Indictments in Boston Marathon bombing case

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Good afternoon to all of our friends:

This will be a short post because I have been helping Crane get ready for her trip to Seattle and still have to get her to the airport on time.

USA Today reports:

A federal grand jury has charged two college friends of the alleged Boston Marathon bomber with obstructing the investigation into the April 15 attack that killed three people and injured scores of others.

Dias Kadyrbayev, 19, and Azamat Tazhayakov, 19, both citizens of Kazakhstan living in New Bedford, Mass., on student visas, were charged Thursday with conspiring to obstruct justice and obstructing justice with the intent to impede the Boston Marathon bombing investigation. The indictment replaces original charges filed May 1 against the friends. If convicted of both counts, the men could face up to 25 years in prison and deportation.

Prosecutors say Kadyrbayev, Tazhayakov and another friend retrieved alleged bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s backpack from his dorm room and tossed it in the trash after finding evidence that Tsarnaev had bomb-making material, including fireworks.

I will check-in after I return.

Thanks for the donations, but please keep them coming because we are not out of the woods yet.

Fred

18 Responses to Indictments in Boston Marathon bombing case

1. Rachael says:

how long is she gonna be in Seattle? id love to meet up!

2. Tzar says:

oops these were meant for the corn thread

3. Tzar says:

at some point we can’t be mad at Taafee
    why be mad at Taafee
    there is a Taafee somewhere all the time, we’d have to be mad all the time.

all we can do is get away from a Taafee and that includes not listening to what a Taafee says and certainly not helping a Taafee keep saying what he says by giving a Taafee ratings and money.
    but we must keep thinking about Taafees, because they are out there and have an agendum, that is toxic and deleterious to each and everyone of US, so therefore we must have an agendum that is toxic to Taafees.

4. Tzar says:

Sounds like an audition to me
    Rush ought to be concerned

5. crazy1946 says:

Hmmm, sure is quiet here? Did we die and go to blog heaven?

6. MedicineBear says:

Here’s a clip and link to an interesting article from AlterNet / By Steven Rosenfeld:

10 REASONS LAWYERS SAY FLORIDA’s LAW ENFORCEMENT THREW AWAY GEORGE ZIMMERMAN’s CASE

A growing chorus of attorneys and analysts say Zimmerman didn’t face anything like a serious trial.

Florida law enforcement, from the local police to the special prosecutor overseeing the Trayvon Martin case, did not want to see George Zimmerman convicted of murder and deliberately threw away the case, allowing their prosecution to crumble. A growing chorus of attorneys and analysts who know jury trials and courtroom procedure say this is the inescapable conclusion to be drawn from the parade of otherwise incoherent missteps by George Zimmerman’s prosecutors . . . .

• Lonnie Starr says:

Yep, they threw the case, jeopardy only attached in technical terms, because it certainly was not present in the case. Not only did the nation see it, but the entire world as well. I kind of suspect that Russia’s new gay laws were passed, just to watch America whine and spew the usual proverbs. A political gambit that pays big dividends for Russia, as the world hears America rant heroic words of morals she does not follow herself.

With this kind of consensus in the legal profession, the Justice Dept needs to do something and quick! They cannot allow the nation and the world to think that the law is powerless to do justice, no matter how obvious the failings might be.

7. elijah says:

Roll out those lazy hazy crazy days of summer, days of hot dogs and pretzels and beer. Nat King Cole

8. annahkonda says:

Deborah, I need to lighten up. I haven’t had a sense of humor since the verdict, but I’ll get there.

• Deborah Moore says:

OK. Be well.
      Remember The Bell.
      And, you know it’s a great big world out there. Really Big.
      (And, not everyone is an A-hole.)

9. annahkonda says:

What is the challenge? Skin flicks aren’t my bag.

• Deborah Moore says:

I don’t even have a camera on my computer.
      It was kind of a joke, anna.
      Sorry. Blog fail on my part.

10. Deborah Moore says:

Instead of living on a wing and a prayer, I’ll offer a challenge and a promise.
    For every person who can spare a ka-ching for the power bill, I will take off my t-shirt. Right here on the internet.

11. crazy1946 says:

present

12. Deborah Moore says:

Vaya Con Dios, Rachel.
    I bet you can’t wait to hug your momma, if that’s who you are going to visit. My son is in the air right now, winging it to DC to visit his sister for 3 weeks. I’m stuck here. And, his fabulous sister bought his ticket or he’d be stuck here too, ’cause I got no money, honey.
    Times are tough and we should all help each other. If everyone can send just a smidgen, it adds up.
    So, this is like an online Rent Party, or it could be…hint, hint.

Happy Trails, Crane!