Having a Wonderful Adventure from Somewhere on the Road

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Good morning:

Crane-Station and I were hacked rendering our computers inoperable. Our place was burglarized, our property vandalized and stolen. Our bank account was breached and money stolen.

Our lives were threatened.

We left Kentucky in a hurry to avoid a worse fate.

This problem began when someone burglarized our home and obtained the access code to our AT&T router, which wasn’t difficult to do since it was printed on the side.

Our apartment was trashed.

Then both of our computers were hacked. Our administrator privileges were usurped, our passwords were altered, and we could no longer log-in to our computers.

I was able to reset and restore my computer to the state it was in when I purchased it, but Crane ended up in the same place unable to log-in after she reset hers.

My computer now appears to be operating normally with assistance from HP Tech Support.

Looks like we offended some people.

79 Responses to Having a Wonderful Adventure from Somewhere on the Road

1. lady2soothe says:

Wherever you are I hope you’re safe and enjoying the roadtrip

2. Charles Ramsey says:

I sent the information you have been hacked here where I’m a member hope you approve. http://www.triplenine.org

3. sherna lee says:

WTF they sent that ebola man home because they feared he couldn’t pay the bill just like they do everyday at most hospitals in this county

• SearchingMind says:

I think CNN’s headline “Grand Jury gets more time in Ferguson police shooting case” is misleading. The Court merely extended the term of the Grand Jury on September 10 2014 (i.e. the day it was expected to expire). This was already expected. As far back as mid August, St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch made the following declarations: “we’re going to start presenting everything to the grand jury as quickly as we can. We’re not going to wait until we have everything and then do it”. McCulloch called on the members of the public “who saw anything or heard anything’’ pertaining to Brown’s death “to get that information to us.” McCulloch continued: “Our target date is hopefully by the middle of October. Some people say we are rushing to judgment and others say we are dragging it out. We will do this as expeditiously as possible but certainly not in any haphazard manner. I certainly understand the concern, but we won’t rush it through. In the long run, people, at least a majority of people, will appreciate the thoroughness.”

This has not changed and I hold him to that.

• Bill Taylor says:

seems to me he should already have the info he asked the public to bring to him???? should the police have interviewed the witnesses that very day it happened? him asking the public for the info shows he KNOWS the police did NOT do their job.

4. lurker says:

Professor–hope that you and Crane are resettled after the beginning of the thread. Just wanted to drop by and share that gz just escaped another run-in. Involved road rage and stalking. Victim declined to press charges.

• lady2soothe says:

George Zimmerman Allegedly Threatens To Kill Man In Road Rage Incident 9-12-14

George Zimmerman is in legal trouble again.

WSVN reports that his latest brush with the law came on Tuesday when Zimmerman allegedly threatened to kill a man during a road rage incident in Lake Mary, Florida. The man, whose name has not been reported, also told police Zimmerman was waiting for him at his work.

Zimmerman allegedly admitted to police that he had an altercation with the man, but he won’t face legal action because the man has declined to press charges. That’s exactly how Zimmerman escaped his last two legal battles.

In December, Zimmerman’s girlfriend declined to press charges after she initially claimed he pointed a shotgun at her face during an argument last November.

In September of last year, Zimmerman’s ex-wife also declined to proceed with a case against her former husband after she claimed he threatened her and her father with a gun.

In July of 2013, Zimmerman was found not guilty in the killing of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

He has stayed in the headlines more than a year later.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article referred to previous reports that Zimmerman was working as a security guard. The store at which he claimed to be working at the time denied that Zimmerman was an employee. That reference has been removed from the story.

• I don’ t understand why this person did not press charges. Especially with the stalking behavior, with fogen showing up at this person’ s workplace. Is this just a joke???? Publicity stunt, to stay in the public’s view???? He is pathetic.
        AKA Japanese Girlsan.

• Dave says:

Why didn’t he press charges? Aside from the hassle of taking time off from work for police interviews, depositions, court appearances etc., the victim would become a walking target, not just for Zimmerman but for his many deranged admirers. (See Fred’s post above.) I think he should have pressed charges too.

• lady2soothe says:

Hi J Girlsan! It’s been a long, long time 🙂 … Just a matter of time before he repeats Trayon’s murder on another unsuspecting innocent life . He’s a known stalker, and just how many times did we say that on HP? Too many to count.

• Yes it has been a while:-). I was,really sick for a while, but now, all is well. 🙂 Yes, I remember too well, the convos we had. I am still pretty angry at the injustice, …..but, we all know that it is just a matter of time……before be meets his match…….What is your take so far on the Michael Brown shooting? Mine….a special prosecutor, and an arrest, so far. There are many eyewitnesses, that from even their different vantage points, most saw his hands up, after the first barrage of shots. The preliminary autopsy his somewhat validating also. If he is indicted, he has an uphill climb. I think the charge should be manslaughter, murder 2 , in my heart of hearts.
            Talk to you, soon.
            Japanese Girlsan.

• sparger says:

Did you look at the tape of the cop taking Zimmerman’s gun. It was in the middle of his back. The exact same place it was is when Trayvon used his x-ray vision and tried to take it from him.

So it appears Judge Masipa has concluded that Gerrie Nell did not prove premeditated murder; it sounds like GUILTY on negligent homicide though. We shall see.

6. ay2z says:

“My body, speech and mind, in perfect oneness…. Transcend all anxiety and sorrow…..”

Inviting the bell….

7. Kelly Payne says:

Telling the truth seem to piss certain people off.That’s what you have always done.

8. Greg Beasley says:

Isn’t breaking into a computer a federal crime? The FBI should be there dusting prints off of the keyboard. It’s quite possible that the person that did it is a cop and doesn’t have a criminal record/prints on file. Getting past a password on the computer is a very technical thing and is way beyond the skills of a typical house thief.

9. Nef05 says:

Sweet Jesu, that’s scary. What a nasty mess. So glad you and C-S are safe. You must be doing something right, Prof. So sorry to hear it’s coming at such a horrible personal cost. Please stay safe!

10. J4TMinATL says:

Why would someone break in and leave two laptops?

11. J4TMinATL says:

Glad you both are ok. Is member info safe and were your bank accounts compromised?

12. SearchingMind says:

YOU, Professor, are the one who used the phrase “trench war(fare)” to describe your experience as an attorney. That was the moment I knew you are authentic: an attorney by calling and not by choice. Just as the leopard never loses its spots, an attorney by calling is an attorney to the marrow and will always remain an attorney regardless of whether or not (s)he is in formal practice; just like the foot soldier in the ‘front-line-trench’ knows that he could be hit at any moment, I am sure you are neither intimidated nor surprised by the avalanche of hate from a bunch of anonymous barbarians targeting your family; and just as Jonah could not escape his calling, you will never escape being an attorney and constantly fighting battles. War is your fate and the day you stop fighting will be the day your maker shall have called you unto himself; you feel it and you know it. So, Soldier, the drums of war are sounding. Don your armor and let’s roll:

(One of my favorites when preparing for an onslaught)

13. J4TMinATL says:

How did this all happened??

What should keep? What do do

14. ay2z says:

Good night, old Kentucky home….. sing one last song for the old Kentucky home far away.

A Paul Robeson closing as the state line passes from the rear view, no time wasted on non-existent sentiments, just a bright road ahead with a following who care.

15. Annie Cabani says:

No prettier sight than the “Welcome to Kentucky” sign in your rear view mirror, I bet.

Godspeed.

16. a2nite says:

I’m glad you’re safe.

17. MKX says:

Apparently, the w(h)it(e)ness in the shooting (execution) of Crawford made a bunch of stuff up in the 9-11 call he made.

I’m not sure that w(h)it(e)ness [BRILLIANT!] should be only considered a material witness. From the stories given and that which can be disproven by comparing store videos to his 911 call in time, he should be considered for a charge of (a) false police report; (b) reckless endangerment; (c) criminal conspiracy to deprive someone of his Constitutional rights under color of state law; and (d) accessory after the fact.

• MKX says:

And why, pray tell, was George Zimmerman not guilty of all that?

Oh, That’s right, John Goode was his “whiteness” 🙂

• JJ says:

Wonder if this will be the first time that a caller calling in a non-crime will be charged with the deaths of two people. The caller out and out saw a black guy with a gun and imagined stuff.

Hope they charge him as well as the cop who may have had the same reaction – black man + gun = death

black man + gun = death

black man + toy gun = death

black man + no gun = death

black man + no gun, hands up, surrendering = death

black man + kitchen knife in hand at side at 20 paces = death

black teen-aged child + candy, walking = death

black man + death = thug, needed it

What is wrong with this picture, in terms of our country being the conscience of the world and the superpower entitled to police other countries?

• Michelleo says:

He wanted to see what would happen, and hoped he get to witness what actually took place in front of his face.

• girlp says:

Here we go again with arrest records, does Ritchie have an arrest record? What’s the reason he was booted out of the Marines and what does being arrested and charges dropped have to do with what happened in Wal-Mart.

• Not only that girlp, the AG’s office has allowed this jerk to view the wal mart survellience video, and someone in that office, or the sherriff’s dept. , told him?? that Mr. Crawford has a charge of some sort in the past, that was dropped. TAMPER with a witness, much? UNBELIEVABLE.

• girlp says:

I looked it up he did have some very serious charges however they were dropped so it has to be that they had very little to no evidence. So I guess they are going to smear Crawford like they did MB.

18. ay2z says:

Crane and Fred!

Love that on the road, feeling!! Have a great adventure!! Look forward to your pics and posts!

19. renahv says:

So glad to hear you!

20. YQ says:

Glad you are safe. Sorry that this has happened to you. My prayers are with you guys throughout this ridiculous encounter.

NOTICE:

If you are Professor and Crane, welcome and blessings on you.
    If you are an (or more) imposter(s), may you trip on a banana peel, fall and break your nose, look ugly and unredeemable, consequently lose your spouse and any lovers you have been able to trick into consorting or cavorting with you, and develop dropsy, flopsy and cottontail, in that order, and never enjoy a moment’s rest or pleasure from now until the inevitable inversion of the catacombs. Amen.

(And I mean it.)

So glad to hear from you. Stay safe.

23. PhillyBoyRoy says:

You are heroes to all of us. Stay safe.

24. Michelleo says:

How do we know that this is really the proprietor of this blog, and not the crooks who broke in and stole all of their information and changed their passcodes?

25. Crazy World. Glad to see you. I was wondering what happened. Stay safe.

26. Sophia33 says:

My goodness! I am so happy to hear that you all are ok. While I know that it is a pain in a butt to have to change everything, you all are alive to change it. Please be safe.

27. girlp says:

Glad your both okay.

28. willisnewton says:

Glad to hear you are unharmed. Be aware that this should be a media story. And of course, reported to the police and the FBI. Do you have reason to believe this was a political attack, or was it crooks after money? I suspect the former, but the latter is more likely.

• whonoze says:

I don’t think think thieves would change passwords.

While HP support may have got Fred back up and running, they’re not going to know how to protect your stuff from a security breach. The intruders could have installed spyware that relays new info on the machines to a remote location.

I’m not a Windows guy, but I’m guessing anyone who could get past Fred and Crane’s Windows login passwords would be capable of doing more than just the crude vandalism of changing the passwords to lock them out.

I’d look for a computer security expert to check things out and recommend safety measures. These folks charge big bucks for corporate clients, but there may be someone willing to help Fred and Crane pro bono. Anonymous, maybe?

29. michelleo says:

I’m glad you two are okay. My concern is whether or not those crooks have member information. You have written to thank me for my contributions in the past, but I noted that you did not the last time I did.

• I have reestablished contact with my PayPal account and it has not been breached. Donations deposited there are still there awaiting transfer.

I apologize for not thanking you for the donation. Crane and I have been dealing with a stressful situation that was a major distraction for us. Finally, we just had to make a break for it.

I’ll take this opportunity to thank you and everyone else who has donated money to us.

Thank you.

Fred

• Michelleo says:

Thank you. I was concerned that maybe someone else got the payment instead. Glad you and your wife are safe. We’ve missed you both.

• Tzar says:

what can you tell me about a poggie plant?

• masonblue says:

Hi Tzar, Crane-Station here, great to see you. I will admit ignorance as I attempt to answer. My limited understanding is, it is a fish processing plant, but not many people know that poggie is a type of fish. You sort of have to be from a specific region of the South, and it may be Florida, possibly Amelia Island, from a quick google. I do know that my parents who married in Florida nearly seventy years ago, have mentioned it, but my memory of the context is really very limited. It is possible that I have mentioned it in one of the essays related to my parents’ history, but I don’t think so. That’s about all I know!

• Didn’t that former Nassau County prosecutor mention something about Angela Corey and Bernie de la Rionda not knowing where the pogie plant is in town?

I’m so glad you’re both okay as well. That was some pretty dang serious hacking!

Hopefully you’re settling into a much better location – not that anywhere is safe in cyberspace, but you’re at least away from the location where you were physically violated.

I hope you can find a way to get back into Crane’s computer. My bro locked himself out of his new laptop last winter. We both had Toshibas, so I was finally able to download my Windows 7 to it from my CDs disk and then update to his Windows 8 from his CDs. Fortunately the data somehow emerged intact, but the process was a headache and t took a good 12 hours to figure out and accomplish because I first tried all the conventional routes suggested online that didn’t work.

Anyway, STAY SAFE!

Professor, are our contributions that go through PayPal now being received by the crooks, or do you receive them. I need to know so I can stop (and then carefully reroute) payments and if possible I will initiate an investigation as to where the money went (if it went astray) so that criminal charges from the location where I AM can be brought for interstate wire fraud. Do let us know asap.

It’s a big relief that you are OK.