#TheodoreWafer testified today

Monday, August 4, 2014

Good evening:

Many thanks to Oralandar Brand-Williams for her fine work tweeting today’s session. When I say “hear” I am referring to her tweets.

Theodore Wafer took the stand today and I did not hear him say that he opened the door and saw not one, not two, but three people on his front step. I guess he only told his attorney that.

I heard him say he was frightened as he stood with his back against the kitchen sink with the windows rattling and the floor vibrating ever more violently, but he believed his gun was unloaded when he opened the front door.

I heard him say it went off accidentally, but as far as he was concerned he shot her in self-defense.

I never heard him say he asked who was knocking on his door and what they wanted.

I did not believe him.

He will be back on the stand facing more cross examination tomorrow at 9 am EDT.

Go here to review today’s session by tweet.

27 Responses to #TheodoreWafer testified today

1. girlp says:

I don’t believe Wafer, Idon’t believe the house was shaking. He got p**ed of because she woke him up at 4:30 in the AM opened the door and shot her….he has no remorse.

2. MKX says:

Note that Wafer’s story is a mix of fear and macho.

He has this exaggerated fear of impending doom because he lives in a home proximate the Detroit border, his truck was paint balled, and his neighbor “had” to pull a gun on some dudes doing drugs in a car parked on Outer Drive.

And then it happened.

Pounding on the door!!!

I am going to die!!!

No, I am a man, so I will get my gun and not be a victim!!!

He reads like a man who has listened to too much media propaganda.

His story is very much like Dunne’s.

Dunne was scared because he got in an argument with black males and “knew” that he was going to be pounded or killed.

So, being a “man”, he got his gun so that he would not be a victim.

This line of thinking is absurd and, quite frankly, menacing to society, if we let it be used to justify murder.

Dunne and Wafer are drinkers. I wonder if they both are in the paranoid delusional phase.

During my days selling liquor, there were a few regulars that I felt were just one step away from snapping.

It’s also the big lie. These guys watch TV and identify with the heroes who (while always armed) have to repeatedly defend themselves against death-at-the-hands-of-evil-personified in every single episode. THEY use their guns and THEY are heroes and THEY refuse to be victims and THEY face the awful “it’s either them or me” on a weekly basis and THEY get academy awards for it and THEY are worshipped by everyone. Why not measley Wafer? Probably he was teased as a child and called “sugar cookie” and by now he wants to really show his manhood. How better than by being “attacked” in his home and single-handedly “blowing THEM away”?

Yep. John Wayne. Every disagreement has to be settled with a fist or a gun. Every woman has to be humiliated.

• MKX says:

The entertainment media has a very warped perspective on violence and sex – in neither can there be any humanity, just objectification and gratification.

You know, I was just wondering what people in, say, Iraq or Yemen must think of Americans.

In Yemen there are more guns than people. In Iraq there has been more than a decade of war. Yet if someone knocks on a person’s door, he opens that door or at least shouts out a window, “What do you need, who is it?” People help each other in the street. People take each other’s children home if they are injured, and they give and get help from each other all the time. When the electricity is out they don’t shoot each other; they take each other in; they protect each other.

And here? The home of the free and the brave?

Nobody’s free to even walk down the street with candy; nobody’s brave enough to hear a knock on their door without committing hideous murder.

Really. How shameful. How pitiful. What a poor show.

Where is our national capacity for embarrassment?

4. racerrodig says:

Note to the USPS : DO NOT attempt to deliver any Certified Mail to Theodore Wafer…….ever. The knocking on the door may result in a self defense action by the always frightened Mr. Wafer.

Is this clown for real ?? !! ?? His lawyer clearly stated there were multiple suspects / potential assailants. Now he was rushed from the side of his house ?

I do know blatant lies are left unassailed because a lawyer / prosecutor my believe the tale is so tall only a moron would believe it….
    …….like B 37 for example.

NOW it’s attacked “again”

5. elizbowe says:

J4T I would have been here also- but I never post, usually the huge time difference between us. I also tend to misunderstand things.

“Have you ever been attacked like this in your own home?” You mean get shot in the face or have a neighbor knock on your door because their son was unconscious and they needed help?

I’ll try tomorrow.

6. MichelleO says:

I don’t think anything is going to happen to this man. I believe he is going to walk like Fogan. Rest in peace, dear Renisha.

7. MKX says:

He stretched the truth or lied with his statement about his area being copper canyon. Copper canyon would be in the City of Detroit and that border is three blocks north at Warren Avenue. And copper canyon is the neighborhood north of Warren and west of Rouge Park. Wafer lives in Dearborn Heights. The former copper canyon is where McBride had her car accident.

He got is car paint balled and was in fear?

Yep, nothing ever happens to cars parked along a main street in good neighborhood 🙂

As far as I am concerned, he admitted to manslaughter and his story about being afraid and firing without calling out or even attempting to see who is there is a failure.

A person pounding on your home is not an act wherein your life or body is in danger to the point that you need to start shooting.

His excuse is as bad as Dunne’s

“Oh my, I am in a neighborhood that is changing, so anyone who knocks is coming to kill me”

It does not pass muster with me.

Hell, I am scared when I am sitting next to some crazy guy on the subway who is on some sort of drug and is yelling to himself. But I can not shoot him in self-defense unless he does an act that is reasonably life threatening to me. And some of those crazy guys are pretty big and strong looking. So what act was a clear and present danger to life and limb of Dunne? He should have stayed inside his house with his gun and took the fear.

A victim? That contradicts his fear. If he thought he was going to be a victim while inside his home behind locked doors in possession of a gun, then how does unlocking one of the doors and looking out reduce his potential to be a victim?

However, 2 out of 12 jurors bought Dunne’s line of bull and Wafer’s is not piled as high, so a hung jury may be in the cards.

• butterflydreamer2 says:

or another B37, “heart was in the right place”, and also thought he went alittle to far, but doesn’t think he’ll do it again.

• fauxmccoy says:

i could not agree with you more, MKX. wafer admitted to manslaughter on the stand, under oath.

His FLOORS were shaking?
      He grabbed his gun but didn’t know if it was loaded or not?
      He thought “it’s them or me”?
      Then it stopped, then it started, he didn’t want to be a victim?

Uh…NOT.

• Dave says:

MKX, you’ve got it right. The prosecution didn’t even have to cross examine Wafer. He made most of their case on direct.

8. J4TMinATL says:

Disappointed that me, Dave, and Malisha posted throughout day and not one person even acknowledged my questions or cared to interact.

I can read tweets on Twitter. I came to blog to interact but it did not happen.

Disappointed.

• MKX says:

My router crashed, so I was out of the loop during the day.

• fauxmccoy says:

i was not available until 7 pm EDT, otherwise, i’d have been with you J4.

• crustyolemothman says:

J4TMinATL, Sorry because I would normally have been there with y’all, but unfortunately today and even tomorrow I was at my attorneys all day trying to resolve an important issue. Wed I will be home, hopefully and will try my best to be there participating. I know it is sometime frustrating, and seems like a thankless task, but some of us read what you and others wrote today and the work you guys put in was/is appreciated…

Had other things to do today. Thanks for the posts.

I actually was out most of the day and then came in and added comments later, J4, but I appreciate your input. 😀

• J4TMinATL says:

Thank you all. Sorry I think my words sound harsher than I intended.

Should be interesting in the morning as cross continues.

• Dave says:

Some of the regulars here were probably doing what I was doing–cycling back and forth between multiple feeds in different windows trying to keep up with what was going on. Eventually Fred and I settled into a pattern where he would Copy and Paste everything from one feed and I’d do the same from another. It’s hard to analyze much, let alone comment, when you’re struggling to keep up.

• J4TMinATL says:

Yeah I commented in between those paste of tweets. I guess it’s better to comment at lunch or at end of day?

9. roderick2012 says:

“have you ever been attacked like this in your own home?”

That was for the jury to put themselves in Wafer’s shoes just like O’Mara called the blonde chick who was a victim of a home invasion by the two black men.

Wafer’s attorney like O’Mara wants to stoke the primal fear and anger in the jurors that only blah people can provoke.

10. elizbowe says:

Professor and all:

There is some video of the trial posted, here is a link for Theodore Wafer testimony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jw0Gpnptec

I was surprised that at at about 12:42 the defense attorney asks “have you ever been attacked like this in your own home?” I would have objected to that because he wasn’t attacked, door knocking is not an attack on him in his home. That question sounded like he was attacked in his home.