Liveblogging Michael Dunn trial

Monday, February 10, 2014

Good morning:

We will be live blogging the Michael Dunn trial today and watching the proceedings via live stream link at First Coast News.

I recommend opening two browser pages, one for the blog and the other for the live stream. Size each one half-size so that you can view them side by side.

Court resumes at 9 am.

The trial began a week ago today with jury selection.

A jury of twelve with four alternates was selected and sworn in Wednesday.

Opening statements and the presentation of evidence began Wednesday afternoon.

We had a full day of witness testimony on Saturday.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, folks we are not getting much of a response to our request for donations and I am not exaggerating when I say we need them desperately.

This is our 885th post.

Fred

468 Responses to Liveblogging Michael Dunn trial

1. Pat deadder says:

I am not getting my hopes up for a guilty verdict after the fogen bullshit.yes the prosecution finally did their job but the jurors are another kettle of fish in Florida.

2. Trained Observer says:

Have not been a big fan of Judge Healey (or Corey) in run-up to trial, what with their efforts to keep Dunn’s correspondence and phone call tapes out of the public eye.

But even if the fix is in (yet again), I’ve liked the brisk business-like way this trial has unfolded. Somehow, I don’t see the judge letting this “expert witness” with non-existent to scant credentials much less any standing on this case to glop things up.

Am still not clear on whether prospect of this “doctor” testifying came as a surprise to Corey.

3. Rachael says:

According to this one:

“Proceeds from the new fight will go to support the Trayvon Martin Foundation, an organization founded in memory of the teen shooting victim gunned down by Zimmerman in February 2012.”

I’m pretty sure that Trayvon’s parents want NOTHING to do with the proceeds.

• racerrodig says:

I’m pretty sure you’re right……and Fogen would never donate anything unless it went from his left pocket to his right pocket…..and Peter Pan was involved.

• fauxmccoy says:

this has got to be the most pathetic attempt of a defense that i have ever seen. it does, however, suit the defendant nicely …. so would stripes.

• fauxmccoy says:

aacckkk … this was not supposed to show up here, sorry racer. these threads get wacky when too long. this comment was my summation of the defense’s case thus far and intended as a stand alone comment.

i do however agree with your comment and only got mildly side tracked on wondering which P.P. would be between the left and right pockets before i grossed myself out.

“…so would stripes.”

Over orange…..or blue and I insist on the initial “DOC” on the back and front chest pocket…….always a nice fashion statement.

4. RachaelR says:

BREAKING NEWS:

OMG – I thought this must be satire at first:

New promoter, promises to be bloodier than the other – Fight Club type. WHY!!!!

It’s my understanding that Fogen blocked the other guy on his Twitter. Sounds like Fogen really wants to do a fight and wants to prove his manhood – ??? Good luck with that, eh?

• towerflower says:

Fogen has challenged two people so far to a fight, asking them for addresses so he could show up, calling them sissies if they didn’t. He didn’t show up to either one. He is a joke and I seriously doubt he’ll show up to any fight.

You’re probably right, and Fogen never really affirmed that he would be involved in one. These promoters may be blowing hot air. And I doubt the Travyon Martin Foundation would accept any proceeds from a fight as this new guy claims.

But truth is stranger than fiction in FL.

Unless the rules are: Other person can carry skittles; Fogen can carry a loaded gun; first one shot is a loser.

• Rachael says:

If anything like this – an organized fight (not saying what might happen in a back alley with no one watching), we are all – ALL of America – are losers. There is just no reason for this – on ANY level. It victimizes Trayvon again, his parents, brings up racial tension, is barbaric – I mean he has been tried and was not convicted, and while I may not like the result – excuse me, I’m going to puke.

• Rachael says:

I’m sorry, but it makes NO sense to me. His whole defense was around the fact that he was too “weak” to defend himself against a “big black thug” but now that he has been training, he wants to fight a “big black thug?” He’s (unfortunately) lucky that he is not in prison. Why doesn’t he just go back into “hiding?” What is WRONG with him? MAKE IT STOP!!!!

What — ain’t he proved his manhood already by shooting an unarmed kid in the heart?

Ain’t he double-proved it by punching his wife’s father in the nose?

Ain’t he triple-proved it by shoving a gun in his girlfriend’s face and demanding if she “really wanted to do this”?

I thunk he done already showed his manhood just about enough.

• racerrodig says:

Manhood……kicks dog, beats up women….repeatedly….points loaded guns at women…..destroys wife’s computer….shoot’s unarmed kid…..calls cops on everyone he deems beneath him….ignores divorce complaint…..files counter complaints in self serving manner (what a pussy !!) is a chronic deadbeat…..chronically and now eternally un / under employed…copies others artwork, claims as own….has Taaffe as a friend…….compelled to carry gun at all times……afraid of all 4 members of NBPP……..hires security team to protect his pussy ass……….fails to pay same……cons college into allowing him to walk with class at graduation….despite having far too few credits…..fails to pay on of the servers at grad party….has Pollack testify he’s a softie and you wouldn’t want him on your side in an alley fight……

Did I miss anything ?????

And he now wants a match with a new promoter ?????

The solution…..lets get some of the members of Team Trayvon to interview the biggest, baddest, pissed off, well trained…yet unknown “fight enthusiasts” and bill it as “Opponent to be named in the ring”

Slip in some disinformation about say…..Urkele being the opponent…..

Lets just make sure the ring is adorned with a lot of
        “Shrimp Nets”

• racerrodig says:

“It’s my understanding that Fogen blocked the other guy on his Twitter”

Hmmmm, I’ll bet Fogen was that asshole who slammed the phone down you because he didn’t get what he wanted…..

….just sayin’

5. Maybe Strolla is planning to use Dr. Abuso to hypnotize the jury into acquitting Dunn.

6. Many thanks to Blushed Brown for providing a link to John Abuso’s website.

He has a D.Min after his name that I assume to be a Doctor of Divinity. He also claims to be an ordained minister.

Where he went to school to obtain his degree is not listed.

He lists no articles published in professional peer reviewed journals.

He claims to be:

Lic. Marriage & Family Therapist
    Clinical Member AAMFT
    Clinical Member ATSA

AAMFT is the American Association of Mariage and Family Therapists.

ATSA is the Association for the Treatment of Sex Offenders

He also claims to have received advance training in Ericksonian hypnotherapy.

I am not seeing any evidence of a scientific or medical basis to what this man does.

By almost any standard that I can imagine, this guy is not qualified to express a science or medical based opinion regarding any matter in this case. Therefore, his testimony should be excluded under Rule 702 as not helpful to the jury to decide an issue of that nature in this case.

7. lurker says:

Seems to me that without a claim of self-defense, he has no defense.

8. State and defense are going to confer for 30 minutes about the instructions in an effort to agree on a basic set that covers what must be covered with room for adjustment to delete unnecessary or irrelevant language, given the state of the evidence when both sides rest.

I interpret this to mean that this will be a tentative set that will include a self-defense instruction, assuming an evidentiary basis to support it appears tomorrow.

If not, Judge Healey will delete it from the final set.

He will return to the courtroom when they are ready. That would be 5 pm EDT.

• racerrodig says:

If I’m not mistaken, all Duuhhnn has to say is they had a shotgun, or a stick and / or almost shit my pants I was so scared to claim self defense BUT must prove that with a preponderance of the evidence.

• masonblue says:

Nope, the State has to disprove self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt.

• racerrodig says:

This law as amended slightly. Back in 2012 under the SYG and Self Defense 776 statute it said to claim this you had to have a preponderance of the evidence as to the other party having been a threat.

I had a copy of the FL CCW & Firearms Handbook that belonged to a customer / friend and quoted it hundred’s of times on HP on Trayvon’s murder.

This was a big deal with the Zidiots who claimed “If he said it…it can’t be argued, no evidence required”

9. lurker says:

Seems like this one is moving right along, compared to Zimmerman. Fewer tricks and diversions from the defense. Less whining.

10. Judge is hoping they can start final arguments tomorrow at 1 pm.

If they don’t finish the evidentiary part of the case until sometime tomorrow afternoon, he said he will probably wait to start closing arguments until Wednesday morning.

• fauxmccoy says:

awwww, ain’t that the darndest canoeing doctor who cannot spell the number ‘forty’ ever!

John Abuso is the founder and managing member of Sandtree Family Therapy. He has been married to his wife Diane for the past fourty years

i don’t think i can handle this dude as an expert of anything, except regarding whether or not dunn properly cleans up after his puppy.

• Trained Observer says:

His “interests include guitar, ocean kayak, chess, good books and great music. …”

Can we assume he’ll testify that the four kids had lousy musical taste and deserved to be blown away?

• Dave says:

Apparently “Dr.” Abuso does family and marriage counseling and has a “D.Min.” degree from an unnamed institution. Very impressive.

• Lynn says:

“He currently provides extensive supervision and training through his popular seminars on Stress Management, Childhood Resiliency and Criminal Personality.”

Criminal personality?….Marriage and Family Counseling?
      Sounds like an expert to me. *snark* Maybe he can throw in some canoe and guitar lessons while he’s at it.

ALL the lesser includeds should be there, incuding reckless endangerment, unsafe operation of a vehicle, everydamnthing.

And littering.

12. While they were discussing the justifiable use-of-force instruction (self-defense), Corey mentioned there must be evidence to support it, or it should not be given.

Judge Healey said he was aware of that and his decision will depend on what happens tomorrow.

Reading between the lines, it looks like he probably would not give the instruction, unless Dunn testifies.

I believe that is the right decision.

• racerrodig says:

Do you think his telling the jury he saw a stick or a shotgun with nothing found or seen by anyone, and in light of the fact he spent the night at the Sheraton and a 2 1/2 hour drive with the love of his life, never mentioning it the her, gets a self defense instruction?

What criteria is there and case law to support it. It’s FL and I’d be concerned just saying “I near shit my pants” gets him off.

13. fauxmccoy says:

mr mantei to argue case law for jury instructions, please.

14. Strolla wants to call an acute-stress-reaction expert.

Corey has not completed her deposition of this guy and wants to interview him before she decides whether to ask for a Daubert hearing.

I think she should insist on a Daubert hearing because I think this is junk science.

Looks like Dunn is going to testify and go for broke on Murder 1 with no lesser included instructions.

Dunn affirmed that is his choice.

He will still have the three attempt murder charges relating to the other three boys.

Now, they are discussing instructions.

Doesn’t not having lesser instructions make it more possible that a butt-stupid jury would let him walk?

• blushedbrown says:

@Mason
      Please give me the name of the expert if you have it, thanks.

• They did not identify him by name while the audio was on.

• blushedbrown says:

@Mason
          I found Defense list of witnesses. There is only one Dr’s name on it .
          Dr. John Abuso

• crazy1946 says:

Professor correct me if I am wrong, but did not AC state he was an expert on “juvenile” stress reactions? I think that is why she said they did not finish the interview with him…

• Yes, I believe you are correct. Plus, he knew very little about this case.

• Trained Observer says:

Oh, so they’ll present him as a “thug” expert to paint these kids black and blue an explain why a nice man like Dunn, with a puppy and all, should not be questioned on his decision to blast them to bits.

• crazy1946 says:

Thank you Professor, that is why I have a hard time thinking that this expert could explain why what is allegedly an adult (Done Dunn) could have reacted the way he did (flight in fear) after the murder…. Like I pointed out earlier, it is obvious that Done Dunn knew a police officer was across the street from the station (his GF’s testified to that) and there fore did not use the exit the officer would have seen him if he had used it. Instead he drove (fast per GF) thru the parking lot adjacent to the station to avoid capture (or tag number captured)… He knew what he had done and was fleeing hoping that he would make a clean get a way, hence the motel and the pizza along with another “rum and coke”… Note, he did not drive home that night because he knew someone probably got the color and make of the car and they would be looking that night, but felt safe heading home the next morning in the morning heavy traffic where many cars of a similar color would be seen. He did not realize he was caught until the phone call, I don’t think for even one second he was discussing turning himself in with his neighbor….

• Boyd says:

a what? acute-stress-reaction expert. and for whom Dunn or the kids in the car.

Poor poor stressed–out Fogen and Dunn. : /

Let’s call him FogenD, shall we?

Fodungen

Fodungen fo’ sho.

• racerrodig says:

Remember Duhhnnn said in part 2 of his police interview……”…I told you I was sacred to death…….and now you’re treating it like a murder”

I was thinking at that time, which is about a year ago…….you really are one smart mo – fo ……..what about that stick again ??

Yep, that Post Murder Stress (PMS) is a killer to shoulder. For the life of me, I just don’t know how all the murderers live with themselves.

• lurker says:

I would think that they want someone to support leaving the scene and ordering pizza is a normal reaction to having shot up a car full of teenagers.

Well see here, it might just BE a normal reaction for a guy who’s peaceful and nice and likes to fly airplanes. I’m sure there are experts who are prepared to say so. Just like it is normal for a guy to train in a gym for three years, three hours a day three times a week, so that he becomes weak enough to shrimp in mud after NOT FOLLOWING a thug.

• fauxmccoy says:

well, that’s gotta be better than an ugly stress reaction expert, right? or an obtuse one, ya know?

• racerrodig says:

And a Christian Minister to boot……am I the only one who see’s the major hypocrisy on this one ???

Strolla “…Okay Mr. Abuso…you’re also an ordained Christian Minister, correct”

Abuso “That would be correct”

Strolla “And you specialize in family therapy as well..correct”

Abuso “Yes”

Strolla “And one part of you family therapy centers on Post Murder Stress…or PMS, is that also correct”

Abuso “Yes”

State “Objection as to terminology”

Judge “sustained”

Strolla “Let me rephrase…..it’s actually juvenile stress reactions,
          correct”

Abuso “Yes”

Strolla “So…..My client, would, or should I say, did react normal”

State “object”

Judge “sustained”

Strolla “…but he did react as some normal people would”

Abuso “ehhhhhh, norma…”

Strolla “No more for this witness”

Judge “Cross Ms. Corey”

State “You bet your sweet a….uhhh yes Your Honor”

State “…….sir……are you versed in the Bible as a Christian Minister?”

Abuso “Yes, quite I may add”

State “…..well then, could you tell the jury what the 6th Christian Commandment is….”

Strolla “I object !!”

Judge “….well…..it’s a common question…overruled…please
          answer, after all….you are a Minister”

Abuso “….well “Do not put anyone to death without cause.”

State “More accurately, it’s “Thou shalt not kill” am I correct”

Abuso (jaw drops……scrotum aches) “Objection”

Judge “Overruled…….grounds ?? what, is the answer wrong?”

Abuso “ummm, normally…..that is…..see the stress……well”

State “Finished with this witness Your Honor, but the state
          reserves the right to recall this witness for an in depth
          discussion on the 9th Commandment if needed”

Judge “Granted”

15. I think Dunn may testify, because at this point, it seems a Hail Mary pass.

• crazy1946 says:

You might be correct, Strolla did say they might have one more witness after the alleged expert on “juvenile stress reactions”.

16. crazy1946 says:

Well, what a surprise, it looks like Don Dunn will not take the stand..

17. Trained Observer says:

Doesn’t look like Corey wants to do a Frye on this guy. Apparently he’s an “exxpert” on post traumatic stress after exposure to thugs, or some such crap.

Corey doesn’t want him on the stand at all and will fight his appearance. Judge has ordered that he be deposed later today and they’ll hash it all out tomorrow at 8 a.m, with trial starting at 9 a.m. .

I guess Corey was talking about that expert. She said the prosecution didn’t consider him to be a viable witness, but she used different term.s

19. fauxmccoy says:

oooh, jury instructions. this is actually becoming one of my very favorite portions of trial proceedings. total dork action, i know it.

20. groans says:

Isn’t there a relevance issue as far as the supposed expert?

And is the expert’s work product protected (as opposed to counsel’s work product)?

21. Tee says:

Professor how will the defense get pass putting Dunn on the stand if they dont call anyone who was there that can back up what Dunns version is? Is there anyone left on the witness list for the defense because their witnesses didnt help if you ask me.

• Girlp says:

Thats a big problem for Dunn no one backs his version of what happened no one saw the teens throw anything away, no one saw a gun or a stick because there was none the kids did not throw anything away….so where is the defense?

Professor, what witness is Corey and the judge talking about?

23. Recess until tomorrow morning at 9 am

24. Trained Observer says:

How many ex-wives does Dunn have? Apparently more than one. The weeper should count herself lucky she never made it that far.

25. racerrodig says:

Why does Moes sound like Osterman????

26. racerrodig says:

“…he was the calming influence in the group….” (about Duuhhnnn)

27. Corey brings out that no one knew the position of the child locks might be relevant before the vehicle was towed to the JSO garage, so one made a note of it and no one was instructed not to change it.

28. fauxmccoy says:

Does anyone else smell over cooked goose?

29. Travis Molinaro.

JSO homicide detective (Detective Musser’s partner)

He and Musser met with Karen Smith one day and Whit Whittlesey another day.

He tried, but could not extricate the tripod from under the back seat.

30. Tee says:

Why is this lady swiveling in that chair like she is thee years old?

• crazy1946 says:

I’m surprised not one noticed Done Dunn’s son did the same thing… That is one of the signs you are taught to look for when asking questions that require truthful answers, a red flag for less than truthful responses….

• racerrodig says:

Who knows ?? Maybe Fogen will make a play for her……

31. crazy1946 says:

In reference to the wedding photo’s please note where Done Dunn is positioned in the photo’s! Normally the biological mother and father would have been in the fore ground with the bride and groom and the father would not be hidden in the background like a potted plant.. That indicates to me that he was not quite as welcome as they would like us to accept…

• Boyd says:

He was a complete stranger. The son said he met him 3 times. Good Grief. No one who really knew this guy testified. Good lord people you fly with? ha ha ha

• crazy1946 says:

Perhaps they were scared to call anyone who actually knew Done Dunn…

• Rachael says:

LOL – good point!

• fauxmccoy says:

OMFG, now there’s a thought

• racerrodig says:

I can see that in court…

Strolla “…..so, how do you know the defendant…”

witness “Who”

Strolla “The defendant….Mr. Duhhnnn”

witness “Oh…..that guy……I don’t”

Strolla “You agreed to testify on his behalf….didn’t you?”

witness “I did?”

Strolla “Yes…you signed that form that said you knew him”

witness “Really ?? it said “Have you ever worked in the same
            company as Mr. Duuhhnn”

Strolla “But you signed it…correct?”

witness “Yes I did, but he was about 7 years old when I worked there”

And that’s about as relevant as most of his actual witnesses were.

Damn !!!! They forgot the Veterinarian !!!! All this puppy coddling and they forgot the most important witness…….to tell the world how well taken care of Charlie was !!!!

• fauxmccoy says:

it’s amazing. this whole court scene truly plays out just as bad as my mind pictured it, based on the evidence. in almost any other state or situation, i’d think the prosecution would be sitting pretty.

not now, though. i’ve hopped down this bunny trail before where the utter insanity of the trial seemed surreal yet no one was convicted. i hope to hell this one goes right but i’ll believe it when i see it.

• racerrodig says:

Soooo, if I commit a heinous act, I can call my fellow drag racers, all my ex- football team mates…….HEY !! I can call all you guys and gals here !! You’ll all vouch for me….I just know it !!

Maybe the trash collector…..the water meter reader, the parking lot attendant, the server at Lonestar, the cashier at ShopRite…

32. lurker says:

By now it is well-established. Nobody saw him drunk. Nobody saw him angry. He loves his puppy and he didn’t call anyone for help with the puppy! What a case!

• Trained Observer says:

Damn straight, lurker. Defense has done a divine job of establishing Dunn ain’t no drunk … he’s just a crazy racist. .

• Trained Observer says:

That may be because they are so darn sure he’s going to get off and they don’t want the NTSB or FAA questioning his pilot’s license.

Not even crazy.
        Stone cold sane racist murderer.

• lurker says:

Really kinda makes my blood boil that there are people who seem to think it reasonable to leave a scene following a shoot-up to get a good night’s rest, take care of the puppy and wend their way home without making so much as a phone call to authorities, or even a lawyer or friend seeking advice.

• racerrodig says:

Oh…..and he’s a good guy because he didn’t reload and didn’t flee in an airplane……yep…..a real Prince !!

33. Lexi Molinaro

She’s her mom’s (who just testified) daughter. He’s not her biological father.

More of the same.

34. racerrodig says:

Whats with the I”m a curt little 18 year old and swinging the chair back and forth like a high school kid act.

I think you gotta give teens a break. They should know how to act but get nervous and act goofy at times.

• racerrodig says:

But this is not the time…..did Strolla think her act constitutes “trial prep” and will illicit a good reaction….I’m thinking not.

• lurker says:

I agree–however, there is a suggestion that some of the witnesses are not fully aware of the gravity of what transpired when Michael Dunn started firing at an SUV full of teenagers. And for the record, how much leeway was granted to Rachel Jeantel by various and sundry?

That was my point – Rachel was raked over the coals. These teens need a break. Their brains are not fully baked yet.

35. lurker says:

He shore does love that puppy!

36. She is wearing a short, mid-thigh tight skirt to court, in a murder trial.

37. Strolla effectively eliminated all but blatant racism for this crime.

38. crazy1946 says:

Is Strolla going to call the puppy as a character witness? Would probably do better than the rest have done, especially because it would seem the puppy has been involved in his life longer than the rest….

39. Trained Observer says:

Wonder how the Reeves and other pals of Dunn are reacting to notion that Chris Dunn, 24, only saw his father three times in 15 years.

• crazy1946 says:

That causes me to wonder if Done Dunn paid child support for his children? Some how I suspect he did not, but I’ve been wrong before…

• fauxmccoy says:

did dunn’s parents make any effort to see their grandson in all that time? that is something that always intrigued me. when my folks split up, i was 17 with 2 younger brothers. it was as if my dad’s parents had divorced themselves of us as well. i know i’m not the only one who has experienced this. i will say that my dad’s brothers did a much better job of continuing family relations though.

Oh well Dunn’s a nice guy who isn’t a drunk and he’s peaceful and he shot up a car while it was driving away to escape his gunfire and he was so nice and peaceful that after that, he went and ordered pizza with his nice girlfriend who is also happy and peaceful (oh and the puppy), so there.

Guilty. LWOP

• I knew a woman who participated in a murder of a pregnant woman, and then, she abused the corpse. She was a really nice person.

The nice person defense? John Wayne Gacy was a clown. He worked parties.

Ted Bundy was well-liked by co-workers.

• racerrodig says:

And met Rosilyn Carter ……has an autographed picture to prove it…..and they executed that nice friendly clown…..he was so nice, he allowed all those families to use his crawl space as a cemetery……you just CAN”T get any nicer than that…….and Dahmer…..he was so quite…..and held a job……

41. lurker says:

Is Lexi Molinaro the daughter? If so, why does she have the mom’s last name?

42. colin black says:

The Sheraton Hotel they were registered at Is Pet friendly.
    In order to qualify as a pet friendly Hotel.

They must allow dogs to accompany there owners live alongside in there suites/rooms.
    Also offer grooming service an walking /doggy sitting sevices to there Guests.

Otherwise they could neither advertice nor obtain a certificate as a bona fide Pet Friendly hotel.

An with that I rest my case .

43. Mid-afternoon recess. for 15 minutes

44. X-by Wolfson

He never called me ever and sure I would have helped with the puppy.

45. Tee says:

If they divoced amicably why hadn’t they kept in touch for do many years even with them having a son together. Smh!

46. Boyd says:

So far no character witness that really knows him.

did he call you to take care of his little puppy. I was rolling!

Actually, that everyone is painting him as happy and not drunk at the wedding makes Dunn look all the more a loose cannon during the shooting incident.

48. Strolla is doing an excellent job of excluding every possible explanation for Dunn’s behavior except racial hatred.

That’s for sure – LOL!

• Trained Observer says:

Yes …. wouldn’t it be better for his client to leave the possibility of public drunkenness as an excuse for murdering an unarmed teenager in a car?

• Yes, the technical name for the defense is diminished capacity. For example, because of (fill in the blank), I was incapable of premeditating and do not recall what I did.

Does not work very well if the diminished capacity was caused by voluntary ingestion of alcohol and/or drugs, especially if the actor knew or had reason to believe that doing so would make him “crazy.”

• Girlp says:

The more I hear how happy he was I agree Trained the worse it gets. His son and his son’s sister don’t seem to really know him.

• lurker says:

Agreed. On the other hand, they stopped at a gas station to get a bottle of wine. Hardly sound like tee-totallers, or even moderate drinkers.

49. Molinaro

She married Michael Dunn when they were 19. Amicably divorced in 1991.

He was fine that night. Everybody was happy.

50. colin black says:

Mine an Minen got Married in our front room.

• colin black says:

I slapped the hand cuffs on minen Better Half some one should have done the same to dunn.

At the very least hide his keys

Or even better give him keys an then call LE on him for D U I…

51. Chris Dunn

Dunn’s son whose wedding he attended.

Everybody was happy and he was sober.

X by Wolfson

Has had contact with his father only 3 times in the past 15 years and does not know him very well.

If he or Rhonda Rauer had called him and requested assistance by babysitting their dog, he would have responded.

Did not get a call.

52. Trained Observer says:

Dunn’s ex-wife Phyllis. Guess Dunn has a habit of hooking up with giggling fools.

53. Phylis Molanario, Michael Dunn’s ex-wife from a highschool romance.

54. Boyd says:

I think AC would have nailed Zimmerman.

55. Tee says:

Jordans’ dad did so well. The defense made a bad call by putting him on the stand, to me he just made them boys real, human. He also put a spotlight on a grieving father and how much pain everyone of them was in. Not smart at all!

• Trained Observer says:

Agree totally, Tee. Mr. Davis’ dignity amid his grief was palpable.

Compare that to the string of other defense witnesses who acted like they were testifying to help dispute a speeding ticket.

Stupid move on part of defense attorney.

56. Trained Observer says:

Wow … Chris Dunn had seen his dad only three times in the last 15 years? Lucky guy, I’d say.

57. Boyd says:

seen the son only 3 times, yikes.

58. Boyd says:

so….do we get to find out why they devorced.

59. Ronald Davis.

Jordan’s father. He’s hostile, but polite.

Strolla asks him about the time when the 3 boys came over to his house after the shooting.

He asks when it was.

Mr. Davis says within a few days of the shooting.

Strolla attempts to refresh his recollection with his deposition, by Mr. Davis, “I don’t need it. I was very upset about my son’s death.”

Strolla says, You and the boys talked about the shooting didn’t you?”

“No, they told me how sorry they were about Jordan’s death. We did not talk about the shooting.”

Strolla starts to read his answer.

Wolfson interrupts with an objection based on improper impeachment.

Judge Healey interrupts and says I need a copy of his deposition and Strolla does not have one.

Strolla gets him one.

Healey takes a brief break.

Strolla reads his ambiguous answer- ambiguous because of his use of the word “it”.

Strolla thought it was a reference to a discussion about the facts.

Davis corrected him and said “it” referred to them expressing their condolences.

Wolfson has him describe the boys emotional state.

Crying.

60. lurker says:

WTF is “classic wedding music”?

• Trained Observer says:

Would that be YMCA interspersed with a little Beethoven?

And did he say $100 worth of liquor, and they returned half of it?
      Give me a break.

• lurker says:

Yes he did–for 30 people. Still doesn’t indicate how much was consumed by the dad he barely knew.

• Trained Observer says:

Maybe he defines liquor as the hard stuff … not the wine, beer or champagne for the toast. For 30 people, the bubbly alone would cost $100 unless they were going with asti spumante or some other swill.

61. lurker says:

I thought I had read that Dunn’s son would not be at trial. Someone suggested that the two were not besties.

62. Chris Dunn now, the son who got married, I think.

63. Trained Observer says:

Interesting contrast: Mr. David recreating the horrific, tear-filled devastation at his house …. while Friday we heard all about how Dunn and his goil ordered pizza and planned to get back to their own county with their dog in order to line up their strategy. Hope jurors are getting that.

64. Trained Observer says:

How tall is Dunn? How short is Strolla?

65. lurker says:

I believe that what defense is going for is to suggest collusion on the part of the kids in the car. Want Davis to say that they all met at his house and got their stories together. Davis said no, and now Strolla is trying to impeach the witness testimon based on his deposition. Big backfire potential here. Looks like he’s beating up on a grieving father.

Yes – I said it in a nutshell – you said it the proper way! I’m glad Strolla is doing this because the jury will likely hate it.

• crazy1946 says:

That makes sense, meet three days later to give the story they told the day of the murder… right?

66. Lynn says:

Ugh. I have to leave for a doctor appt. Keep me informed folks.

The three teens visited Jordan’s dad. Strolla wants him to tell what the boys told him? Hearsay? Otherwise, what’s the point?

68. Trained Observer says:

Despite whatever the three kids said to Jordan’s Dad — condolences or details of the murder — wouldn’t that be hearsay?
    Hope Corey can shut this down pronto.

• ay2z says:

I think this backfired on Thunderpoopy big time! Drove home how upset those boys were and what they were not doing in some get stories straight conspiracy.

Way to go, ThunderP!

69. Girlp says:

Sounds back

70. Girlp says:

Sound went off on me

71. Trained Observer says:

Dunn can take all the notes he wants. Ain’t gonna help.

72. Trained Observer says:

Mr. Davis — Jordan’s father. So very dignified. Rather stupid, I’d say, for defense to ask him how he is.

73. Lynn says:

His Father? Really?

74. What in the actual fuck is he doing, calling Jordan Davis’s father?

75. Girlp says:

So Strolla has proven there are dumpsters at the Gate Convience Store. However heso far has a witness that saw anyone put a gun or a stick or anything in a dumpster…waiting on that.

76. Cross by Wolfson

She admits she did not see the SUV stop.

77. Michelle Reeves.

Worked at a dry cleaners in the same plaza as the Gate.

Was working that night.

Heard gunfire, turned and looked around and saw a red SUV leaving the gas station.

78. crazy1946 says:

This is nice, but when does Strolla begin the defense?

• fauxmccoy says:

OMG — i am watching a replay of the defense because i missed portions of it while reading along here … am at the gate employee testifying to the accuracy of a series of photos of dumpsters and ice machines. i hope no one paid strolla very much because this is worthless. 20 pictures of this crap so far.

79. Trained Observer says:

Ms. Reeves thinks of herself as kinda cute, doesn’t she? Maybe this entire proceeding is just for funsies?

80. Cross by Wolfson.

She’s showing State’s exhibit 168, inside-the-Gate audio/video showing what happened at the cash register after the shot.

81. MDH says:

Heinrich Himmler was thought of as a real nice guy amongst the group that went to Berchtesgaden for tea and strudel.

82. colin black says:

If I understand right it was LE whom removed the victim from the backseat an allowed para medics to perform C P R.

sO HIS TIMEING MAY BE OFF?

83. colin black says:

Point of this wittnes ?

The Police didn’t arrive instantly and Maria Grimes made a comment I R C .

She alluded to the fact a guy was shooting up the forecourt?

84. Darrion Ates.

Was employed at the Gates gas station at the time of the shooting.

He’s describing the layout of the place and the location of the dumpsters.

Still no evidence of when and how often they were emptied and by whom.

85. Tee says:

The defense need to come better.

86. Trained Observer says:

“very nice guy”

Uh, maybe up in the air or when partying with his pals, but not at the Gate …

87. Frank Thompson.

Another member of the flying group who thinks he is a nice guy.

88. colin black says:

This Is his defence geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez..

89. colin black says:

Got high with him at weekends.

90. Frank Thompson now. Previous objection sustained, to Corey’s questions about rap music and young black teenagers.

91. colin black says:

Have the State rested?

92. I don’t believe this type of character evidence helps defendants. I never met a juror who was impressed by it.

Usually it backfires by opening the door to admitting evidence of instances where the defendant did not act in a manner consistent with the character trait.

93. Lynn says:

And yet again he is spanked for using first names. Is this his first time in court?

94. Lynn says:

Among his white, non-rap listening, flying community he is peaceful. Ok. We get it. I love AC;s questions. Was there rap music at these parties? Were there young black men there? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• blushedbrown says:

@Lynn
      her face is priceless! What do you mean rap music? hahahaha she looks like WTF!!! Corey just bitch slapped her. BOOM! Apparently he has no friends except through his father…..

95. Trained Observer says:

Good afternoon: Deeply regret missing the scrotum episode.

As for the Berrys, why would jurors care about the aviation/social aspect of who Michael Dunn schmoozed with when not at work?

96. Oh. My. God. Angela Corey just grew a pair. It’s about damn time.

97. Boyd says:

Florida is a weird place. never heard of a flying community

• Lynn says:

He probably has a “FLIGHT LIFE” sticker on his car.
      Anyone from Florida will get it. I hate all those stickers!

• towerflower says:

Yes, there are several, where it is a private airport and homes have hangers and taxiways behind them leading to the runway/s. John Travolta live in one such one in the Ocala area.

• towerflower says:

There are also groups who will fly together for brunches on weekends. Everyone takes off together and fly to another area, have lunch/brunch and fly back home.

• Lynn says:

Looked on google maps for their condo…it is on the beach. Small grass and a walkout bridge to a beach. Swanky.

• Boyd says:

expensive hobby, Aircraft mechanics are not cheap

• towerflower says:

Most people I know who own their own airplane also work on their own aircraft but you still have to pay others for inspections. But it is expensive with avgas going for over $5 a gallon. And this guy wanted to be declared indigent.

• towerflower says:

Lynn,…..I know that Dunn lives on the beach, I was explaining to Boyd about flying communities. In Florida a flying community would be where the homes are situated on an airport and then you have flying “clubs” and that was my second explanation.

Arizona has some flying communities too, where homes are clustered around an air park.

98. That was lame. Next.

The daughter now?

99. Boyd says:

ask him if he taught Dunn to fly over the space shuttle. I had to say that

100. Cross by Corey.

He wasn’t invited to the wedding and he knows nothing about the shooting at the Gate.

101. Dunn is the nicest guy, with domestic charges in the whole neighborhood. Right.

102. Knows Dunn to be a peaceful person.

• crazy1946 says:

Professor will this introduction of character by the defense allow the prosecution to introduce the prior allegations of misconduct by Done Dunn into the record?

A peaceful person. So naturally he would NEVER do anything violent. So what he did had to be, by definition, nonviolent. Therefore, what had to have happened, by logical deduction, was that the thugs were violent towards HIM. See? He just nonviolently and peacefully shot at their car until he killed one of them. That’s all. It’s easy, once you figure it all out. Homie.

• racerrodig says:

He’s not violent, well except on Black Fridays….then he’s a son of a bitch…..what with all those crowds and all…..

103. Berry taught him how to fly.

104. Boyd says:

The flight instructor?

105. Mr. Randy Berry on the stand. The neighbor?

106. We’re back in session.

Defense calls Randy Berry.

107. crazy1946 says:

Dunn’s problem is difficult, does he allow his attorney to rest the case with out testifying and allow people to think he is a cold blooded killer, or does he testify and allow people to know that he is a cold blooded killer? He should have asked for a plea bargain..

108. Tee says:

They are forcing Dunn to testify by not entering any of his statements I am wondering will it work. I think he is the only one that can claim self defense for himself if the prosecution had not entered his version into evidence. Professor am I somewhere in the right ballpark?

109. YQ says:

Hope he takes the stand, but on HLN the talking heads are shocked that they didn’t probe the DUI issue a bit more. It kinda seems like they are trying to keep the ratings up, but I think that it would also have been a good idea. Maybe the prosecution has set a trap? If Dunn didn’t drink above the limit, then he knew exactly what he was doing. If Dunn did drink above the limit, his judgement would have been horrible at best and he still looses. Any thoughts?

110. I hope y’all now understand the importance of making timely objections to improper questions.

Credit Wolfson for doing that repeatedly as Strolla tried to get Dunn’s statements into evidence through Rhonda Rouer.

Her hearsay objections were repeatedly sustained.

Without those timely objections, Dunn would not have to testify to get a self-defense instruction.

His statements would have come in without being subject to cross examination, an advantage that O’Mara and West were able to exploit to full advantage in the Zimmerman trial.

Oh well they WOULDN’T have been able to exploit that to full advantage unless the groundwork had been lovingly laid for them by the “prosecution.”

• Boyd says:

I Got it.

111. I’m hoping Dunn will testify because I think the cross examination will be fun to watch.

112. During the chambers conference, Strolla will attempt to get Judge Healey to commit to giving a self-defense instruction.

If Judge Healey refuses to commit, which is what he should do, Strolla will have to decide what to advise Dunn.

All of this is important because Strolla cannot argue self-defense unless there is a self-defense instruction. In that situation, his opening statement and most of his efforts on cross would go out the window.

He would be limited to arguing that the prosecution failed to prove premeditation (M1) or depraved mind (M2).

You would think that nobody HAD to prove depraved mind when a guy unloads ten (10) (countem–ten!) bullets into a car either ’cause he didn’t like the music OR because he was a-scairt.

EITHER WAY it’s depraved.

• The ME’s testimony showed Jordan Davis leaning away from Dunn, indicating he was inside the Durango with the door closed when he saw the gun and attempted to get out of the line of fire.

That’s not self-defense.

If this had been a single-shot case, M2 might be the appropriate charge, as it was in Trayvon’s case.

Depraved mind is reckless indifference to the victim’s life.

The number of shots and their clustering together into three groups of 3, 3, and 4 shots, when considered together with the exchange of F-bombs and shooting at the fleeing vehicle supports premeditation.

113. Rachaelr says:

Did I get here just in time for a break?

114. crazy1946 says:

Did anyone else notice that Dunn and his GF actually willfully evaded the police not twice but three time? Did you catch that they knew the police officer was doing a vehicle stop across from the gas station? Did you notice that Dunn did (intentionally) not use the exit from the station that would have caused them to be seen speeding away from the scene but instead went thru the parking lot next door to evade capture? Minor point, but it goes to prove that Dunn and his lovely GF knew what had happened and did not want to be caught. Just a little reflection along with other thoughts on how the defense is caught with their proverbial scrotum exposed.

very interesting, mr 1946 πŸ˜‰

that had not occurred to me, but sure sounds darn likely in this case. i cannot prove anything, of course, but i’d bet that dunn also moved his car when he went out to take care of poor lil poopy, er, uh puppy.

• ay2z says:

here’s a thought, when you take a 7 month old young dog (not really a baby puppy at all by this age) out for a pee, that might happen quickly, but what you should do (doesn’t seem this couple has a clue about housetraining) is feed the dog it’s dinner after the much needed potty break after being left so long. After dinner, means another potty break, or what did they do, not feed the poor young dog that day at all?

115. Whether he can get a self-defense instruction depends on whether there is enough evidence in the case, which if assumed to be true together with all of its favorable inferences, while ignoring all of the evidence against it, would be enough to support a reasonable doubt as to Dunn’s guilt.

I doubt there is enough evidence to support giving a self-defense instruction.

What do y’all think?

• crazy1946 says:

Don’t forget Professor, they did attack the Done Dunn with all that loud thuggish music, causing him great pain and anguish…

• ay2z says:

Yep, Dunn had no choice, none at all, to avoid the thumping speakers, he chose to put himself up close rather than do as the other male witness did, park ‘away’.

Step one in Dunn’s confrontation mood.

• fauxmccoy says:

sure does not look that way to me, but i’m not the expert here. i have heard absolutely no testimony that would indicate that dunn was in danger of any harm except perhaps to his ear drums.

• racerrodig says:

I can’t see how it’s possible in any way. He was in his car….they were in their SUV……..he was armed…….they were not, not even a stick to throw, er shoot at him. He didn’t know about the pocket knife……did he think they would throw the basketball at him ??

He allowed the love of his life to leave the VW for more booze and some Chips…….some real fear there I must say. They never called the police and in fact looked for an alibi from a cop about SYG…..of that, there is no bout adoubt it

He then fired at the retreating Dodge, always a self defense posture……if you’re Steven Segal maybe,

Factor in that this is FL home of the free white killers and your guess is as good ad mine.

That said, I can’t really see it. He’ll have to take the stand and give an award winning performance and use some serious mind control over the jury “….there was a shotttttgunnn……there was a shotttttgunnnnn….oooooooo…see the shotttttgunnnn……”

116. The current 64,000 dollar question is: Will he get a self-defense instruction?

117. Dunn is such a horrendous human being, I don’t see how Thunderpuppy can put him on the stand. He is just an egregious person.

118. Is it just me or did Attorney Strolla sorta relish lifting his leg & putting his nuts out there & saying scrotum..

119. Strolla has a problem.

There may not be sufficient evidence to get a self-defense instruction, unless Dunn testifies.

But, if he testifies . . . Dum-De-Dum-Dunn.

120. Pat deadder says:

Medical examiner was amazing. Reminds me of Rachel Maddow.This trial proves they threw the fogen trial IMHO but why.

• Weic says:

I thought the state threw the case in order to not expose the Sandford police dept. I think if that had happened some of AC other cases maybe at risk of being overturned. She has used that police dept. before

Why did they throw the Fogen trial?

Because if Fogen was convicted, that would have been prima facie evidence that the SPD had deliberately given him a pass in spite of the fact that there was a ton of evidence of murder. That would have put the police department AND Norman Wolfinger on the hot seat, and that seat would have been heated with the federal laws against denying police protection to minorities. A giant criminal civil rights violation. The only way the police and prosecutor in Seminole County could have been exonerated was for Fogen to be acquitted after a “show trial.”

• Bending over backwards to give them the benefit of the doubt, they got absolutely got no cooperation from the Sanford Police Department witnesses, especially by Serino and the woman officer whose name has slipped my mind.

Doris something.

They said they believed him.

That be a knife in the back.

• ay2z says:

Pat, I thought so too. She held up really well to the failed grilling attempts. Good for her with only 3 trials. Sleasy ‘you resigned didn’t you?’ assumption primer.

121. Lynn says:

O’Mara is on CNN saying Prosecution should have done all this during GZ case. He is praising their work. He mentions putting GZ statements in was an error. You can tell even he knows they screwed the GZ up.

122. Wow. The state just rested their case. Sure did. Will Strolla present anything?

123. Court in recess until 1:30 pm EDT

124. fauxmccoy says:

and strolla strikes out with the doc

125. Sustained, Thunderpuppy, you got nowhere with the medical examiner.

126. acemayo says:

This lawyer is said that the police report is wrong
    Their is trying do TM drug that they was dope up

127. Lynn says:

An open door makes the trajectory go towards the door frame, not towards a body in the seat. Even as skinny as he was he could not have fit in and leaned to the left.

This guy’s an idiot.

128. She shoots down his hypothetical about JD attempting to get in the back seat from outside the Durango. She says the wounds would not align.

129. fauxmccoy says:

oh, mother of god, i knew strolla would mention his own scrotum somehow. just knew it.

i can manage to fix and eat my own breakfast while listening to an autopsy (thanks mom, for all those dinner table conversations about your RN job).

this scumbag mentioning his scrotum, however, is revolting.

130. colin black says:

Your client was garbage when he woke up an garbage when he went to sleep.

When you have nothing to discredit a wittnes whom is damageing to your client.

Then be combative .

131. The upper probe going through the back door is consistent with the fatal wound.

132. Lynn says:

Objection. Not to scale? Dummy looks pretty skinny.

Now, weight. That’s another matter, but it made no difference with O’Mara slamming his GZ dummy on the carpet with a handful of foam as the grip. As opposed to a 200+ pound man with no hair and only ears to grip on to. smh

133. The three shots show him moving away from the shooter.

134. colin black says:

I THOUGHT A tAURIS WAS CAR

Turns out its a gun also.

135. colin black says:

Me thinks this witness Is not the shy retireing type.

GOOD.

136. colin black says:

Hate to correct the witness but She is not more limber or flexable than that mannequin.

The mannequin has no opposable joints an looks like it could fit into every position in the Kama Sutra

I hope the karma dunnn gets suites him.

137. The wound track that caused death in entered him as he was leaning to the left while seated in the back seat.

138. Lynn says:

Just like his friend said, He was pulling him towards him. Leaning to the left. They saw the gun and knew it was coming. So sad.

In all his fear, Dunn didn’t fire a shot into the air as a warning, as did Marissa Alexander. Did he?

• Girlp says:

Dunn was shooting at Jordan, if it hit anyone else so be it.

• fauxmccoy says:

point taken — i will say as an experienced gun owner that no one in their right mind should ever fire a ‘warning shot’.

if in fear for your life, you aim at what is causing that fear be it a bear or a man with a gun and shoot to kill. warning shots are loose cannons and just as dumb as the idiots who shoot off their weapons on new years eve etc. no one with any serious training would ever do such a thing unless incapacitated somehow. doing so greatly increases the risk of hurting unintended bystanders as well as reduces time available to hit the intended target.

140. 156 shows the entry wound to perineum. It’s a perforating shallow wound through the folds in the skin.

Would not have caused death.

141. Wound #3 is Ex 155.

Entrance wound in the right inner thigh.

142. colin black says:

Dumb dumb hollow points are designed or altered to spread open fragment an cause as much damage as posssable.

143. 192 is the bullet she recovered from his thigh.

144. R to L. from the outside of the R leg to the inside and from the inside of the L leg to the R side.

145. States 147 is the thigh wound

Ex 191 is the small metal fragment she recovered.

146. Girlp says:

What a difference from Zimbots trial !!

147. This wound would have caused death.

148. Ex 144 is an x-ray of his body showing the projectile.

Perforated the aorta ended up beneath the skin in the left armpit..

149. This is a penetrating wound. Ex 172 is a photo of the penetrating wound.

150. J4TMinATL says:

Dunn looking at the computer screen right in front of him of ME photos Davis’ body.

151. 59 cm below the top of the head and 22 cm to the right of midline.

152. Ex 140 is what she denominated as wound #1.

153. Exhibit 177 his long pants.

There are EMT cuttings may have obscurred a bullet hole.

154. Ex 176 his basketball shorts has a hole in back that aligns with his underwear.

155. Exhibit 175 his jacket same location for hole.

156. Ex 173 his boxer shorts

Back seat is a hole

157. Blood on R side and back and some on the front.

158. Ex 173 is an olive tee-shirt he was wearing.

159. Ex 172 is his black tank top.

Found gunshot hole on the right side.

160. fauxmccoy says:

Must say that Dr. Simmonds presents better than either drs. Bao and Rao.

161. Cause of death: multiple gunshot wounds. Homicide.

162. She did external exam on 11/24 and interior exam on 11/25. They were swamped with work.

163. No drugs or alcohol detected in his blood.

164. 5′ 11″

Weight: 145 lbs (including body bag and sheets in it.

165. Stipulation: The body she examined was Jordan Davis

166. Jordan Davis’s body transported to ME’s office at 1:14 am on 11/24

Case # 12-1892

167. Dr. Stacy Simmonds

Background, experience and credentials.

Board certified in clinical, anatomical and forensic pathology.

168. The ME’s testimony is next.

Judge is giving everyone a heads-up that there may be upsetting stuff and to quietly leave the courtroom, if overcome.

169. J4TMinATL says:

Fred and Crane Station –

Sent small gift. Hope it helps.

xoxo

170. colin black says:

oh ok time for my Better Halfs lunch anyhoo.

171. Mid-morning break. Judge Healey said the next witness is going to be somewhat lengthy.

172. J4TMinATL says:

Do we know what the boards are for? State rest today?

173. colin black says:

Strolla oooh I haven’t mentioned a mhythical shotgun in a while better get a mention in.

174. Searching for holes in the evidence.

Kind of pointless. Everyone knows 10 shots were fired and Dunn fired them.

• Evidently, he’s trying to set-up an argument that one of the 10 shots fired was fired by the ghost shotgun.

• fauxmccoy says:

that was my take on the wayward cross. pretty hard to assign reasonable doubt there … phantom shotgun from mystery shotgun wielder just happening to be firing toward a red durango at the gate gas station, but only 1 pellet manages to strike and kill jordan davis.

my disbelief has not been suspended, sorry to say mr strolla. stick to bad lawyering and not fiction (just a pro tip here).

oooh, perhaps he wants the jury to believe that davis shot himself with the mystery shotgun that his client saw … yet only 1 pellet was discharged out of the several that would have been inside the shotgun shell.

dear god, now, i have heard it all.

• fauxmccoy says:

yes, colin. i believe that has been established (relatively). the magazine carried 15 bullets and when dunn was arrested, there were 5 bullets remaining, unused in the magazine. dunn claims to not carry with a live round in the chamber for safety reasons. as nutso as he is in most regards, i’m inclined to believe this.

175. J4TMinATL says:

Morning!

176. fauxmccoy says:

oooooh, strolla calls corey ‘angela’ in court. baaaaad form, mr lawyer, sir.

177. Actually, revisualizing the matter, I think those casings beneath the wipersmay have come from extending the gun outside the driver’s window.

Oops, she didn’t note the ejecta pattern!

• ay2z says:

Yep! Did you notice Dunn’s little eye roll in camera close-up as he reacted to this and probably a reaction by his council!??

Tonight in the water tank room, the creatures are stirring with evidence firearm in hand to test the ejecta! They had better do this before tomorrow, hadn’t they?

178. That said, the standing and aiming theory may be wrong, because it would also be possible to get this result, from a seated position.

179. fauxmccoy says:

here, right here, we are getting to the ‘pre meditation’ portion.

dunn did not have an extra cartridge chambered, therefore, he intentionally had to rack the 9mm to fire as opposed to zim who carried with a chambered round.

180. Ex 196 (the shell casings that Karen Smith found beneath the windshield wipers at the JSO Warehouse.).

They were fired by Dunn’s gun.

Question now is where was he when he fired those shots?

181. Whoop, there it is. Those shell casinsg under the wipers. He was standing an aiming. Sure was.

182. fauxmccoy says:

angie is quite comfortable handling firearms. i suspect she’s got a snub nose in her handbag at most times.

183. 5 casings found in the Gate parking lot were fired by the Taurus (Dunn’s gun).

184. fauxmccoy says:

am still just absolute struck by the difference in court presentation between this very clear, concise and professional prosecution (as well as LE and forensic staff) compared to the zimmerman circus court.

185. Bullets retrieved from Jordan Davis’s body by the ME’s office could not matched or excluded as having been fired by Dunn’s gun.

• Too many guns have the same 6 swirl right pattern.

• fauxmccoy says:

@eric — as the firearms expert indicated, not all bullets can be matched to specific guns, simply because the barrel of the gun does not leave any identifying marks. also, consider that this was hollow point ammo that expands and/or fragments upon striking an object. the bullet jackets that were recovered at the scene and at the jetta at time of arrest, however, do show markings consistent with the barrel of dunn’s gun.

it would be pretty difficult to draw any conclusion other than that the bullet fragments which ended davis’ life came from dunn’s 9mm.

186. The nature of this testimony is to explain why certain evidence is useless.

Shows no-stone-left-unturned.

Takes away the defense argument that the prosecution failed to examine this or that.

187. The firearms expert is explaining bullet casing identification, and what we are interested in, is where he was when he fired the gun, I believe.

188. I think this may be leading up to the location of casings found under the windshield wipers on Dunn’s car.

189. She’s laying the foundation for testimony regarding the position of the gun when fired.

190. Angela Corey looks a little less scary today. Yesterday was pretty rough…not sure what the issue was.

191. Witness Maria Pagan, a firearms lab analyst. Angela Corey questioning for the state.

192. Maria Pagan

FDLE firearms analyst

193. Note: Touch DNA usually does not produce a result because the skin cells humans slough off are typically dead cells and the DNA in the nucleus of the cell is too degraded to produce a result.

• Note: the scent trails that dogs follow to track a person are composed of dead c ells sloughed by the person being followed.

A scent item known to have been used by the individual in question is presented to the dog near the suspected scent trail so that it knows what it is being asked to follow and find.

Then it’s commanded to go find the source of the scent

194. Here’s Strolla now. I shall call him ‘Thunder puppy’ from now on.

195. Ex. 197 is a swab from a 9 mm casing.

She took a cuttingfrom the swab and tested it.

No DNA was detected.

196. DNA background information.

197. She does DNA testing in the FDLE crime lab.

198. Lawyer John Guy for the state, questioning.

199. Sukhan Worff

Works in the biology/DNA section of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

200. DNA analyst on the stand.

201. Sound is on now. Fred was just remarking this courtroom is huge and beautiful.

Court is in session right on time.

Jurors coming in.

202. fauxmccoy says:

present!

203. T minus 5 minutes and counting.

204. We are just now seeing the courtroom seal on the video feed.