jaded says:

You guys should read about captain Ray Lewis retired Philadelphia police officer. He went to ferguson to protest poli e brutality. He says police departments are corrupt. He says there is a test they have potential recruits take. It measures sensitivity if it shows that u r a sensitive person u r dismissed. They only hire insensitive people. It’s a good read. I DNK hiw to post links on my phone.

Does anyone think the Rams players will b forced to publicly appologize? I can easily see them sitting out a suspension. This is bigger than. A fine…

22. J4TMinATL says: