If you could make 5 people disappear, who would you choose?

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Good afternoon:

“Would the following people please report to the vice principal’s office,” was a summons over the junior high school public address system that used to strike fear into my heart because my name often would be on that list for various and sundry immature pranks that I committed against teachers whom I disliked for reasons both real and imagined.

Yes, I confess that I was a bratty merry prankster who irritated the hell out of my frazzled teachers. Fortunately, I eventually managed to give my poor overworked and underpaid teachers a break and redirected my teenage rebellion into more productive pursuits like protesting against the war in Vietnam.

But that’s another story.

I am pleased to report that, as far as I know, I never made a teacher sick.

Of course, I had not yet discovered how to cast magic spells.

Which brings me to Brandi Blackbear, a student at Union Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma back in December, 2000.

The assistant vice principal suspended her for 15 days for casting a magic spell that made a teacher sick.

ABC News reported:

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday [by the ACLU], alleges that Blackbear was summoned to the office of assistant principal Charlie Bushyhead last December after a teacher fell ill, and was questioned about her interest in Wicca.

According to the lawsuit, Brandi Blackbear had read a library book about Wicca beliefs and, under aggressive interrogation by Bushyhead, said she might be a Wiccan. In fact, Blackbear is a Roman Catholic, according to the newspaper Tulsa World.

“The interview culminated with Defendant Bushyhead accusing Plaintiff, Brandi Blackbear, of casting spells causing (a teacher at the school) … to be sick and to be hospitalized,” the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit stated that because of the “unknown cause” of the teacher’s illness, Bushyhead advised the 15-year-old girl “that she was an immediate threat to the school and summarily suspended her for what he arbitrarily determined to be a disruption of the education process.”

Absolutely brilliant detective work by Mr. Bushyhead, who should give serious consideration to changing his name to Defendant Shit For Brains.

First Coast News reprinted this story from December, 2000 as its selection for today in the strange news department.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful, if we could cast magic spells that would make people disappear?

George Zimmerman would be in my top 5.

How about you?

77 Responses to If you could make 5 people disappear, who would you choose?

1. MDH says:

Note that Grimm, upon noticing that the TV reporter was slight of build, went into his macho tirade.

That is the hallmark of a coward.

A truly brave man uses his strength to protect the weak and never picks on targets below his level.

We all have strengths and weaknesses. A person who is well educated that mocks someone who is not so well educated is guilty of intellectual bullying, thus really no better than Grimm.

2. JJ says:

Another candidate for disappearing is Republican NY Rep Michael Grimm who threatened a reporter. Transcribed notes of Grimm’s threat: “Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this f***ing balcony.” …. ‘No, no, you’re not man enough, you’re not man enough. I’ll break you in half. Like a boy.’

Grimm is “A retired U.S. Marine and former FBI agent, Grimm was first elected to the House of Representatives in 2010 during the wave of Tea Party conservatism.”

My perception of Republicans is evolving from a party of “no” to a party of bullies. If they aren’t marines and heavyweights, then they need a gun to ensure their orders are followed and they are respected i.e. Zimmerman, “shut the cell phone off”, “turn the music down”, limit your questions to the state of the union speech.

The reporter was lucky that this was all caught on mike and that he wasn’t killed.
    Grimm-caught-camera-threatening-TV-reporter-asking-campaign-finance-probe-State-Union.html

Obviously they want to sequester so they can have their bailiffs runnning in and out of the jury room telling the jurors what to do and making up the stories they will need to pretend the acquittal wasn’t purchased by the court itself.

I hate to say this, but I firmly believe it’s true: if Dunn gets off, Blacks and other non-NRA’s WILL need to arm simply to be able to extend their lives because it will be a free-for-all and any white who is not already a victim in some way (like a white whose family has disabled him in order to take his money or such) will be fully enabled to kill any African American he chooses to murder. This shit is out of control. At least if a person is armed and kills in REAL self-defense, he’ll have time to sit on death row writing his book about the system, so 300 years from now (if the society does not completely crumble) there are source documents for the big racist killing spree that dominated the 21st Century in the country formerly known as the USA. Think — if Trayvon had been able to fight Fogen and get his gun away from him and kill him, he would be on death row already. There would be three, four appeals and federal habeas corpus and so forth. There would not be much publicity by now and we would be spared that trashy “art” that Fogen is producing. 300 years from now someone could write a master’s thesis on the Trayvon Martin death sentence case.

That is what would have happened to an African American who killed in self-defense. Make no mistake about it. AND BDLR would have done a goddamn bang-up job and added another death notch to his gun. And racists would be nominating Corey for sainthood and she’d get it.

4. Marshal Reed says:

#1 George Zimmerman #2 George Zimmerman #3 George Zimmerman #4 George Zimmerman #5 George Zimmerman

5. Lynn says:

In the Dunn case. Looks like deja vu of GZ trial.

Judge has an emergency hearing with media regarding access to files and then tells them, “… to come back tomorrow morning for another hearing to argue why they think the public records case should remain in his court and not be moved to civil court.”

6. Lyn says:

OH but did fight tooth and nail for the money. He tired before me.

7. Lyn says:

I did the same thing during my divorce. Never answered anything or attended the proceeding. The ex died 3 months ago, made peace before that and all looks so nonsensical now.

8. Lynn says:

I guess Shellie is not waiting on GZ’s response. She ain’t got time for that! Go girl.
    Atty wants to have finances explained. ahaha

Obviously Fogen defaulted. Her divorce should be granted immediately with all the relief she pled. He chose not to answer; his problem. As in: “What’s your fuckin’ problem, homie?”

I hope her divorce atty asked for attorneys’ fees and gets them!

9. colin black says:

My Father
    2My Grandfather
    3my Great Grand Father
    4 My Great Great Grand Father
    5 My Great Great Great Great Grandfather

For then I would be a Pardox wraped within an improbability coated with a chain of events so unbealavable that an explanation would .Destroy all concept of time an the universe that we think we inhabit .
    Wich in reality inhabits with in us.

Unfourtunately Im sure all thease fine fellows followed each other into reality at some given point.

Me Im still undesided

10. Girlp says:

1. George Zimmerman
    2. Justice Scalia/Rush Limphead
    3. Mark O’Mara
    4. Ted Cruz
    5. Rand Paul

11. Um, I forgot one. Yeah. He’s just annoying. David Piercy. And even Nettles18 just threw him off her blog, LOL!

I wouldn’t really disappear anyone, but they could certainly go to the other end of the universe or somewhere distant.

Cracks are running through the Fogen cheerleaders’ unifed support lately. They read his twitter and see the real GZ – just sayin’. Some aren’t pleased and wish they hadn’t donated to him. I will bite my tongue and not say I TOLD YOU SO.

12. jodiwankanobi says:

ok here are my 5

1. the NRA
    2. extremists of any kind
    3. child abusers/predators
    4. my ex-husband …….i joke…..kind of
    5. i will have to think about this one

mine are more groups than people, but i think it would thin out the herd quite nicely.

13. crazy1946 says:

If every one in the world was allowed to make five people disappear then at some point there would be no one left. Personally, I don’t want to play God and make anyone disappear….

14. colin black says:

If I could disappear FIVE people .
    That’s a bit short as my list would be long an varied.
    Five people to just make pffft
    Only FIVE!

ok it was a tough assignment but hear goes

1 Justin Beiber
    2 Justin Beiber
    3 Justin Beiber
    4 Justin Beiber
    5 Justin Beibers Dad.

15. colin black says:

ladystclaire says:

January 27, 2014 at 5:27 pm

What is he suing the AP for because, after all he stole from them and, he is also threating to tell how much they offered him for what? this is one more crazy ass “LOON!” he makes me sick and, I wish the media would stop making him feel as if he is something important when he’s not. his only accomplishment is the fact that he murdered a young AA kid and, got away with it.

@

I know that Is why we unnamed him as fogen an I as Foggage an auls Scots word for coarse rough grass.

An yet his name commands headlines as we all thought back then justice would be served Trayvons name would go fourth righteous an as an innocent murdered Child.

Instead foggage walked away a free man an Trayvon was again left face down in the dirt thist time by biased jurours an incompetent prosecution.

Satarday was Burns night an this Is for Trayvon

The poem[edit]

Burns original

Wee, sleekit, cow’rin, tim’rous beastie,
    O, what a panic’s in thy breastie!
    Thou need na start awa sae hasty
    Wi bickering brattle!
    I wad be laith to rin an’ chase thee,
    Wi’ murdering pattle.

I’m truly sorry man’s dominion
    Has broken Nature’s social union,
    An’ justifies that ill opinion
    Which makes thee startle
    At me, thy poor, earth born companion
    An’ fellow mortal!

I doubt na, whyles, but thou may thieve;
    What then? poor beastie, thou maun live!
    A daimen icker in a thrave
    ‘S a sma’ request;
    I’ll get a blessin wi’ the lave,
    An’ never miss’t.

Thy wee-bit housie, too, in ruin!
    It’s silly wa’s the win’s are strewin!
    An’ naething, now, to big a new ane,
    O’ foggage green!
    An’ bleak December’s win’s ensuin,
    Baith snell an’ keen!

Thou saw the fields laid bare an’ waste,
    An’ weary winter comin fast,
    An’ cozie here, beneath the blast,
    Thou thought to dwell,
    Till crash! the cruel coulter past
    Out thro’ thy cell.

That wee bit heap o’ leaves an’ stibble,
    Has cost thee monie a weary nibble!
    Now thou’s turned out, for a’ thy trouble,
    But house or hald,
    To thole the winter’s sleety dribble,
    An’ cranreuch cauld.

But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
    In proving foresight may be vain:
    The best-laid schemes o’ mice an’ men
    Gang aft agley,
    An’ lea’e us nought but grief an’ pain,
    For promis’d joy!

Still thou are blest, compared wi’ me!
    The present only toucheth thee:
    But och! I backward cast my e’e,
    On prospects drear!
    An’ forward, tho’ I canna see,
    I guess an’ fear!

16. ladystclaire says:

Other wise, why do they keep him in the news? he would definitely be at the top of my list of people who I want to just go away. he would be followed by, his father, mother, brother and, his lying uncle. then there his friends as well as those in the media who would rather take the word of a liar over the evidence that is surely against his fat ass. it really makes me sick to know, that some in this country are more than willing to support him. what would they think, if AA thought felt that way about all of the murdered white kids in this country? they wouldn’t like it not one bit and, they know it. but, AA have too much heart and respect for the dearly departed who are now at rest in heaven. Trayvon does not deserve to be treated they way that some in this country have treated him. one thing I know for sure and that is, GOD will deal with each and everyone of these people in his own good time and, in his own way.

17. Boyd says:

I don’t know where to begin. I can think of only Kim Jong ill right now.

As for Zimmerman I hope the New Black Panther party or someone on their behalf puts in a winning bid then have him deliver it in person.

Those bids are all faked by “four bidders” who do automatic bids until the thing reaches 100K. Then there’s bugaboo about Fogen going somewhere to “personally deliver” the thingumbob. If that isn’t transparent I don’t know what is. 4 X 24 = 96. Amazing, int??

• racerrodig says:

Yep….I’d say he sitting on his filthy hopper right now, fondling his little pistol and admiring his waving flag “painting” that he hung above the towel rack.

After all……..those colors don’t run as the bumper sticker says, and he did use the artists choice of “Latex” so all that steam in the bathroom won’t hurt it now…………or will it ??

• I want to know what he plans to sue AP for.

Stealing his copyright. Whatever he does, he attributes to others. Whatever others do to him, he does back. He stole their picture so they stole his. They sue him for copyright infringement, he sues them back.

• I could be wrong, but I think he he was blowing smoke. His shoot-from-the-hip response to AP appeared to be in the nature of a sue-me-and-I’ll-sue-you threat.

Responding in that manner to the AP’s warning to cease and desist from stealing their stuff demonstrates how stupid and unsophisticated he is.

• gblock says:

Boyd, don’t you mean Kim Jong Un? Kim Jong Il is dead.

18. 1. Zimmerman
    2.Oj Simpson
    3 Frank Taffe
    4.Michael Dunn
    5.Casey Anthony

BTW, here’s the murderers latest tweet:

On Twitter, George Zimmerman wrote Friday evening: “No worries AP, I’ll just take whatever U sue me for off your tab when I’m done suing you 🙂 Or… I could put out how much U offered me 2..”

Responding to Zimmerman’s tweet, Colford, the AP spokesman, said: “We don’t know what he’s talking about.”

Five to disappear:

1. Fogen (just on general principles so the curse comes full circle)

2. Judge Richard A. Posner (for DeShaney)

3. Judge James C. Cacheris (for hypocrisy and pretense)

4. Judge Donna Fields-Goldstein (for corruption and her wardrobe)

5. Judge William Adams (for child abuse)

Sorry that this didn’t include some of the well-known international tyrants, but once you get into that category, there isn’t any point getting rid of them because new ones spring up in their place immediately.

So now those of us who do corrupt government things to make people sick will be able to put those of us who have imaginary fantasies about what we WOULD do to make people sick into prisons and soon maybe they can burn folks at the stake for putting
    hexes” on good religious folk. Right? So there can be searches to uncover the criminals who stick pins in effigies or who collect fallen hairs to burn in witchcraft ceremonies? Interesting.

That school is accredited?

21. gee, i hope the fbi are watching georges twitter, talking about ‘white guilt’, how many rounds he’s got etc. The man has no class. He might be copping a bit from strangers but after what he did, and the fear he supposedly has because he is in soooo much danger you’d think he would pull his friggen head in.

• ladystclaire says:

Speaking of Fogen, this bit of information is for Shannoninmiami. Dave Piercy has been taking screen shots of other peoples twitter and facebook comments and, turning them over to Fogen, his stupid blond gf and his attorney. I don’t know his reason for doing this but, he has proudly admitted to doing so. he has also been posting information about others by taking photos of one person’s apartment in one instance. this is doxing all day long and, he needs to be held accountable for it. OT, he is also one to talk about others receiving public assistance, when he himself is trying to scam the taxpayers out of money to pay for his medications for his seizures. but, anyway please pass this on to Shannon if she still blog here. TIA

• jodiwankanobi says:

exactly, and notice how he is championing a 16 year old kid for “standing up to adults and putting them in their place”. Funny how he shot a teenager for doing the same thing.

All i see is him pimping out this kid to the public and egging him on. Fight your own battles Georgy, seems you can’t win a fight unless you shoot someone, and since you can’t do that over the internet you get a child (who is obviously more intelligent) to stick up for you.

Sorry for this comment in advance, but i bet when he’s engaging with his supporters on-line he has to type with one hand.

You just have to spend 5 minutes reading his twitter and you get a real good look into the man he is and his anger/impulse issues.

LOL – he’s even turning some long-time supporters off. We had him figured out with the evidence that they so carefully ignored.

• gblock says:

Wait, he’s taking medication for seizures? Why is he allowed to drive a car?

22. All 5 conservatives in the Supreme Court.

• groans says:

Strategically, not sure using all five disappearances on the SCOTUS would be prudent, when vanishing fewer could accomplish significant change. I mean, there’s still Rush Limbaugh to consider for the top five … and SO MANY more!
      🙂

23. Is this the modern day version of the Salem witch hunt?

24. groans says:

I think a couple or few US Supreme Court Justices should be included in any disappearance considerations.

25. Rev Bev says:

Way off topic….wasn’t sure where to post. Ft Worth hospital is appealing the Friday decision that would allow turning off life support. The original Judge has recused herself, so there will be a new Judge in the appeal.

• groans says:

Are you saying they haven’t turned off their “corpse support” yet? Looneydoone reported otherwise, above.

(PS – Source citations for these things would be most appropriate and helpful!)

• Thanks, Rev Bev.

I was concerned that the hospital would do this. The district attorney is representing the hospital and I was pretty sure he would want to appeal the judge’s decision.

However, the hospital is the client and I was hoping that it would insist on terminating life support, since that is mandated by medical ethics. But for the Texas statute that conflicts with the ethical rule, the hospital should have terminated life support in late November.Seems to me that the judge’s decision Friday freed the hospital to ignore the statute.

The district attorney is a right wing wacko, however, and he’s going to play God and force his grossly selfish and irresponsible view, which is contrary to what we know about the condition of the fetus, and ram it down Erick Munoz’s throat just because he can.

I despise people like that.

• groans says:

OK, let’s get some actual sourcing going…. From the Fort Worth Star Telegram:

• groans says:

From a Dallas TV station:

Posted on January 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM
      Updated today at 8:45 PM

J.R. Labbe, a spokeswoman for John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, issued a statement Sunday that says the hospital “will follow the court order” issued Friday in the case of Marlise Muñoz.

Life support was terminated at 11:29 a.m. Sunday, and she has died, family members told News 8.

A pro-life group held a vigil outside JPS Hospital on Sunday afternoon.

“We’re very saddened that the baby is gone,” said Carol Novielli, who brought a rose and stuffed animal to remember the child.

Behind the scenes, local conservatives like State Representative Matt Krause said they spent the weekend trying to get the hospital and district attorney’s office to appeal the ruling.

“We at least were trying to get the hopsital board to have an emergency meeting to appeal Judge Wallace’s ruling,” he told News 8.

• revbev says:

Sorry if I caused any confusion. I must have seen an interim report that later changed. I think the hospital changed its position. Since I am fairly “local,” our paper had wonderful pictures of the husband-father. Such a nice looking young man and has been through so much. Peace for him and the family.

• groans says:

From the Houston Chronicle / AP, January 26, 2014 / Updated: January 26, 2014 9:39pm:

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A brain-dead, pregnant Texas woman’s body was removed from life support Sunday, as the hospital keeping her on machines against her family’s wishes acceded to a judge’s ruling that it was misapplying state law.

Marlise Munoz’s body soon will be buried by her husband and parents, after John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth announced it would not fight Judge R.H. Wallace Jr.’s Friday order to pronounce her dead and return her body to her family. The 23-week-old fetus she was carrying will not be born.

[State district judge] Wallace sided Friday with Erick Munoz, saying in his order: “Mrs. Munoz is dead.”

Wallace had given the hospital until 5 p.m. Monday to comply with his order, but officials there announced Sunday morning that it would forego any appeal. …

26. Brandy says:

I would love to get rid of everyone with hate and ignorance in their hearts! Sociopaths and evil liars. That would take care of Georgie, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, terrorists, Rush Limbaugh, 90 percent of people at Fox News and would hopefully stop the senseless mass shootings! Hey, a person can dream right? 🙂 okay, back to reality 😦

27. Rachael says:

MO’M has got to go.

28. racerrodig says:

It’s so sad that the list could be so long as a necessity…..

Many of us have 1st hand exp. with some who deserve this list and corrupt big bank assholes are among them.

29. racerrodig says:

You’re kidding on 2 counts Professor….

1) 5??? Only 5…..

2) For some reason I just can’t imagine you pulling pranks that resulted in that PA announcement……

Fogen, is a given
    Dunn…..he’s just as bad, if not worse……
    What’s his name in Dearborn Hts
    Moron O’ Mara
    Hitlers dead so my 5th…………Hmmmmmmm???

There’s a lot who deserve this list…..so many choices……

• looneydoone says:

I’m with you racer. 5 is just not enough, even if I remove them in groups (1 group= 1 “person”)
      *SCOTUS
      *Congress
      *Tea party crazies
      *The 85 richest people on earth who’s net worth=that of 3.5 billion
      *Everyone present at Davos this year
      *Every “sovereign citizen”, white nationalist and militia group
      *All the Dominionists/xtain reconstructionists
      * All the bankers & Wall St titans
      *Every dirty public office holder

I’ve already dispatched millions, and haven’t even begun to scratch the surface.

There’s far more serious evil in the world than Fogen could ever produce. Might have to deal with a few unscrupulous billionaires like the Koch brothers and some far-out dictators like the one in N. Korea rather than messing with lightweights like Fogen.

Yep. They’re on my list. What I prescribe for the members of legislative bodies is the prescription for the 85 (or is it 86?) and the hedge fund managers and banksters that crashed the economic system.

wealthfare should be welfare. They already know all about wealthfare. They need to learn something new.

I wouldn’t try to make anyone disappear but some need to be moved around.

For example, fogen is a threat to society and needs to be removed to jail for crimes already committed.

School administrators who don’t have a clue about education or children need to remove to another job where they don’t have the power over children or the education process.

Many lawyers need to be removed to some really serious legal ethics classes and if they don’t understand, they need to find new jobs that don’t require a sense of ethics.

Those who build bombs, drones and other war materiel need to melt their products into plowshares.

All members of legislative bodies need to spend a month living next door to people on wealthfare and with the same amount of income as their neighbors.

Every person who engages in negative stereotyping needs to go through an exercise of “blue eyes- brown eyes”.

Those who recognize “white privilege” and use it to their advantage and those who don’t recognize that they have it need to spend a month as a Black person in this country where they need to look for a job and a mortgage.

I exceeded the requested five but the list goes on.

33. MDH says:

My five would disappear to be put on an island where they could show us how love, peace and understanding can make the world a better place.

The five:

Robert Taylor of Liberia

George “the artist” Zimmerman

Raymond People’s, founder of YBI

Michael “everybody is a thug but me” Dunne

Dinesh D’Souza, self-appointed expert on how race messes up a persons head

I put my money on Peoples.

34. looneydoone says:

Off topic
    I understand the hospital in Texas has removed Marlise Muñoz from life support in compliance with court order. The hospital allegedly intends on billing her husband for all costs incurred in “caring for her”
    the past 2 months.

• How convenient. I’m sure he can litigate to take care of that issue.

• colin black says:

Wrong there is no Husband to bill for the last two months.

Speak to my hand as my ears cant hear .
      Last two Months Ive been a widower not a husband neeed a Wife for that not a corpse.
      You think Im paying medical bills for a corpse go whistle.

I should have been spending my money on putting her to rest.

• groans says:

The hospital allegedly intends on billing her husband for all costs incurred in “caring for her” the past 2 months.

@ Looneydoone, what’s your source for this, please? (There are gazillions of articles online; I’m just wondering where to look first.) Thanks.

I agree with Colin. If Mrs. Munoz met the criteria for brain death on November 28th, as has been reported, and if nothing after that was done at the family’s request, then a reasonable charge for postmortem care (standard hospital procedures following a patient’s death) is all the hospital is due.

The hospital’s recourse is be against those who gave the absurd advice and/or directives that the hospital followed.

And … the hospital might want to wait to settle up with those folks until after the hospital settles with the family on their intentional infliction of emotional distress and other related claims.

SMH.

• looneydoone says:

groans,
        Sorry for the delay. Posted my comment just as we were leaving the house. I believe it’s important to watch how this case plays out.

Then Munoz should sue them for malpractice.
        Pay their bill out of the $17 million settlement.
        Also they violated her privacy and gave out info. about her medical condition without a release.
        Sue the bastards.

• Lyn says:

Send them a dollar a month for the rest of his life. The hospital will wind up eating this bill and charge it off.

• gblock says:

Was whoever it was at the hospital that made the decision to keep her on corpse support just basically covering their butts somehow?