10 Responses to Frog Gravy: Regret

1. colin black says:

I was a Mormon in Prison purely to receive free drinking chocolate an powdered milk supplys every week as part of the Mormon diet.

No tea or coffee .

It was also great when in seclusion as they take all reading material from you except your bible.

The book of Mormon is great reading as it starts of with an autobiography off Joseph Smith an how he came to be chatting with Angels an God an such.

How the sared golden tablets were reveailed to him an the sacred seeing black stones that magicaly translated the scripts for him into English from gibberish.

To this day the book of Mormon is the onlt holy book Ive read cover to cover.

In UK Prisons your door card has all your details D O B sentence expected liberation date ect

And your religion differing religions get differing coloured door cards prodestans an non beleivers ger white cards.

Jewish faith get light blue Muslims darker shade of blue Roman Cathlics get red cards.

Yellow for Hindu Green for Sheiks that’s as far as I can recall.

Oh Mormons was envelope brownish colour door cards .

The colour code was so the screws would know wich cells to unlock for what service was being held..

2. Erin Pascal says:

You are braver than any Catholics I’ve known. I know that it took a lot of courage for you to read those materials for the risk of getting hurt. I love the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, may it bring you peace and comfort always.

3. J4TMinATL says:

Beautiful art. I think this piece is my favorite!

4. crazy1946 says:

CS, I think it might surprise you to realize how many people actually look forward to your posts. You are a ray of sunlight on a cloudy day, the one that reminds us that things could always be worse and better things are to come… Thank you, simply for being you and allowing us to share in your thoughts and hopes….

5. Trained Observer says:

Frogs and tulips make a nice combo … no regrets, there. I also enjoyed the DonKey Hotey Frog Gravy art, and appreciate how you always source when you can.

• Thanks, and yes, this was a copy of a card I received, but I was unable to find the artist. DonKey Hotey does wonderful work, and is kind enough to put it in the public domain, creative commons for use, on flickr. I believe the artist is a woman.

Ditto – a beautiful prayer no matter what spiritual path a person aspires to.

In Tibetan Buddhism, it is said that anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to murder, murder leads to hell realms, and then back we go to rebirth again to make amends, so even tiny irritations are to be noted and transformed. The true nature of our minds (sort of a heart/mind in translation) is a union of compassion and wisdom – all else is a temporary illusion.

I treasure coming here early each day as to break from my work and reading your posts, Crane. Today is very special!

7. Sophia33 says:

Crane the Prayer of St. Francis is one of my favorites. I used to say it daily. Since I’m new this forum, I know little about you. Your story seems very interesting. I would love to here snippets.