The Wizard of Oz cast, featuring Hoboken

Oz, aka The Land of Oz: New Jersey

Munchkinland: Hoboken, New Jersey

The Munchkins: The People of Hoboken, New Jersey

The Wicked Witch of the East: Former Hoboken Mayor Peter J. Cammarano III

Dorothy: Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer

Toto: Steve Kornacki, and MSNBC

Glenda, The Good Witch of the North: Mayor Zimmer’s desire to get relief funding to her beautiful and densely populated town, Hoboken, that was eighty percent underwater and damaged, during Hurricane Sandy.

Emerald City: Hurricane Sandy Relief Money

The Yellow Brick Road: The process that Mayor Zimmer must go through, to qualify and get Sandy relief funding to the town of Hoboken, New Jersey.

The Lion: The Mayor of Fort Lee, the people of Fort Lee and the commuters of Fort Lee who got stuck in that fucked up traffic jam.

The Tinman: Infrastructure, the GW Bridge and The Sixteen Blocks in the North end of Hoboken that got shunned by that rigged study.

The Scarecrow: All the other mayors, judges and people in elected positions who got fired, called names, voted off the island, taken off the bench for no reason, kicked to the curb, and thrown under the bus by the Christie administration and then flamboyantly blamed, for the failures of the Entire Human Race. So, the Scarecrow is: him, her, them, those other people, and all of the mean terrible lying predatory animals out to get the Christie administration and destroy it by next Tuesday, including the vast, overarching left-wing conspiracy. In other words, the Scarecrow is anyone other than Governor Christie, and his administration.

The Wicked Witch of the West: The Christie Administration. Then again, maybe it’s just him.

The Wicked Witch’s Flying Monkeys: The Port Authority people who email stuff like, “Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” and various and sundry other people from the cabinet of the character mentioned above, who go out in the field and do the governor’s actual wet work, which includes telling the mayor of a giant, beautiful town that if she wants any Sandy relief money from the…get this: Federal government…there are strings attached, or some version of that.

The Flying Monkey Attack: Some act of revenge. It’s getting to where these things are announced ahead of time, like, “I’ll get you my pretty. And your little dog to, Ah-hahahahahaaaaa.” Or, this.

The Wizard of Oz: To be announced

endnote/disclaimer: Others might see better choices for casting!

Related, article with MSNBC Steve Kornacki video is here:

RE-UPDATED: Hoboken Mayor Alleges Gov. Christie Withheld Hurricane Relief Money to Get Redevelopment Project Approval

27 Responses to The Wizard of Oz cast, featuring Hoboken

1. stan says:

Wait just a darn minute!

I have always relied on the historic fact that a new Jersey was a baby cow, and now you guys/gals/uncommitted are trying to convince me that they named a state after a baby bovine.

The next thing you will run past me to believe as an undisputed cosmic ‘fact’ is that they got rid of the old England and started a new one in this country.

I mean, ok, some things must be accepted on faith alone, but this one is way over the top.

After all, I didn’t get off the boat yesterday!

I’m from New Jersey. Although it’s really not any different from any other state, although the govt. corruption there is not worse or more shocking than any of the other corruption, although it probably is not as bad as half-to-most of the South, still, it really pisses me off when this crap happens in New Jersey! Makes me want to leave there all over again…

Right about other states having their own corruption. It’s just that NJ now has a very loud governor whose staff, and maybe himself, pissing off lots and lots of people in two states. The corruption in other states is done much more quietly.

3. MDH says:

The best name, IMO, is Nova Scotia.

In geological history, the Atlantic, due to plate tectonics, has opened and closed more that once.

The transform faulting related to the last opening took a bit of Scotland to the other side of the Atlantic. IOW, the lithology of Nova Scotia is the same as the Highlands of Scotland.

Interesting. I didn’t know that. And a new word for my vocabulary. .

I wondered about that. I was on a daytime international flight that went over far n. Scotland and then Nova Scotia – the dark stone and ice below certainly looked identical.

4. colin black says:

New Jersey not Nay wonder why they named New Jersey after a Small Island in the English Channel.

Prolly same reason they named New England over a small Island in the N Atlantic?

lol. To your point, hubris.

However, many of the names of cities and villages in New England are named for the communities in England where the people used to live.

Apparently some immigrants from across the pond found the S. Cali coast a lot like home – I laugh every time I go to San Diego on the 5 freeway and read in short order on the freeway – Manchester Ave, Birmingham Ave, and then right after that, the exit for the town of Cardiff by the Sea.

• looneydoone says:

The early Anglo settlers (real estate developers) made a mess of naming things in and around San Diego county
          Balboa Ave & Balboa Park…Balboa never set foot in the region
          Cabrillo lighthouse misnamed. S/B Rodriguez lighthouse
          La Jolla misspelled. Correct spelling is La Joya
          my absolute favorite ? The street in Oceanside named Avenida de los platos (avenue of the plates)

5. colin black says:

First Clue resident an most Famous American Actor Singer Frank Sinatra was born an bred in Hoboken

He did things his way with to few regrets to mention…

IIIIIIIISome say that New Yorkers are so miserable because the light they see at the end of the tunnel is Ney Jersey..

I disagree an think N Jersey particulary Up State Is beutifull rurall rustic an an other worldly in places ..

6. Okay, since it is halftime, I will share the new development here:

“The New Jersey mayor who publicly claimed this weekend that Gov. Chris Christie’s administration tried to withhold hurricane relief funds met Sunday in private with the U.S. attorney for the state of New Jersey.

“This afternoon I met with the U.S. Attorney’s office for several hours at their request and provided them with my journal and other documents,” Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer said in a statement Sunday. “As they pursue this investigation, I will provide any requested information and testify under oath about the facts of what happened when the Lieutenant Governor came to Hoboken and told me that Sandy aid would be contingent on moving forward with a private development project.”

7. dianetrotter says:

It’s amazing how people will believe that a person is so right that they do so wrong for that person. How the heck do educated, “intelligent” people justify this.

• As far as I can tell, a lot of this looks like the fear of revenge/retaliation you might see with the bullying syndrome. But still, that said, I see exactly what you mean. When you sleep with dogs you get fleas, and if you hang around in a barber shop long enough, you’ll get a haircut…kind of metaphorically like that.

He put this woman into a situation where, if she had gone along with it, he would have had control of her, and the way I see it, that is a form of blackmail, really.

8. Please note: Fred is having severe technical difficulties today (funny, the other day it was me), so that is why you have not seen a post from him today. In some previous threads, several left comments regarding events and issues that need to be addressed. He was going to do that- I posted some satire, just sort of picking up on the story from yesterday- and was waiting for him to post, but then- his laptop became inoperable.

We are very sorry, and we thank you for your patience.

Do not worry about going off topic here!

9. stan says:

Gazing intently into my acrylic crystal ball while looking for a great deal on anti-gravity boots, suddenly there it was staring me right in the face.

It was as if the great future beyond was talking directly to me through a faux sphere of glass.

I sat mesmerized as inside the sphere in shimmering bright yellow-green fluorescent letters the following words appeared:

“As for you Mr.Christie,

Toil the bell, close the book, and extinguish the taper.”

You think maybe crystal balls can read the New York Times?

• This is a great visual, I really love it! My mind kept thinking of stuff like dominoes, or turning over rocks, or a phone booth endlessly packed with clowns, just some never-ending sequence of interconnected events, and that always seems to be a signature on any given institution of corruption.

Kind of like this:

• stan says:

All I can say is wow!! Holy smoke! What a rush!!!

When the unfettered human imagination is permitted to soar to amazingly creative, ethereal heights, we once again can immerse ourselves in the delight and awe of the fathomless expanses of the human mind.
        Thank you muchly Ms. R. Crane-Station.

P.S. I played it for my daughter and she was delighted.

Crane-Station, you have great creativity.

I’d go for Dawn Zimmer as governor of NJ. We need to clean up the states first, imo.

Steve Kornacki did an outstanding!!! job in presenting the story of Hoboken and Dawn Zimmer. She deserves a lot of credit for coming forward.

• She really does have courage, and also, the administration really did underestimate her. I really commend her for having some stones because the ‘easier softer way’ may have been to go for a deal with strings attached. Unless it was an undercover sting- in that case, she’d go to prison like her predecessor, but hey!

It is a breath of fresh air to see someone break up the business-as-usual corruption routine and say, “Enough.”

11. voiceofreason says: