Frank Taaffe Expresses Change of Heart (Video)

posted by Crane-Station

-I owe a hat tip to someone for bringing it to our attention. Thank you, much appreciated. While I have not followed Zimmerman in a while, I do sometimes wonder if some have had a change of heart.

[correction, the hat tip goes to Xena. Thank you Xena!]

Former George Zimmerman defender now says he was guilty, racially profiled black men
By Tom Boggioni
Saturday, May 10, 2014 19:17 EDT

100 Responses to Frank Taaffe Expresses Change of Heart (Video)

1. New post up:

Monday Night Open Thread

We’re trying a new idea. Check it out.

“To me, without a genuine “I did bad and I was wrong to do it,” mea culpa FIRST”

True, and it seems as if a 12-step program sponsor would encourage the direct language and owning the problem. It could be something he’s doing on his own and he hasn’t yet entirely owned it, a baby step if you will.

On the other, maybe it’s a manufactured tempest in a shit-stirring teapot. The authorities have been so lax in this case and the media so willing to provide entertainment, that if Fogen supporters, including his attorney, can get away with all sorts of media stunts, then why can’t Francis? His confession not only gets sympathy, but is likely to mobilize Fogen supporters into giving more money and Francis has a beg page on his website replacing the one that used to be for Fogen.

O:o

Oh, as a bonus, they get to stir the emotions of TM supporters in the process, what fun!

Heck, better yet, maybe it’s some plot of a FL political figure or something. Some mid-term election ploy.

Wait, frank Taaffe asks for money on a website?
      Then it’s pretty obvious what he’s doing now.

3. lurker says:

Looks like two possibilities re: Frank Taaffe. One is that the media has wandered off and he is attempting to get back in the spotlight. The other is that recent events led him to finally get some help with his drinking and he is having remorses.

Certainly a part of the recovery process includes dumping all kinds of guilts, accepting responsibility for acts committed out of the addiction and a lot of self examination. Another piece is always getting emotionally naked with others who share the same issues–which typically crosses a lot of racial and socio-economic lines.

So–an honest rethinking of attitudes is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. I’m willing to wait and see.

To me, without a genuine “I did bad and I was wrong to do it,” mea culpa FIRST, there’s not a word that man could say that I would find important. HE HAS TO COMPLETELY OWN UP without the bullshit rephrasing (“sorry for loss” and “with what I know of his tendencies” and “wouldn’t have kept after him” and all the other subtlespeak doublespeak) and say it out loud and unadorned: I LIED; I promoted a racist murderer; I maligned an innocent dead victim; I tried to influence law enforcement to NOT DO ITS JOB; I took part in an orchestrated cover-up; I participated in racism; I blamed the victim; I bullied people.

I’m also a wee bit worried that Marinade Dave has been coaching Taaffe in how to clean up his image. I have no evidence of this; it just occurred to me as a possible concern.

I just thought of something wild. Bwa-ha-ha!

What if Francis’s revelation is what Annette Elaine Kelly and her minions have been cooking up in their closed war-room blog sections that need a password to participate? David Piercy is one of her frequent commenters.

What if the Treestump is on it too and why they’re silent at the moment?

Bwa-ha-ha – Jeralyn calls Taaffe pathetic in the Z forums. She’s not done an article about Z for quite awhile, but she does comment in the Z forum sometimes.

• towerflower says:

Kelly and her minions have been vocal on twitter–all turning against FT faster than you can read this. The CTH has been quiet except in one open forum.

Right now they are all saying he wasn’t his friend and never was, they point to his FBI interview as proof where he says he was only an acquaintance. Yet he was never outed like Oliver was early on and not even MOM said he didn’t represent their viewpoints like he did with Jr. In fact, in the 2+ years since the shooting not one person has questioned his “friendship” with Z. The biggest tell is that Z himself has never come out and say “I hardly know this man and don’t know why he is speaking for me.”

4. Scientists discover the fossilized remains of George Zimmerman’s direct, although distant relative.

• MKX says:

I see the connection of a liar’s nose being long, however, there is a big caveat.

A big nose is often associated with a big “member” and that, in almost absolute certainty, can not apply to George Zimmerman.

To take a scene out of one of Rodney Dangerfield’s routines:

Women in audience: “Can you get it up in the morning?”

Rodney: “Hell, I am lucky if I can find it”

5. MKX says:

Based on their statement of record, Taffe, Zimmerman Sr., and Zimmerman’s brother are racists who make assumptions about random black individuals, based on the statistically rare act of other black individuals. That is the heart of racist propaganda. I mean Zimmerman’s brother posted a picture of the black male who allegedly killed a baby in a robbery to confirm the validity of the fear his George Zimmerman had. So lets look at what Taffe stated:

‘…he racially profiled Trayvon Martin that night because if that had been a white kid on a cell phone, walking through our neighborhood, he wouldn’t have stayed on him the way he did and that’s a fact and I believe that in my heart,” said Taaffe…’

So anyone who did what George did works out of racist assumptions. And that is what Taffe is saying.

Although Taffe is a creep, that statement is true about every conservative, moderate and liberal who came to the defense of
    George Zimmerman.

True justice demands that we, as individuals, make assumptions about other individuals based on their acts, not how they look.

And there is nothing out of the ordinary, to a rational mind, about a teen walking back from a 7-11, dressed in tan pants, white sneakers, and a track jumper.

It would be very easy to confirm this.

Just randomly “detain” one thousand teens who meet this profile and I bet that 99% are up to “good”, not “no good”.

And don’t fall for the 1.5% of X being up to “no good” vs. 0.9% of Y being up to “no good” as a rational reason to indict every individual in group X. That is another classic racist trick. The manipulate a ratio of two small probabilities with a headline that screams:

GROUP X is 90% MORE LIKELY TO BE UP TO NO GOOD!!!!!!!

The rational assessment is that 98.5% of X and 99.1% of Y are up to good.

And how many of the reality based posters on Daily Kos, TP or HP fail to understand what I just wrote????

And this kind of stupidity is what killed Trayvon Martin.

George Zimmerman is merely the final act in a shitstem that enables this kind of crap to go on.

Let’s be honest.

How many in that Jury held the same assumptions as Taffe, the Zimmerman clan and Dunne?

Paranoia will destroy ya….

Unless you have a loaded gun, in which case paranoia will destroy the person you shoot to death.

• MKX says:

Sadly true.

I’d like to ask Taaffe the following questions (before kicking his… assets):

1. Knowing what you know NOW, what would you say to a guy who went on national TV saying that Zimmerman was innocent and that Trayvon Martin attacked him at just a certain point on the sidewalk, causing him to have to shoot his assailant dead?

2. Have you shared your new opinion with Zimmerman himself? What did he say to you?

3. Have you shared your new opinion with Mark Osterman? What did he say to you?

4. Have you ever heard George Zimmerman use ANY derogatory word when describing Trayvon Martin? What words?

5. Have you ever heard George Zimmerman use the “N” word when referring to any African American person?

6. Have you ever heard Shellie Zimmerman express doubt about the honesty, righteousness, or non-racist quality of George Zimmerman? What did she say?

7. Did you ever hear from anyone that there were other residents (other than you) afraid of George Zimmerman or worried about his behavior BEFORE he killed Trayvon Martin?

8. Were you interviewed by the FBI? What did you tell them when you were interviewed? Have you updated them?

9. Since you now say you believe that racism actually was involved in the killing of Trayvon Martin, have you spoken about this aspect of it to Benjamin Crump or any organizations that were involved in the movement to have George Zimmerman charged with murder?

10. Have you been asked to sign an affidavit as to what caused your change in opinion (NOT your change in personal “heart” but your OPINION of the crime)? If so, by whom? If not, will you do it now at our [whoever’s] request?

I hope we’ll get to see a journalist ask Taaffe these very questions, Malisha! : /

• MKX says:

The problem I see is that there have been plenty of leads that are public record that our “fair and balanced” media never followed up on. For example:

The guy who was called Achmed the Terrorist by George Zimmerman

The delivery man who George pulled a gun on

The other black people in that community that were either harassed or falsely accused by George

IMO, they will let Taffe silently slip away because raising any stink will prove that they failed to identify George Zimmerman for what he really is – a delusional nut case with a short temper who need not have a gun because he is a true menace to society.

IOW, admit they failed, big time.

• Rachael says:

Or even the black youth who were mentored by GZ – HAHAHAHAHAHA – right.

• towerflower says:

#8. It is speculated that he was in fact interviewed by the FBI. Out of the 200+ page released evidence his is on page 127-128. Some twitter supporters of Z claim to have others that show FT’s name and GZ’s name but I question those since they have been redacted like all other statements.

• gblock says:

I have said ever since I have become pretty familiar with this case that Zimmerman is a poster child for limiting who is allowed to have concealed carry permits. The trouble is that, in the state of Florida, there were no legal ground for denying him one.

6. MKX says:

My theory.

George Zimmerman, IMO, is a massive, patronizing, suck ass who looks for targets that he can use to his advantage. Frank Taffe is/was a lonely middle age failed father who was an ideal target for George to play a “I look up to you as a father figure” con. Since those days when Frank was, in his mind, standing up for his boy {George}, I assume that the real George dropped Frank like a hot potato, and has little or no contact with him.

So Frank is alone.

And maybe he has figured out that he got used.

So this recent mea culpa might be an attempt at striking back.

Or maybe Frank has come to grips with why he failed as a father.

My belief is that, as his son SAID before he died in an auto crash, he failed as a father by being an abuser.

On the “change of heart” issue, what I want to know is simply this: since he claimed it was the evidence that made him think Trayvon Martin was a dangerous thug and Fogen was an innocent victim, what effect would a heart change have on the conclusions to be drawn from the reportable events of that evening? A good person OR a bad person would presumably come up with the same conclusion UNLESS only a bad person would BELIEVE the story told by Fogen and thus, a change of heart on the part of the person who HEARD what Fogen was saying would matter. As in:

“Fogen told me this kid was a dangerous marauder and I am a good person who believes credible non-racist individuals whose only goals are to help their neighborhoods so I believed him”

or

“Fogen told me to say this kid attacked him and I’m a bad person who, although I know full well that the story is a damned racist lie, will go along with it and pretend to believe it because I think it’s fine for a fellow-racist to kill an innocent Black kid.”

So then, when there’s a change of heart, you get this:

Either:

“Fogen told me that this kid was a dangerous marauder and I have had a change of heart so now I fail to believe a credible non-racist individual but believe, instead, that he is a non-credible RACIST individual so I do NOT believe him…” [which leads quickly to — “WTF?” —

or

“Fogen told me to say that this kid attacked him and I was a bad person before but I’m a good person now so I’m gonna go ahead and admit to the world that he shouldn’t have killed that kid but I’m only going to do it if everybody worships me and fawns over me for doing this big public ‘sua culpa’ and blaming it on the bad racist killer and not on me, because I have been so badly hurt in life that now it’s time for me to claim that God has taught me something and I can be blessed and prayed over.”

For me, this merits NOT.

7. Change of heart? Yeah right fine time to say something 2 years after the kid was sent screaming to his death. He’s just pissed off at murder man. I still suspect he was in on it.

8. FWIW:

Crickets, at TCTH, on this story.

I’ve put on my waders and goggles and gone to look a few times too. I figured they’d have something to say. Maybe something hit home there.

Some treepers are commenting in the open thread, still zip from admin. http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/05/11/sunday-open-thread-may-11th/

• Hmmm. Wow. So between there and twitter, I have seen him called names, and the media called names. When in doubt, definitely, call people names….

Taaffe has posted from his personal FB account to some Zimmerman-Martin forums on FB as well as on his own account there.

You can bet there’s lots and lots of namecalling going on there, both from TM supporters, 99% of whom don’t trust him because of all the vitriol he’s spewed (I don’t trust him but do believe in spiritual growth and giving people some respect, at least temporarily, if they profess to be making changes) as well as from hard-headed Fogen supporters who are furious that he’s deserted the ranks. Names are flying like hordes of flies over rotten meat.

I’m wondering why if he’s so sorry about supporting GZ that he doesn’t pull down his obnoxious website, etc. He’s now asking for donations for himself from his site rather than GZ (I’m not certain when he made that change because I rarely read there).

Perhaps those who feel he’s just another sociopath on another search for fame and fortune or that he’s simply getting back at Fogen are right. Though he does seem very different in the video above.

Guess time will tell. He says he’s notified DOJ and that the FBI is interested in the jury tampering aspect of the case.

• masonblue says:

Wow, I haven’t seen that- will check it out.

Check out the “recent posts by others” strand on his FB page. He’s not posting new links to the regular wall, but he likes various remarks in the responses and his remarks and likes are turning up in GZ &TM pages on Facebook.

9. Diamonique says:

Amazing. Is he also recanting his strong defense of the guy who shot into the car full of black teenagers and killing one of them?

And is he confessing that he figured GZ was a murderer all along but defended him anyway?

10. A recent obituary appears to be that of Frank Taafe’s brother: MALCOLM GENE TAAFE, 56, of Tampa, Florida, passed peacefully Saturday, April 5, 2014, after a courageous battle with lung cancer. … siblings Francis Taaffe …

As for Taafe’s “change of heart,” I’m not buying it. He, like every other person with a brain, always knew who and what George Zimmerman is: a murderer. I still want the names of the six women who pretended to be jurors.

11. In the interview Taffee says ““What I know of George and his tendencies and also my opinion is that he racially profiled Trayvon..”

Mr. Taaffe should be informing Mr. Holder what it is exactly he knows about George.

Francis Taaffe would not be the first American racist to reconnect with our greater humanity. Look at former Governor of Alabama, George Wallace, a notorious racist who recanted late in his life.

I think we owe people who have the courage to come forward publicly our respect and support. Time will tell, of course, if he’s deeply sincere and committed, but he still deserves some respect. It can’t be easy to come forward and risk the wrath of Fogen supporters. His revelation must be rattling the Fogen family cage to the max.

I’ve often said Fogen should run, not walk, to his nearest Tibetan Buddhist center and start meditation practice under the guidance of a high lama. He hides behind Bible verse, but he doesn’t practice these.

• Rachael says:

But he didn’t recant his racism. He didn’t apologize for being racist or even ack owl edge that he had been. He stated GZ was and GZ WOULD never have followed Trayvon had he been white. He didn’t say he was trying g to get right with “God because of his own racism. He is doing so for having supported GZ knowing GZ was guilty of murder 2. He said he knows what it is like to lose a child. That I believe. And I do believe people *can* change but I don’t know that he has. If “God” wants to forgive him, fine. But I don’t have to and I haven’t seen enough that I will.

• Rachael says:

Did George Wallace really change? I guess that is between him and “God” but I have my own opinion

• riisey007 says:

I live in Alabama and governor George Wallace was a vicious man, may he rot in eternal fire for all of his hate and everything that happened to my people under his direct orders. He was in a position to change things but instead he caused a lot of misery for us.

• gblock says:

Maybe Taaffe has changed, but there is reason to be skeptical. So far, he hasn’t given me enough reason to convince me.

13. riisey007 says:

I will believe Taaffe when he confesses his role in the crime against young Trayvon Martin. When that happens there has been a spiritual change for this person has no concern for his own life or what will happen to him. When Jesus roamed the earth he knew peoples sins but that did not stop him from allowing them to confess their sins. No one who has been made clean by the father is able to keep such a sin within himself. It is not that easy.

14. Oops, I put that comment in the wrong place. Here it is:

Hi @annamongoy

Please come back to the site and change your screen name. You had a screen name that was an email address, actually. We deleted the comment to protect your privacy. It was a nice comment, and I will put it here:

Everyone gets to a point where they have to get right with GOD. I believe him.. God says he accepts all those who call on him.

15. annahkonda says:

^right thing

16. annahkonda says:

Has Taaffe been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and is his death imminent? This sounds like a death bed confession, so to speak. It was so easy for him to do the right. He could have saved many people a lot of heartache. He should be begging the forgiveness of Sybrina and Tracy.

• Hi @annamongoy

Everyone gets to a point where they have to get right with GOD. I believe him.. God says he accepts all thos who call on him..

Notice his “apology” to Trayvon Martin’s parents resembled Fogen’s in that he was sorry they LOST THEIR CHILD but not personally sorry he had hurt them in the heat of their sorrow or supported their child’s killer at the moment of their grief OR blamed their child for victimizing his murderer! “Right here” he stated on national TV, “is where George became the victim.” Of whom? HE ACCUSED TRAYVON MARTIN of victimizing an innocent man and he never apologized for that. There is not enough shame to heap on him and I dont’ cARE what is “in his heart.” I want to hear the real mea culpa come out of his mouth before I grant a single grain of credibility to anything the dreg of humanity says.

• Rachael says:

One of his sons had died before this, the other during – but NOW he feels bad for Trayvon’s parents’ loss? Hmmmm.

• ladystclaire says:

annahkonda, come to think of it, he looks like he’s lost weight and, IMO he doesn’t look well at all. Maybe his excessive drinking, has finally caught up with him and his liver. He don’t look the same and, that’s for sure.

17. Call me a curmudgeon but I don’t think people change, I think circumstances change. F that guy.

I’m with you, Ham, but I will resist your advice with respect to what to do with that guy. I’m saving it for … oh well, let’s say… someone who isn’t “that guy.” 😆

18. racerrodig says:

Soooooooooooooooo, how does this affect his short term vision ???

Or did short term vision cause this turn around.

19. Joe Barry says:

Definition of Frank Goofy: he is 2014’s version of Joran Vander Sloot. Take him out of the media – he back-stabs his best friend to get back in.

You want to believe – Frank – is born-again? Well then you believe Joran Vander Sloot as well, since they are both cut from the same mold.

• I was thinking along the lines of that maybe he quit drinking- and was working with a sponsor. But, just a theory.

I think that’s very possible. It is sad he didn’t speak to his own racism, but rather came down on Fogen. However, that may have been the media’s doing. If you watch the video again, you can see at least one spot where it’s cut. There’s likely more to the interview. Of course the big revelation to any reporter would be the dissing Fogen part of it, not the “I repent of my own racism” part.

20. MichelleO says:

FUNNY, I was just thinking of Taaffe today, and wondering if any of the deaths of his children made him think more clearly about his willingness to gleefully cheer for a racist, child murderer.

21. kenteoth says:

We are a direct product of how we treat each other

PS – And a tip of the hat to Xena, who featured the print version of the story on her blog this a.m.

I believe in spiritual change. Time will tell!

• J4TMinATL says:

Do we know the circumstances around his brother’s death?

• masonblue says:

Well, I agree, Two sides- CS here. A while back, Mr. Taaffe swung by the website here and told Fred that his breath smells like shit 24/7. LOL! But you know, I think he said some awful things while he may have been drinking…this video here, he does appear to be on a different path.

Have to say, I didn’t expect this.

• Rachael says:

I don’t believe it is any spiritual change TSTAS – He (Taaffe) is an attention whore, just like GZ. He wasn’t getting enough attention now that NG outed him for the racist he is. I think something also happened between him and GZ. Whatever, this isn’t, IMO, about coming clean and/or getting right with God – it is just a way for him to use his attention whoring ways to get back into media – and maybe even (in his mind) be the good guy hero.

I guess though it is only “God” who knows what is in his heart, but I don’t believe in “God,” and it is my belief that this is just Taffee looking for air time.

• masonblue says:

I don’t know why this, why today- but, I did wonder if something happened between them. Wasn’t that the situation with the veteran and his wife also?

• MichelleO says:

HIS brother died. So, that means that three people that he really loved died within a few short years of one another. I also believe, like the poster above, that he may have had a falling out with the Child Murderer—who probably told him to go to hell.

• Rachael says:

He alluded to a fallout on one of his attention whoring HNC, or whatever it’s called, interviews.

Correction: Three close relatives of Taaffe died. According to a careful reading of the evidence, neither of his sons will fit into the category of “people he really loved.” I don’t know about his brother but I suspect a sibling rivalry between them that lasted right up until the moment of his brother’s demise.

This is, quite simply, bull crap. What do any of us care what that racist moron whore things about anything?

Nearly everyone (if not everyone) who supported Fogen did so either because they were on the “white side” of a “black/white crime” or because they were getting something, personally, from their support of him. When those who were getting something ran out of benefits, they did what rats do on a sinking ship. And in the final analysis, who cares? THEIR claim to fame was as a tagalong to a racist murderer? Their change of heart(s) impresses — whom?

We care because we all have the capacity to be great beings. And because people turn themselves around, often because they hit bottom or experience a divine moment in their lives.

So why was he not questioned very closely and very incisively about just WHEN he changed his mind (“heart”) and what actual experiences occurred to make that great 180-degree change come about? If you were, as Shakespeare says, “marvellously changed,” wouldn’t you remember what was happening to you? What great forces were at play?

• gblock says:

I agree that it is likely that this doesn’t represent any great spiritual change in Taaffe. More likely, it is a way to get more media attention and may be related to a falling out between him and GZ. The main reason that this arouses my interest is, will he say something about what happened that we didn’t already know? Was Zimmy hoping for something that would let him round up a “bad guy”, and had Taaffe schemed with him to help him with that? Did he see Trayvon take the shortcut near his house and notify Zimmy about it? What scheming (related to what claims would be made about the incident and about Trayvon in general) did they do afterwards? It would be nice to have some confirmation about some of these things, although I am not really expecting it.

24. J4TMinATL says:

Is this a stunt? Unbelievable. Frank the snake.

Wow.