What happens to Zimmerman if Samantha Scheibe refuses to participate

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Good afternoon:

Many readers have been wondering what will happen to George Zimmerman’s pending case if her request to dismiss her pending case against him is denied and the prosecution pursues it, despite her refusal to participate.

The answer is simple. The case is not her personal lawsuit. It will be the State of Florida against George Zimmerman and she is a witness in that case.

She will be subpoenaed to appear and testify. Upon the request of the prosecution, the court will issue a bench warrant for her arrest. The police will “secure” her appearance by arresting her and transporting her to court.

If she refuses to answer any questions, she can be jailed for contempt and will remain in jail until she finally agrees to answer questions. If she continues to refuse to answer questions, she will be deemed unavailable and her statement to police will be admitted under Rule 804.

If she agrees to testify, she can be confronted with her previous statement to police where it differs from her testimony.

She can also be charged with giving a false statement to police and sentenced to jail for that offense.

UPDATE: This is how the prosecution could have chosen to proceed with the case. However, they decided to drop it instead.

We have received 3 donations today and remain in dire need for more donations.

Please donate in any amount you can afford or this site is history.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We depend on reader support and we desperately need your help now. We have gotten less than ten donations from the thousands of people who visit this website every day.

That is extremely discouraging.

I hate to beg but have no choice. We cannot pay our rent and are on the verge of being homeless and losing this website.

This is our 791st post in two years. Think about how much time and effort that involves.

Writing articles and maintaining this site requires many hours of work every day. If you value the unique mix of news and commentary you find here, please make a donation.

Click the yellow donation button in the upper right hand corner of this page. You can choose to make a single donation via Paypal or a recurring monthly payment.

We really are on the edge of losing this site. Yet, the silence to our plea has been deafening.

I don’t know what else to say.

Fred

95 Responses to What happens to Zimmerman if Samantha Scheibe refuses to participate

1. J4TMinATL says:

What is GlennTX referring to in the other post, Scheibe wants to drop charges?

First I’m hearing about it.

2. Jamie says:

In the end, what happens happens. It is what it is.

3. Trained Observer says:

SupVic — This entire she-bang is going to end badly, with many people taken for a ride.

Right, and the drivers on that ride include Fogen, Shellie, SS (“Smelly”), their hangersonn, their “15-min-fame-hungry” relatives, their scumball attorneys, the journalists who suck up to them, the racist punks who cheer them on, and assorted corrupt officials of every shape and size. Filth.

• looneydoone says:

Malisha,
        Read your earlier comment as “pink” assed Afro-Peruvian
        jejejeje…I’d bet his ass is pretty damned peach tone

4. SupremeVictory says:

This will end badly for Samantha. Nothing good ever comes out of being in a relationship with someone who is married. If Shellie decided not to divorce George and they wound back up together, what is Samantha going to do?

George was seeing her during the trial while married to Shellie. I don’t know what her expectations are, but she better take a hint from Shellie and get away from George.

Really bad news this morning. Rec’d word that my niece was found dead in her home. Her wounds could not have been “self-inflicted”.

• Trained Observer says:

How awful. Condolences to you and other family.

• Boyd says:

That’s terrible. Condolences to your family.

OMG! Sorry! How old was your niece? Did she have an abusive husband/lover/boyfriend/sig-other?

• elle says:

Bettykath, there are no words. My heart is with you.

We don’t know much except it wasn’t an accident, almost certainly homicide. She was going to be 36 next week. She leaves a 3 year old daughter. Police were processing the scene all night. I’m across the country from her.

• Trained Observer says:

This must come as a shock, bettykath. Nothing will bring your grand-niece’s mother back to your family, but we can hope law enforcement quickly sorts out what happened and can get your niece’s killer off the streets. Take care, all the more so if you make the cross-country trek to her funeral.

• Rachael says:

OMG, I have no words. Please know my thoughts are with you. This is awful.

• looneydoone says:

betty kath,
        Terrible news, tremendous loss, words fail
        Sending our best to you and the family…

A short newspaper article says that the police are investigating as a homicide. My niece was shot.

Thanks so much for your kind words. It’s really hard to process this. My sister and I were talking recently about how there is only one person left from our parents’ generation and we have been so lucky that the later generations were all with us, This is now no longer the case. We also know that, as difficult as this is for us, we have still been amazingly fortunate when considering how much suffering so many other families have had and are continuing to have.

I just read through our im conversations on fb. Sure will miss her.

• This is awful news. Please accept my condolences.

Fred

So hard to process. Peace and condolences.

6. shyloh says:

I believe this opens the door for others to get by with abusing others. If I lived there. (THANK GOD I DON’T) I’d say, you let mr. piggy go, so you can’t charge me. A double standard. What’s up with Florida? Oh it’s Florida..

7. Lyn says:

Charges have been dropped for Domestic Violence.

You’d think Seminole County would at least be a little pissed about Fogen’s misuse of 911 . . .

Also, she and her mother went on the media and gave out all this gratuitous “we’re scared to death” blabber. What a-damn-about that? So we the public are now just putty in the hands of any asshole or assholette who wants to carry on and wring their hands in public crying “oooh oooh I’m scairt oooh help me help me”? They both need their whining asses kicked HARD and publicly.

Not her so much. She likely had reason to call. Many victims drop charges and nothing is ever done. But Fogen’s call was in the completely useless category.

8. Dave says:

When the complainant is essentially the only witness and she tells two contradictory stories she is not credible and the chances of proving the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt are approximately zero.

9. colin black says:

No this Is destiny calling.

Think about It in the perpective of foggage.

He has with in the period pf 12mnths got away with a blatant murder of an innocent child.

And In doing so became a public figure no longer able to skulk in the shadows .

As being a nonentity such as he has benefits.

ANONIMITY

That’s gone for ever he so much as pisses in the street an its on the wire.
    Also this calendar year he has escaped punishment every time he breaks the law.
    He will an has become more an more emboldened with every non action.

We all no its not If but when he hits the media again its going to be some thing beyond belief an yet poetic justice that final episode of farce that brings this maniac to heel for ever.

Case In point watched an episode of the First 48 three years ago .About an Hispanic guy who had his truck broken Into he spots it from his apartment .Runs down with a Knife an stabs the guy for trying to remove his radio.

.Just tonight Im watching the latest episode of The First 48 an theres a gang battle going on In Miami an one set of youth are shooting an chaseing ther rivals.

In a car chase one of the passengers is killed an the driver wounded an crashes.

But a guy working at a store is driving home after his shift stopped at lights by the intersection where the drive by chase shootings ocoured was also killed hit by a stray bullet.

Turns out the innocent civilian heading home to his wife an kids,Was the very same person whom stabbed the guy to death for attempting to steal a radio from his truck.

The charges had been dissmised at a stand your ground hearing.
    As he claimed the unarmed radio theif attacked him.

Something he hadn’t claimed in his initial L E interviews .

What struck me though was the fact a Truch was involved an a S T Y G alleged scenario defence .Also Florida also the Defendant walked free.

Sometime I know for a fact the universe speaks to me anif it speaks to me.

Its also speaking to us all an that was a shout not a whisper by the universe that foggage will get whats comeing for him.

Or as we Scots put It.

Whats for you shall never pass you by.

10. breelee says:

I’ve always heard the victim has no right to drop a case. Guess when it concerns fogen, the rules are different. I give up on this pos ever paying for his crimes, he’s special.

The prosecution can only move forward alone when they have solid evidence. Sometimes without the victim’s participation, it because a he said, she said. So they don’t bother.

• roderick2012 says:

So the 911 tape with the sound of shattering of glass in the background and George’s barricading the front door isn’t enough circumstantial evidence?

Oh wait the State didn’t even charge Piglet with obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence after he admitted moving Trayvon’s body after he was shot.

• Rachael says:

I don’t know that it is correct that the victim has no right to drop a case. AFAIK, they always have that right, but the state also has the right to pick it up, even if the victim drops it. In this case, they did not.

11. Boyd says:

I think she got money from some NRA stand your ground types. In exchange for changing her story

12. GrannyStandingforTruth says:

Professor, no disrespect, but the title of this topic should that George Zimmerman is Above the Law. D.A. dropped the charges.

• roderick2012 says:

Granny, the Professor, posted this before Piglet skated….again.

• Thank you. I did not know that. I felt so bad yesterday that went to bed right after I posted the article and just got up a little while ago.

I am struggling with severe depression right now and fear that we will soon lose the website an be homeless.

• looneydoone says:

Fred,
        There’s a small 1 bedroom house near me that rents for $250 month. If you’re interested send me an e-mail
        Anything’s better than being homeless, my friend

• Rachael says:

Wow – what area do you live where you can get a one-bedroom house for $250/month? I really need to move. It is wayyyyy too expensive out here in the PNW.

• looneydoone says:

Rachel,
            We live in Mexico, on the Pacific Coast, less than 1 block from the ocean. We have all services (city water, sewage, elect, trash pick up, reliable & cheap public transportation, and obviously internet service)
            Been here 20 years, would never consider moving back to ‘murikka

You might want to search Baja California locations close to the border…Tijuana (yes, it’s got very nice middle class colonias) San Felipe, Ensenada and Playas de Rosarito
            or
            further from the border La Paz, Guadalajara, Tepic, Merida, Playa Escondido, Oaxaca outskirts
            Those are all areas with fairly large ex-pat communities

• Can we bring our parrot across the border?

• looneydoone says:

Fred,
          Yes, your Parrot can be brought into Mexico. He needs a “Passport” from the local vet with full description and a clean bill of health…search “bringing a pet to Mexico”

13. ks says:

It’s just a matter of time for GZ. It will always be something else with him and as lucky as he’s been, he’s slowly but surely headed to his final ruin.

14. MDH says:

I was able to donate $50, this month.

Is there any way to allow others to create threads to draw more traffic?

I mean the musical threads, based on some of the regulars tastes would be awesome, IMO.

MDH: Is there a way to set up an ebay-type auction of things people may want to buy? I have some antique Christmas ornaments made of glass. Be glad to use them that way — anybody have the technological know-how?

• crazy1946 says:

Malisha, It would be quicker an easier to simply list them on ebay and donate the proceeds…. Just a suggestion…

Yeah. I’m not set up to do it. Stuff like that confounds me.

• crazy1946 says:

Malisha, While it is not as good as ebay, there is always Craig’s List. Good thing about there is you get your money in cash and instantly as soon as some one buys them…. Some areas also have radio trade shows where you sell things… Maybe one of those would work for you??

• Diane Trotter says:

I sell on eBay. I can walk you through the process. I’m not doing too badly.

Prediction: They get back together. YAY! She has HIS baby. BOO. There’s more domestic violence and/or child abuse. UGH. She ends up in a hideous idiotic divorce. YEAH, YEAH. He calls her crazy and he gets custody. HA HA HA (except for the child). He denies her visitation (she was up to no good). YAY! She tries to get him held in contempt but she ends up in jail for false allegations. HA HA HA (except for her cellmates). When she’s out he gets child support and she has to work for 21 years and pay HIM to keep her away from her child. YEAH, YEAH. Somebody knocks him off and she’s suspect #1. OOOOOOOH! Several romance novels are written and a couple of soap operas follow the story line. TEE HEE. She finds true love in prison (a female prison guard who believes her story about her innocence). BOO. Another 74,355 articles are written. YUK.

16. MDH says:

Did they ever stop to think that the whole charade that GZ and his various minions engage in puts the life of law enforcement officers in danger?

Although I loath GZ, SS should be charged with making a false accusation.

Of course, if we lived in a sane world, George would have be put down {I mean in the legal sense} by the law for making false 9-11 accusations before he ever killed TM.

What a clown show Florida puts on!

Funny that I can find this great Keystone Kops video to go along with Let George Do It:

17. towerflower says:

Charges were just dropped. I’ll try and get a link.

• Trained Observer says:

So he skates again …

Either the prosecutors in FL don’t have spines or his daddy is really connected. Maybe both. Just waiting for another murder trial. 😦

Why should they ever bother to charge Fogen with anything? Clearly, he has carte blanche to do to anybody whatever he wants, so long as he picks on African Americans, women, or other victimizables. He also knows who the exploitables are. I believe SS should be charged with theft of services.

• Trained Observer says:

This will only further embolden him. We’ll hear more from Fogen before the year is out.

He’s lovin’ it.
            Tubby little punk-ass Afro-Peruvian.
            And Scheibe, she probably couldn’t get enough publicity without him so she threw her markers back in.
            Somebody, Tell me: Is she the ex-wife or ex-fiancee of Keith Cedotal?

• roderick2012 says:

According to the locals, George Zimmerman is the local folk hero who stood up to Obama, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and defeated the racist conspiracy against him.

Unless you’ve lived in a small racist town like I grew up in you can’t understand the ‘circle the wagon’ mentality that permeates places like Sanford and Seminole county when it comes to ‘outside agitators’.

States rights (sovereign citizenship theory) isn’t just a slogan for these people it’s a way of life.

• Tzar says:

fantastic news
      wish the young couple a happy holiday
      and a joyous new year

18. Because of the barricade that continued long after the police arrived and tried to get in, along with Zimmerman’s CYA call to 9-1-1, I am hopeful that the case will move forward. I hope they are sick of Zimmerman’s foolishness and aware of how many abused women think.

19. roderick2012 says:

2 Sides: On the Fogen front, it wouldn’t surprise me if Seminole County just drops the entire affair.

Bingo!!

• lurker says:

Apparently, according to AP, they just did.

• roderick2012 says:

Of course the racist rubes in Seminole County would rather risk their own safety than look as if they are ‘buckling’ to outsiders and put George behind bars as he deserves.

Now George is free to threaten, beat and rape if he wants just in time for Christmas.

• Yup. Pretty normal stuff for normal people. After all, Seminole County sees him as someone who killed in self-defense. They’re not too worked up yet. But Fogen keeps stirring the pot, he’ll get nailed one of these days.

For what, killing or beating a powerful white guy? I don’t think so. The thing about cowards like Fogen is that they do NOT attack people who could demolish them. Even that idiotic “diagnosis” the abuser-protector psychiatrists came up with, “Intermittent Explosive Rage Disorder,” only showed its “symptoms” when the IERD-afflicted suffered an attack [upon] their wives, children, or employees/servants; they never seemed to have these “symptoms” against their bosses, against trained pugilists or black belt martial arts masters, or against individuals larger and more well armed than themselves.

Yup, Fogen can keep getting away with beating and threatening women and killing Black kids; that’s the society we live in; it’s the one we have built.

20. Lyn says:

Fred, my SS check comes on the 4th Wednesday. Will send $20 then,

I’d sure like to help out but I live by the skin of my teeth on freelance work, which thins out at the holidays. I literally steal piddly amounts of money from my teen and then pay him back. Wish the thousands of people who read would simply donate $5 now and then. Would make a huge difference!

Good luck with everything.

On the Fogen front, it wouldn’t surprise me if Seminole County just drops the entire affair. But I’m certain they’ll hear from the lovebirds again. Better luck next time. He’s building up his own case against himself.

• Trained Observer says:

Sadly, with freelance, most everything grinds to a halt until budgets for the upcoming year kick in … despite newfangled technology that’s one thing that hasn’t changed over time.

Blogs rarely, if ever, produce income. Those that do, generate via tile ads and/or pay per click on ads.

As for Samantha,it appears she’s gotten in up to her chinny-chin-chin, way deeper than anticipated, especially with the possible child endangerment issue.

An alternataive view: Sam’s trying to back pedal, after panicing over Fogen and their “book or movie” deal slipping away with some other chickadee coming on to the scene.

All ths brings to mind the great quote from Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865): “You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.”

• Boyd says:

my son made some decent money on those click ads. He took his payments in Bitcoin for two years. When the price of Bitcoin got too high they went back to paying him in cash. When he started working for Bitcoin was valued under $1 today it’s like around $900. A few months ago he used his profits to buy a Bitcoin Mining device to mine for Bitcoin.

• Trained Observer says:

Boyd — I understand Bitcoin already is something like the 75th most valuable currency on earth. Time will tell.

• Boyd says:

That is some crazy stuff.

• Trained Observer says:

So the question remains: Is Bitcoin the “other side” of fiat currencies or a modern-day tulip?

• Boyd says:

I don’t know. I do understand why a few are behind it. At first I was skeptical until my son sold 30 of them at $1015 a pop. I had to see his bank statement until then it was play dough money to me. He kept a few because he heard it may go to $10,000. I also read a Wall Street article that said it would go to $100,000 and Bank of America wrote an opinion on it.

All this in 4 years! I think we’ll know once people define it . A commodity or a currency. They’re saying for it to be a currency it has to trade at a very high price for stability.

• Trained Observer says:

Boyd … Glad your son profited. It will be fascinating to watch …

• LadyStClaire says:

NO charges will be filed against this serial criminal! what is with the state of Florida and, what is he holding over their heads in that wretched state?