Open Thread Discussion

Monday, December 16, 2013

Good evening:

In addition to this open thread, we have two articles from earlier today:

Forgiveness at the heart of Mandela legacy by Leonard Pitts Jr

Federal judge rules that NSA data collection violates Fourth Amendment

What’s on your mind tonight?

13 Responses to Open Thread Discussion

1. colin black says:

I am my CATS Human as my Betterhalf Is his Mom I am non the Mommy one.

He was our best CAT on the day of our Union an by the amount of orbs in the photos seems all our pevious pets were also present.

He done his duty an kept the rings safe an then had a sleep between us until the wedding ended.

2. Boyd says:

Anybody put a bid in for the painting?

3. towerflower says:

bettykath, I think you are correct……as I have one sitting on the table next to me while I type and another in my lap.

You’re lucky. Mine used to get between me and the computer screen. How dare I make something else more important! 🙂

• gblock says:

According to my son, his cat is well-behaved when he is not at home, but when he is there, she wants to be the center of attention. Recently, she pulled a bill from his pocket and tore it while he was on the phone with me.

About the only one of these stories I can handle tonight is the one about cats. Question: Do you really think that we domesticated cats? Or is it possible that cats domesticated us so that they would have servants to feed and house them? I have noticed that the cats I have had were quite noticeably in charge such that I was grateful that they allowed me to live in their house.

• I think they outsmarted us.

Ref: Rudyard Kipling, “The Cat Who Walked By Herself.”

She sees how dog has been domesticated by man, and she goes to woman, and sets her OWN terms. She will come and lie by the fire and get meat. She will come when she likes and leave when the spirit moves her. Whenever MAN sees her he will kick her. She says, “I am the cat who walks by herself and ALL PLACES are alike to me.”

• looneydoone says:

HA !
      It might be 5,000 years before MiSombra is *domesticated*
      She brought a mouse into the house while we were away, and apparently lost it. I felt something run across my leg in the dead of night….Yep, her damn mouse had hidden itself between the sheets on our bed. Thought I was going to stroke out and have an obit stating “killed by mouse that had been hiding in the bed”