Slimed and forced to flee for our lives

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Good afternoon:

Today, I read a post at Gawker by Max Read, titled How We Got Rolled by the Dishonest Fascists of Gamergate.

On one occasion, according to deadspin.com, several gamers discussed how good it would be to drive one woman to commit suicide, but they decided not to do it because it would be the wrong PR play. On another, they persuaded Intel to stop advertising on Gamasutra, a gaming site that has criticized them and their tactics.

Now they are attempting to do the same thing to Gawker for criticizing them.

As I read the article, I realized that Crane and I have been hounded and slimed with similar tactics used by the dishonest fascists of Gamergate. They specialize in threatening women with rape and murder and carrying out coordinated attacks against them by intentionally disseminating false information calculated to destroy their reputations and ability to earn a living.

At the end of August, Nikko, Crane and I were forced to flee for our lives. We abandoned most of our stuff because we did not have the time or money to pack it up and move it. For approximately a month, we were out of touch living in motels, limited to occasionally blogging from various WiFi hotspots. We are settling into a new place with new secure computers and far from Kentucky.

We left because our locked apartment was repeatedly burglarized by people familiar with our comings and goings who somehow had obtained a set of keys. They even intercepted our mail. Over a lengthy period of time, they gradually stole all of Crane’s legal files, her Frog Gravy manuscript, and my law school teaching files. They stole photographs and letters from family members. They stole property and vandalized property they did not steal, including , three microwaves, six computers, and all of our books. We had several valuable first editions that they ruined, opening and pouring coffee on the pages.

They hacked into our computers, monitored everything we did, and infected them with viruses, malware and root kits rendering the computers inoperable. They stole hard drives and memory cards. They stole wallets, and hacked into our bank account.

All of this happened gradually over a period of time, so gradual that we scarcely noticed anything and when we did, we usually blamed each other. When a computer ceased to function, we assumed something had broken and replaced it.

The malicious behavior spiked during the summer after Crane and I published articles exposing her lawyer’s cooperation with the prosecuting attorney to rig the outcome of her trial, and I stated we were going to write about the Kentucky State Crime Laboratory next.

Several days later, Crane was threatened with rape and murder. We started connecting dots and searched our apartment discovering most of the thefts and vandalism that I have described. During that search we found some evidence that the Paducah Police Department and Kentucky State Police had been in our apartment, however, we could not determine when or whether the property we found had been left by someone not in law enforcement. The intruders left brown paper bags, disposable gloves and hair nets, as if they had been collecting ‘evidence’ to submit for testing. At one point, even a hairbrush was taken.

We are whistleblowers and whistleblowers are public enemy number one. Corruption is rampant in the legal system in Paducah, so much so, that we suspect it is institutional and multigenerational. We decided not to go to the police because we suspect they are involved or were involved.

A few days before we left, I noticed that a picture on the wall next to Crane’s side of the bed was hanging crookedly. When I attempted to straighten it out, I discovered a large hole in the wall that appeared to have been made with a sledgehammer.

The bed also was a little out of position and when I looked at it more closely I discovered that the mattress and the carpet beneath my side of the bed had been slashed, repeatedly.

We left town as soon as possible leaving no forwarding address.

While all of this stuff was going on, we were being subjected online to a campaign of unceasing vicious personal attacks by people calling us crack heads. Crane was called a whore and prostitute. I was called a failed lawyer who had been disbarred. I also was blamed for the demise of the law school even though I blew the whistle on the wrongdoers. Our address and telephone number was posted on line.

Websites containing my name were created to divert web traffic and warn people that I was an evil fraud. Unspeakably vile things were said about me. I have been falsely accused of everything from a child molester to a serial killer. I have even been accused of falsely pretending to be me. People masquerading as me posted idiotic, racist and sexist slurs at sites like the Huffington Post. I don’t know the half of it because I naively ignored what was going on.

Although the damage our haters and stalkers have caused is incalculable, we do not believe it is irreparable. The experience has made us stronger.
Crane and I are not feeling like victims or looking for sympathy. We are in a much better place today and delighted to be safely out of Paducah.

14 Responses to Slimed and forced to flee for our lives

1. sadlyyes says:

Dear Crane and Mason,may the good vibes of the universe protect you

2. sadlyyes says:

i live in the deep south,bought a farm to rescue animals,I have been harassed,sued,verbally abused and threatened,by cops and animal control,even though I live way out in the stix.With all this crap,my health has suffered.but a no-kill shelter is now a poular idea here.PS
    the local fishwrap here is fascist,and called me a Utopian,as if striving to make things better was a disease.pps,the are all good Xtians of course

3. MDX says:

The shitstem gets very vindictive.

About 15 years ago, when they were all still in life, my father use to go to a McDonalds to shoot the shit with old-timers. Anyhow, one of the old guys told a cop off and got assaulted. So he was able to win a suite against the Detroit Police. After he won, there was a cop car that followed him any time he went out and he was constantly harassed.

Obviously, you are getting a most severe example of this intimidation.

And I can apply this to the Brown murder.

It is quite obvious that the shitstem is doing everything in its power to intimidate those who want or will go against Wilson.

So why should we give any credence to the claim that Johnson’s attorney stated that Brown stole some cigarillos. For all we know, Johnson’s attorney, being pragmatic, has warned him that the shitstem can and will go after him, if he becomes “too outspoken”.

Their paid shills are already on websites calling him Brown’s accomplice.

Accomplice?????

In the video, Johnson clearly gives back the box of cigarillos he was handed.

But the case to defend Wilson will be based on the alleged crime in the store and an alleged felony assault of Wilson, thus mandating that this felony assault must be accepted as true in order for Wilson to be absolved of murdering Brown.

So Johnson also could face a charge of being an accomplice to this felony assault.

And this is how the shitstem works to silence those who can or dare to speak the truth.

And so many Americans either can’t or refuse to see the forest through the trees.

4. owl says:

i live in a world in my heart and my head, and in a time of generations ago where i don’t want to believe these violations of privacy, freedoms and extreme threats of violence exist.
    better that you retreated, with common sense and dignity, to a safe place.
    your lives, your valuable contributions as human beings, and a state of peace of mind is the very best solution.
    trust the universe to hand up justice to the guilty.

• MDX says:

I read the comments and see that, once people are fed a narrative, their critical thinking skills go out the window.

A) If Brown wanted to steal cigarillos, why did he wait till the female clerk went behind the counter, engage in a conversation with her, then grab a box, take “some”, and make his “getaway”.

He could have just grabbed the boxes and went out the door before either clerk was able to reach him.

B) If I strong arm rob cigarillos, why would I, after grabbing the entire box, rip it open and take some. And why would my “accomplice” give the full box back before the “getaway”.

I have years of experience as a clerk in far more dangerous territory than that store.

My take?

Brown was pissed of that the clerk for whatever reason – probably the clerks communication skills – gave him the wrong cigarillos and, in a fit, he reached in there and got the right ones.

For why else would his “accomplice” give the other box back and he only take some from the other box.

The male clerk, because Brown did the reach and grab, tried to confront him.

The confrontation was probably about Brown ripping open a new box without their permission.

It’s unbelievable. Stay safe.

May the force be with you guys. Stay safe and keep fighting for what’s right!

7. I can’t wait to never go back to Paducah.

Sounds like a hell-hole.

• I always thought of it as a surreal, nightmarish version of Stepford, or John Carpenter’s Hobbs End. Then again, maybe it’s just a corrupt river town. Bad vibes…Glad to be away from it.

There is a tinge of horror in places like that. I lived in one once – always a feeling of bad things going on under the surface of what looks like a great place to retire or raise a family. When there’s tcorruption in the judicial system and law enforcement, there can’t help but be a thread of hate that runs through places like that.

• That’s it! It’s the kind of thing where everything looks good at first glance and by all appearances. But, it’s fake. We used to joke about…are the people even real, or are they stand-ins for people. Like, the whole place is one big lie. It’s creepy.