Father remembers Jordan Davis

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Good morning to all of our friends.

On September 23rd, a little more than a month from now, Michael Dunn is scheduled to go to trial for the murder of 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

Dunn is charged with first degree murder.

From the Grio, here is Jordan Davis’s father remembering his son.

” He always wanted to be taller than me,” he laughs. “He was short by two inches. And he always wanted to make sure I knew that he could dance better than me. He loved music, he listened to a lot of different music, you know, he had to listen to R&B because I’m a Motown child. I grew up with Motown, so he listened to all of it. He knew the songs, from ‘My Girl’ on up. And then, I would have to listen to some of his music.”

Davis’ voice breaks a little. “He always liked to jump in the car no matter where I was going,” He says. “If he saw me getting ready to leave he’d say, ‘hold up dad’ and he would jump in the car he always just wanted to ride with me, anywhere, doesn’t matter. And that’s what I miss, you know? I miss that so much right now because sometimes I get in the car and emotionally I wait for him to jump in. And I know he’s not jumping in, but emotionally I sit there. I don’t get in the car and just pull off. I kind of get in the car and I wait a little bit. And I remember those times.”

If you have not read the discovery, you can read it here (144 page pdf document).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We thank everyone for their donations. Although the financial situation has improved, we remain uncomfortably close to the brink. If you can afford to and have not already done so, please take a few minutes to make a donation.

Producing articles every day and maintaining this blog requires substantial time and effort.

Consider where else will you see a story about Whitey Bulger, Operation Fast and Furious, the corrupting War on Drugs and the startling implications of Erwin Schrodinger’s cat?

Namaste

Fred

107 Responses to Father remembers Jordan Davis

1. Lonnie Starr says:

Reading… Well this case doesn’t involve the governor so there’s a better chance that justice might prevail, but I’m extremely skeptical. I don’t think it would be too difficult for the prosecutor to throw this case too. If they do, there’s nothing at all that can be done, so there is no barrier to them doing that at all.

2. silk says:

i wonder why is it taking so long for the feds to decide on zimmerman

• ay2z says:

Because they won’t touch him.

• Difficult for me to believe the decision has not been made, so I think they are waiting for the “best” opportunity for them to announce it. That does not bode well for us who seek justice for Trayvon.

: /

• ladystclaire says:

Professor, I’m thinking on the same lines as you are because, if they were going to charge him with anything, they have had enough time to investigate and do so. this shit is so so wrong because, first of all the state of Florida has already said that this kid’s life meant nothing and this is why he is walking free today. Now here we have the DOJ who will more than likely say the very same thing.

In the event that they do not charge him with committing a HATE crime against this child which is what he did, it will just prove my point about Obama being to concerned about, what those who already dislike him will say or do. this child deserves justice from someone. everybody in the world, saw just how shabby the prosecution acted in this trial and, their mission was certainly not to convict this child’s murderer.

Right now I have so much anger as well as “HATE” against those who were suppose to be this child’s voice/his advocate and, yet they were just going through the motions of giving him any hint of justice. Trayvon was innocent of all the lies that the defense got away with telling in an all out effort to smear him and make him out to be a damn criminal. I still don’t understand why it was so important, for them to tear his cell phone apart the way they did. seeing that he was the “VICTIM” in all of this, why was this necessary?

I wish Sybrina and Tracy would not concentrate so much on repealing SYG right now because, he didn’t walk by using that ignorant law. I feel that they should focus more on having everybody who had anything to do with that JOKE of an arrest and trial investigated. from the state house to the damn outhouse, these people need to be investigated and, charged accordingly. this should not be allowed to just go away because, what happened to that child should have never happened and, it was WRONG!

This murdering “THUG” had been seeing Trayvon in that neighborhood and, he knows it. there was a little group of the HOA which he should have never been a part of, since he wasn’t an owner, who did not want AA’s living in their neighborhood so what better way to get them to leave, than to accuse them of committing crimes within RTL. a good example of that was when Fogen accused the 16 year old kid of stealing his bicycle and, I doubt he even had one. this entire situation is a Travesty and, it doesn’t look good at all and neither does it speak well for this country.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

😥

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

I totally understand your justified emotions, ladystclaire!

3. ay2z says:

Crane!! Wecome back!! Enjoy a beat for wake up! (don’t know how we missed Jonah when we had our drum-fest on your b-day)

4. crazy1946 says:

The next court date for Shel-lie is Aug 21 (6 days from now), will the state of Florida complete the circle of Just-us for the Fogdoit family? Will they allow this guilty individual to walk free with no punishment? Then again, what does it matter, it seems as if the world has forgotten about this part of the criminal justice system that has the potential of at least administrating some small sign of punishment to this family of racists…. Several good things could come with a guilty verdict on the charge of felony perjury against Shel-lie, one of which no one seems to have considered. Upon conviction of a felony, she loses the ability to own, carry or possess a fire arm. This by itself is not a major problem, but consider that it causes a problem, in most instances, for the spouse of that individual, ie. they can not have their weapon in a location that allows access to a convicted felon.. Does that cause a problem for an individual that likes to carry it’s firearm (loaded!) in the glove box immediately in front of and accessible to the passenger, who in this case would be a convicted felon… Oh well, I suppose that we can all wait until the Fogdoit murders the next black child and then demand justice… it’s only a child right….

• ay2z says:

They can take into consideration, the effect of the lie on the outcome of the trial. There was no effect on the outcome of the trial either way.

They will not punish fogen by finding his wife guilty of lying to protect her loved one when no one was harmed by her actions, first offfense, not violent, justice system won’t hold her accountable, poor girl, she’s been trhough so much and she had to lie to keep her innocent cutie in a position to pay for his defense. (or esceape the country)

Does anyone wonder if Judge Lester saw where this case was going, and set himself up for cause for recusal by his review of the bond order with harsh criticism of the defendant’s actions?

Keeps his reputation intact, no further political damage, best result he could have wished, to have reason to step away..

• crazy1946 says:

ay2z, I suppose you are correct! The need for establishing an “open” season for black children must be met… I suppose there are way too many black children in Florida, so in an effort to control the spread of that plague, the good old boy judicial system needs to establish an open hunting season for the elimination of these pesky black children…. As a matter of need, perhaps we need to write Gov Scott and demand that the Fogdoit be given a pension from the state for providing the service of eliminating one thug from the state already and he should give bonus dollars for each additional thug he takes care of as well! So folks there it is in a nut shell, send all your unwanted black children to Florida for disposal, the state will not charge you one red cent for the service…. What a deal!!!!

• Deborah Moore says:

I was just wondering about Judge Nelson the other day. Was wondering if she’s had any professional backlashing from her sloppy judging of the z case. I haven’t seen or heard anything, but I’ve not been looking either.

5. Drew says:

How long before this grieving father is called a race hustler, labled an opportunist, or accused of seeking publicity / money / fame?

• crazy1946 says:

Drew, This case could remain relatively civil unless for some reason the political minded idiots become involved. The Frank T. comments did not bring the results he was hoping for, so perhaps a new phenomena might be in store for Florida, that being a case actually heard and tried based on the facts…. Wow, that is a scary thought, actual justice in Florida… Nah, that will never happen, right?

6. ay2z says:

Colin, for you…. from the banks of Loch Lomond

7. colin black says:

Erm sorry reposted a tirade Id already posted meant to cut an paste a you tube vt?

Erm wish I knnnew how to work thease things .

Lap Top that is.

I don’t have a Scooby doo what those buttons or keys are at top of key pad

Directly under the screen
    f2 f3f4f6 ect?

Don’t know how to make a comma

wich is no biggie as I don’t use them even when using pen an paper at wich Im far more fleunt than with this accursed keyboard,.

But my tounnge is by far my best communicater or at times my worst as I say what I mean an mean what I say.

An some people just cant handle the truth

Ive been described as ignorant by some as I don’t believe in small talk hello an pleasantries with friends an aquintances I know an get on with of coure.

An Im an amiable an genouous host to those I care for an no its reciprocated.

But I cant stand fake nicey nicey yes an over the top gushiness from practical strangers or actuaual strangers whom greet you sa if you were a long lost bff an had suddeny pooped up in front of yourn eyes.

I refuse to make small long or even polite chat with people I don’t know have no desire to know an if truth be known .

Thease over enthusiastic gushers think diddly squat about you an are only being overly smarmy for ulterior motives none of wich concers me or mines welfare.

An all to do with what they or there may benefit from you.

An if they sence nothing they drop you an the gushing false smiles are replaced with you suddenly becoming invisible.

Why would I waste my time or energy on frigging pretentious fools whom would not even be able to cohmprehend where Im comeing from or where we are going.

My betterhalf is totall opposite of me an is of the opine that she would rather meet 50 dickheads to find one or two genuine friends .

My response is fuck that for a game of soldiers lifes to short an people are to unpredictable why waste any time on them.

When all Anilmals are good an even the ornery ones are that way because of mistreatment by humans.

I prefer my Cats an when I was fit enough Dogs an Horses Birds Cockateils used to breed an Snakes Had an American Corn Snake died to years ago due to a cancerous tumour on her Kneck Also had a twelve foot golden python back in the mid Eightys had to end up giving it away to Edinburgh Zoo.

I lived in a converted primary sholl with those big cast iron radiaters the ones that were up an down youd see them in American movies with the brass fittings huge an sturdy very very heavy..

Golden Child Snake only used to love going up behing when the heating had been turned off.

But still heat an chill an sllep coild up an one day flexed an popped the entire radieter of the wall.

The weight half crashed it through the floor plus gallons an gallons of water were pouring everywhere .

An I had a down stairs neighbour.

Long story lots of shouting but still live with a snake than most humans any day.

Tarantuals gekos not as pets but when I lived in India ghekos were cherished an loved as they eat the mosquitoes an flies

I love Annimals trust them an know they love me back unconditionally.

People septin mw Wife an a few close friends nots so much.

Oh an you guys on Freds san Cranes Threads are nae to shabby

Erm what am I rambling on aboot Iv forgot

Ichs a braw bright moonlight night tae night sae it is .

Am nae awa to stay awa an am nae awa to leave ya an ittl nae be lang till ave ben gone till a came back tae see ya ken?

Its the Scots Au Revoir

8. colin black says:

The coward better not walk but if he does there will be no shock as that what the P T B want for aa to run amok ah la Rodney King foggage was just the primer to set the timmer ticking on a Race War they want thought as they think nought of the pain an shame of there insidious claim that not all peoples are created the same.

We are not the human race but a diverse populace some wom clearly don’t know there place.

Its just what they want post haste an another aquital of a guilty white man should be the final slap in the face that will get thease warrier jeaned niggas to wreck the place

An we know the snobs an bigot whites will look on in mock indignation an accuse there likes of ruining OUR great Nation .

Without ever knowing the true motivation of those that are craveing the disintergration in yours an every nation .

Is there un opposed elevation as the lords of all createion.

Frederick Leatherman says:

August 14, 2013 at 11:45 am

Bad news from Egypt

colin black says:

August 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Same old same old as far as Im concerned.
    Everyone knows the Armed Forces run Eygypt have done since Nassar was assassinated.Although he himself instigated a military coo Genral Nassar wanted to ultimately had government an true democracy to the People civilans of Eygypt for the First time.

Since the time of the Pharos they a great civilisation has never had a democracy.

The Army realised the power an wealth they had an assassinated Nassar using the defeat in the 6 day war as an excuse.

Real reason they had power an intended keeping it.So they stick a straw man alleged strong man dictator for fifty years as a puppet.

Arab Spring they sat back let him take the fall an then fax meaningless elections an business as useall.

Armed forces still in control ptesidents a show a scpe goat first one lasted fifty years second one five minutes.When you have a military dictarship by proxy as in the States an Eygypt theres not a lot the populace can do.

Only thing that can tip the status quo is armed intervention by a forign power whon moves in occupies said country an flushes trillions of dollors of recouses down the drain?

Deborah Moore says:

August 14, 2013 at 12:08 pm

It’s just awful. And, after last Spring, there was so much hope.
    I wonder if the people here in the US who have been encouraging taking their fight to the streets are watching.
    (I’m going to link up the Alan Watts piece and work on a little pj in the kitchen. Feed the good tree. Starve the bad tree.)

Two sides to a story says:

August 14, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Too many people, not enough food / energy to go around. We’ll see this multiplied around the world in coming years unless populations and climate and energy issues are brought under control.

colin black says:

August 14, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Not true not true atall.
    The majority of land mass on the planet is un used theres 6 billion people on EARTH .

Every single person on the planet could stand on Easter Island six billion of us could have one freaking sick open air concert with those Easter Island head statues as a back drop

Australia. Is huge a continent population 16 million all on a few major coastal citys.

A=ART FROM A FEW MINEING TOWNS INLAND MOST OF aUSRRALIAS INNER LAND IS BARREN AN EMPTY.

wE HAVE THE TECHNOLICY NOW AN HAVE HAD FOR FIFTY YEARS TO TRANSFORM DESSERTS WITH FRESH WATER .

wE COULD DESALINTE OCEAN WATER AROUND aUSTRALIS AN RANSFRM TRILLIONS OF DESOLATE WILDERNESS INTO HIGH YEALD WHEATS AN RICE AN FOOD PRODUCTION

wITH DISEASE RESISTANT STRAINS OF WHEAT COULD MAKE Australia THE BREAD BASKET OF THE WORLD.

wE COULD ALSO PRODUCE MORE PROTEIN THAN BEEF FARMING AT A FRACTION OF THE COST OR LAND IF WE FARMED OUR PROTEIN FROM INCECTS.

lOUCUSTS WIGGI BUGS EVEN MAGGAOTS ARE 100 PERCENT PROTEIN AN ZERO FAT.

rAISING A VIABLE BEEF STEAR HEARD TAKES SIX YEARS AN THEY CONSUME TONS AN TONS OF HIGH YEILD CALLTE FEED GRAIN.

tEN TIMES THE AMOUNT OF PROTEIN COULD BE HARVESTED EVERY SIX MONTHS IF WE USED INCECTS IN OUR DIET .

aN NOT ONLY THAT WE DONT HAVE TO FEED THEM MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF CATTLE FEED TO FATTEN EM UP.

jUST CHUCK IN A FEW DEAD ROD SIDE KILLS AN DEAD SHEEP ANY THINK DEAD CHICKENS ECT THAT DIE BY THE HUNDREDS IN BATTERY FARMS

iNCECTS ASINT FUSSED THEY WILL DEVOUR ANY DEAD MEAT HECH CHUCK IN OUR CONVICTED CHILD KILLERS FROM DEATH ROW.

tHEY CAN GIVE SUSTANCE TO THE COMUNITY WHEN INCECTS TURN THEM INTO PROtEIN THROUGH THERE LARVIE.

aN With the flauvourings they use in khworn ect today.

The icect protein could be made to taste feel smell an have the texture of the tenderess cut you’ve ever tasted.

End of food shortage over night is feasible an achievable .

Overpopulated is a myth lack of resourses is a myth.

wE DONT NEED OIL OR PETROL OR BATTERYS TO POWER CARS .

aIR COMPRESSED CAN DRIVE YOU 400 MILES ON TWO TANKS

tWO TANKS COMPRESSED AIR AN NO POLLUTION ONLY FRESH AIR.

tHIS IS FACT AIRPOWERED CARS EXISTED BEFORE PETRO CHEMICAL ENGINES AS DID STEAM POWER PRESSURE ENGINES WERE THE WAY TO GO BUT AIR STEAM AN WATER IS PLENTYFULL AN CHEAP .

oIL IS HARD TO GET SO EXPENSIVE TO PRODUCE THEN TO SELL AN ASO DESTRYS THE ENVIROMENT.

tHE ELITISTS DONT WANT AN END TO WANT AN HUNGER POVERTY DISEASE.

a POPULICE THAT ISNT SUBJIGATED KEPT IN THE THRALL OF BIG COPRATE JUGGERNAUTS.

iS NOT BEHOVEN TO BIG OLE COPRATE MOnOLITHS.

They have time to think sit shoot the breeze an dream of a better way a better fairer world.

The P T B some say illuminate some saye reptilian shapeshipters .

Are simply social pathic personalites with no empathy for others an ruthless an smart.

Very few phycopaths a murderers very very few infact the ration to us so called norms whom murder is higher than amongst phycopaths.

Phycopaths do well in politics an high pressued high powered jobs.

But when they do turn there hand to murder there exreamly competent at that also

They are few we are many

They are united bound so tight that although they number say less than fifty thousand to the billllions of us .

They act as a single entity each hand in glove lockstep with eachother.
    They have a symbiotic need to ensure they act with not even a hive like mentalty.

Don’t need to the act with a signle unified purpose as one.

As that keeps them on top/

Where as us we are dispritte some by choice some by nature but mostly because that’s the way Humans tend to be

Instead of embrasseing the bigger picture we want to tend for our own needs an wants an that’s the way we are able to be exploited .

The few constantly promote stratageys that will set different groups against each other.

Divide an conquer the oldest trick in the book for defeating a force that out numbers you.

The y use sexuall discrimination be it glass ceilings.

Sexuall harrasement Race an Religion is another big winner for them along with

Arming both sides of conflicts duering civil wars.

If they keep us the little people at each others throats with petty meaningless distractions .

Pro Gay anti Gay take the pay an just don’t say

Pro lifers pre anti birthers

Rock an Roll v Motown. Divas vs Shevas .

We are our own worst enemeys because we do the work of our oppresers for them.

All they do is sit back chuckle menisinglyy like Doctor Evil an release ther own little mini me s here an there to get the natives restless .

Gun right nuts are always good when you poke them.

Civil rights people to get them at each others throats an just keep riggin the votes an the jurys an on an on it goes.

I know what the solution is but if I told you I wouldn’t have to kill you.

But the same could not be said for moi.

9. riisey007 says:

This is off topic but it seems that the young lady Molly Young’s family is going through almost the same thing that Trayvon Martins parents have gone through. It seems they are not charging her boyfriend for her death and he has a father in the criminal justice system as well. Isn’t this something else just seeing how having someone in the justice system really helps keep you out of jail.

10. Deborah Moore says:

Sweetie Pies, All
    Cielo! crazyone! Elijah! (and all other sweeties…)
    Lovely to read your words and thoughts.
    Slowing down for the end of the day here.
    As I was feeling a bit Puny, I made a pot of chicken/vegetable soup for dinner. And, yes fresh biscuits.
    Here’s a little song so many love ’cause it’s just got a lot of wonderful words and insights – and from such youngsters.
    (And, it Jibes with the lessons from Alan Watts, I’m pretty sure.)

11. Elijah says:

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
    Abba Eban

12. commenting says:

Oh wow..go to yahoo people there is an article about a federal prosecutor twitter comment…pure racism…but what can u do?..there will always be racism…..

• commenting says:

or a Facebook comment??….people are evil..God is in control

• cielo62 says:

commenting~ no, god is NOT in control, which is why people have the free will to do evil. This moron is OF COURSE from Beaumont Texas, where no doubt numbnuts like zimmerman would feel at home. He will probably get a slap on the wrist from his fellow good ol’ boys who will tell him to NOT put that kind of stuff on ANY kind of social media. Well, DUH! I think he should be fired for being just plain stupid!

________________________________

• crazy1946 says:

cielo62, Any bets that he lives in Vidor, Tx., that’s right down the road from Beaumont….
          This playing single “mother” while living in a male body is hard… The kids are being great, but to an old man who is used to peace and quiet and all that, it is an adventure…

13. Deborah Moore says:

Just saying Hi while checking back after watching the Alan Watts lecture.
    Amazingly wonderful and he’s right, I think it really might be fun to go on playing. (And, laughing.)
    Thanks again.

14. ay2z says:

Hillsboro Oregon recruits.

Begs the question, what if that were not an elderly white woman with a disability, behind the door but someone as innocent and unsuspecting of the scenario about to unfold?

Let’s see them remake their viral ad.

(may I suggest a coffee clatch of a group of best friends, elderly white, black and in between, playing video games at peak volune, mixed races in their Wi gear. (or watching a Schwartzenegger action flick)

• WELL LET ME TELL YOU!!! There used to be 2 R&B clubs called the Sunset and another club on 182nd I think in that area in the 90s. When brothers would go to that club and the women that lived in the area would ask us for a ride home, the answer was hell nah because of the police out there. Screw profiling, they stopped and searched as a matter of procedure just to let you know you’re not welcome in Hillsboro or Beaverton in the early 90s. I’m sure its different now.

A Nigerian student, who was staying with of a friend of mine busted into his own apartment that him and his girlfriend were on a lease with because she changed the locks, knocking her down in the process and busting her face with the door. He then grabbed his book bag and left. After the incident she called the police on him. Prior to this incident she had a very shady relationship with him.

I was riding home with his roommate that he was staying with temporarily, when we got to the apartment, I saw 3 cop cars on the corner and when we pulled in the parking lot, it was every bit the scene you saw in the video and more. There was at least 8 cop cars(that’s a conservative number) and they had police dogs that were ready to eat me and shotguns aimed dead at me. I had to put my hands out the window and open the door from the outside. The entire apartment complex came out and looked.

After taking my identification, they still didn’t take their guns off me until he reassured them that I wasn’t their guy. There was another car group with us and we were all scared shitless at the aggressiveness of the police when they thought they had their man that they said beat up a white girl. When they were gone I was shaking because I was simply mad. In the end, the brother plead so he could stay in school and they gave him 30 days in jail and a year probation.

15. MichelleO says:

I feel like this: We’re living in a world where nobody cares. The apes have taken over the planet, and Taaffe is leading them. He’s getting prime time exposure because THIS is America. Many of us always knew this, but were always hoping the mainstream media would eventually become decent and modern and back us up. A 10-year-old in Florida was arrested and put in jail for four days under suspicion of the “rape” of a 4-year-old. As soon as I saw this, I knew it was an African American child. Nobody else in America get’s this treatment from adults in authority but African American children. Adults in America see black children as prime candidates for mistreatment and imprisonment. The great and grandparents of these modern day racists electrocuted a black child in 1944. Think it can’t and won’t happen again?

• Mary Davis says:

I understand everything you’re saying Michelle, but a line has to be dawned somewhere. How long do you think AA parents are gonna just sit and allow their children to be murdered and abused by the justice system. AA’s rebelled against slavery, so much so, that AA’s will never allow ourselves to be a slave again.

Now we are talking about our children. If we don’t do something to protect our children no one else will.

• ladystclaire says:

IMO, Florida is one shitty ass state and, I wouldn’t step one toe on the state line, let alone a whole foot. this is so shameful and, it’s also heartbreaking to know that they can do this to a ten year old child. this is where I blame the DOJ in this country and, I’ve resigned myself to the fact that, they are not going to do a damn thing to the acquitted murderer of Trayvon Martin either.

But, if you are a gay white male who was murdered because of your sexual orientation, then the DOJ will be all over your case of “INJUSTICE.” Obama as well as Holder, shouldn’t be so worried about how those who already dislike them, can dislike them anymore than they already do because, “THESE SICK ASS RACIST DO NOT WANT THEM IN THE WHITE HOUSE BECAUSE, THEY THINK THAT ONLY WHITE MEN HAVE THAT RIGHT.” the racist taunts and, crimes against AA are getting to be a regular occurrence in this country more and more everyday. SMH

16. Mary Davis says:

Jordan Davis’ murder is just as sad and bad as Trayvon’s. I don’t think I can take another injustice here. Something has got to be done about these vigilante killings of our children in Florida. How can the world do absolutely nothing and allow this to continue to happen, and the murderer go unpunished. We have signed petition upon petition, but to no avail. SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE.

I wonder just what will it take for the POTUS to step up to the plate and demand these SYG laws be outlawed, after all he is the POTUS. Now we might think we are fighting a losing battle, but I just know there is something that can be done, especially since I believe the MAJORITY want these SYG laws done away with.

I scratch my head because I know that if approached in the right manner, the MAJORITY always rules. I just hope and pray it does not take an act of war.

• Jasmine says:

We are not in an dictatorship so the POTUS cannot do anything. Don’t you remember when Bush inserted himself into the ordeal of a woman who was being starved and dehydrated to death? He wanted them to put her back on the feeding tube and IV but that didn’t happen…Terry Schiavo. So no the presidency does not give absolute power.

Schiavo’s husband ran the show and he didn’t want her to get rehab so she could recover. Wonder why, wonder why, why oh why? No guardian ad litem. No study on whether she could swallow, only a big political thing to preserve her husband’s control over both her and the money that resulted from her ahem “un”-timely (husband’s girlfriend’s baby already born) death.

• Girlp says:

Her autopsy revealed that her brain mass had shurnk to the point it had no function the only part of her brain that worked was the most primitive part I think the brain stem, the parts of the brain that controls wake sleep patterens(she was not awake or asleep) her heart beat etc. The part of her brain that controls swallowing, memory, thought, physical feelings, emotional feelings sight, hearing was I hate to say this but dead tissue. Her husband agreed with her parents until he went to school to become a RN when he learned about brain function, that’s when he changed his mind and decided to fufill her wish for her loved ones to let her go if she ever was in the state she was in. I totally understand that her parents did not want to let her go, I had to let my mother go it was the hardest and most painful thing to do but I knew signing the DNR.

• Jasmine says:

She died a horrible death, a death that even a convicted killer would not have been given no matter how heinous the crime. I don’t think that you would have killed your mother that way. And they had to nerve to imprison Dr. Kevorkian, no he was giving mercy to people.

• Girlp says:

Jasmine she could not feel hunger or pain, those centers of her brain were no longer functioning.

• Jasmine says:

He sure did run the show and it angered me that Mrs. Schiavo had to die the way she did. Starved and dehydrated to death. That had to have been a hard way to go. Plus he had I think 2 children by someone else. He needed her to die so he could move on. He had more ulterior motive than what he wanted us to think. Why not give her an overdose of morphine, that would have been more humane than what they did to her? Bush tried to intervene and for once I agreed because that was cruel to kill her that way. It did not work which goes to show that the office of the presidency comes with limitations, as I was trying to say.

• Girlp says:

If i”m ever in the state Terri Schiavo was in I hope my family will let me go because my spirit is gone my body just exsists, there is no interaction because I can’t hear or see or feel pleasure, pain or hunger then it’s time to let me live in the spritual realm. I understand how people felt but after learning how the brain fuctions I realized that Mrs. Schiavo was no longer here there was nothing that could be done for her.

• cielo62 says:

Jasmine- it was Jeb Bush that interfered. He wanted to CONTINUE the useless life extending torture. Even then I said I would never do that horrible extension for an animal! Why let such cruelty be done to a human? The answer was selfishness. Nobody wanted to accept responsibility for pulling the plug. They hid behind the lie of “god’s will”. But refusing to make a decision is a decision in itself. Those people were evil and selfish.

Sent from my iPad

• Jasmine says:

She was interacting but still to be starved to death? Have you ever gone without food and just had water for 3 days? You start to feel lethargic. It feels awful. No that is cruel and unusual punishment. And George Bush, the Supreme court, House of Reps, and the Senate stepped in to no avail. Believe me I remember that. That was awful and it did not need to happen. She hung on for weeks. No I am sorry but even an animal isn’t starved to death to be euthanized are they? Uh No.
            Besides I said the manner of death was horrible not that she should have been stuck in that state forever. That is what is important and the fact that the office of the president does give him carte blanche to do what he wants. No matter what. We have a system of checks and balances to make sure that no branch of the government is more powerful than the other. So the Potus isn’t all powerful.

• Girlp says:

Jasmine the autopsy shows she was not interacting, her brain shrunk to 615G half it’s weight it did not fuction at all, her brain stem at the base of her brain controlled her sleep wake cycles(open and closing her eyes), body movements were not voulntary, she did not feel hunger or pain she was no longer with us she was in an oddly unusual place. Her parents were seeing what they wanted to see and her husband was granting her wishes according to him. I read the autopsy as explained by a neurologist. I don’t believe any doctor would allow someone to die like this unless they knew the person would not feel pain.

• aussie says:

h yes they do. Because it’s the easy way out — certain death and no drugs they can be blamed for.

17. colin black says:

Typical Teen loved to cruise an listen to music

An for this he met his death .

At the hands of a raceist bigot whom thought listening to rap would render him deaf.

So full of hate he could not wait for the gasoline to run nothing would spoill his fun

He was going to make thease jumped up niggas run an then some as he to carefull aim an emptied his GUN.

Come on hun we better dash I don’t want to be about in case of a crash forget the cash.I bet they where smokeing hash.

Did you see the surprise in then niggas eyes when I showed them the gun an its size.

They wont talk to there betters like that again .Oh how I despise those blackboys cries an loved the fear in there eyes.

Lets get home hun an have more fun after wedding celebrations have only just begun.
    My sons been wed an Ive sent at least one nigga home dead..

• colin black says:

Same old same old as far as Im concerned.

• Deborah Moore says:

It’s just awful. And, after last Spring, there was so much hope.

• colin black says:

Not true not true atall.

lOUCUSTS WIGGI BUGS EVEN MAGGAOTS ARE 100 PERCENT PROTEIN AN ZERO FAT.

aN With the flauvourings they use in khworn ect today.

End of food shortage over night is feasible an achievable .

Overpopulated is a myth lack of resourses is a myth.

wE DONT NEED OIL OR PETROL OR BATTERYS TO POWER CARS .

aIR COMPRESSED CAN DRIVE YOU 400 MILES ON TWO TANKS

tWO TANKS COMPRESSED AIR AN NO POLLUTION ONLY FRESH AIR.

tHE ELITISTS DONT WANT AN END TO WANT AN HUNGER POVERTY DISEASE.

a POPULICE THAT ISNT SUBJIGATED KEPT IN THE THRALL OF BIG COPRATE JUGGERNAUTS.

iS NOT BEHOVEN TO BIG OLE COPRATE MOnOLITHS.

The P T B some say illuminate some saye reptilian shapeshipters .

Phycopaths do well in politics an high pressued high powered jobs.

They are few we are many

They act as a single entity each hand in glove lockstep with eachother.

Don’t need to the act with a signle unified purpose as one.

As that keeps them on top/

The y use sexuall discrimination be it glass ceilings.

Sexuall harrasement Race an Religion is another big winner for them along with

Arming both sides of conflicts duering civil wars.

Pro Gay anti Gay take the pay an just don’t say

Pro lifers pre anti birthers

Rock an Roll v Motown. Divas vs Shevas .

We are our own worst enemeys because we do the work of our oppresers for them.

Gun right nuts are always good when you poke them.

I know what the solution is but if I told you I wouldn’t have to kill you.

But the same could not be said for moi.

18. This is so sad. A parent should never have to face losing a child under any circumstances and when they are taken away by the hands of another makes it so much worse.

OT, but I’m following a case out of Georgia where 17 year old Kendrick Johnson was found beaten, dead, and wrapped in wrestling mats in his high school gym. No arrest, no forensic lab work done, no scene photos, scene trampled by many who were at the school, police ruled out foul play. The parents are now awaiting the results of an independent autopsy scheduled to be released at the end of this month.

If anyone’s interested, here’s a link [trigger warning re photo taken by funeral home]:

So this kid goes to the gym, beats himself up, rolls up in a mat, and stands the mat up like it’s been put away. He has magical powers and probably bring himself back to life – if only.

• HeresLookingatYOU says:

what kind of cops are on this case.. no foul play… just hang a sign out.. and say…
        we just don’t really give a —- about this kid or this case…

19. Tzar says:

*heartbreak*

20. stupid question of the week here…but as far as contributions are concerned can i ask how much others are contributing? I am now a single mum and couldn’t even afford to have my phone on or pay child care so i had to drop out of uni mid semester….it has been hard for me to even keep a roof over our heads. I have always wondered how much people give because i would like to contribute somehow but don’t know if my paltry contribution would help. thanks

21. HeresLookingatYOU says:

I just can’t imagine walking in this fathers shoes… And no one should have to.
    Florida will erupt if this murderer also gets away.

• Xena says:

Maybe a huge sink hole — one that starts in the center of the State and expands outward.

• HeresLookingatYOU says:

works for me…

• Yorazigo says:

Hey, you guys – lots of innocents here in Florida!

• Trained Observer says:

Am surprised do-gooder Fogen didn’t emerge from shadows near the sinkhole to save and comfort those evacuated from the resort property.

• ladystclaire says:

@Xena, another Katrina in the state of injustice and corruption, will be just fine with me. The state of Florida needs to feel the wrath of GOD coming down on their unfairness and corruption.

Can somebody please tell me, why did they dismantle Trayvon’s phone the way they did and, what in the hell were they looking for?
        Angela Corey should be voted out come election in that state. she knew damn well that she was not going to convict this bastard and, I honestly believe, that she as much as told him so when he drove to Jacksonville, to talk to her since she supposedly refused to take his calls. I do not believe that for one moment, that she didn’t talk to him.

This entire arrest and trial was nothing but a damn “JOKE.”

• pat deadder says:

ladystclair says this entire arrest and trial was nothing but a damn JOKE.I agree with everything you said.I believe Angela Corey talked to fogen.
          I want to know what cases BDLR won.They were probably ones where the accused was represented by overworked Public Defender.Or were the accused black because he certainly didn’t try to win this one.
          Why are fogen’s phone records sealed.I think they prove he is a racist.Hope DOJ has them.I don’t think BDLR knew he had to lose in the beginning because he tried to bring up fogen’s text messages in the beginning.I can hear AC now no no Bernie we need to lose this one.Disgusting.

• YQ says:

Orlando and Lake City can fall inwards and I wouldn’t care, just leave the beaches.

Here’s a little off-topic piece. What Fogen should have looked like had Trayvon done everything Fogen claimed he did.

PS – And the FL justice system and jury should have had the balls to tell Fogen he got what he deserved after profiling, pursuing, and accosting Trayvon Martin.

• Drew says:

I dunno man. I’ve had my head slammed a couple of times before getting up and fighting in a more opportune position, and it was pretty painful. Also I was dizzy and vision was blurry / blacking out.

I feel like after 20-30 head bashes (as GZ claimed all over the country), his head would have looked like a crushed melon and he would have been dead, not aiming guns at kids and making phone calls, walking around the police station with zero injuries.

Unless I was just a really weak teenager, and GZ is Superman! As most right-wingers would claim actually!

Point is, he got bashed a total of zero times, yet our “liberal” media, biased in favor of blacks, pushed his 20-30 times story like it was plausible / true.

When are irresponsible gun carriers going to see the dreadful damage they do to people’s lives?

• pat deadder says:

Two sides When are the pathetic racists going to be shamed out of existence I don’t understand,I don’t understand..I can’t bear to think of the pain this Father is going through.

24. cielo62 says:

Another child gone too soon.