Porcelain Unicorn and The Butterfly Circus

posted by Crane-Station

Good morning! Wishing everyone a relaxing and safe Fourth. If you live in a town with spectacular fireworks, I enjoy hearing about that.

While Fred works on his post for today, I will put up two beautiful and short inspirational films. Porcelain Unicorn has less than ten words, and is one of the best investments of three minutes I have ever seen.

By reader request this morning, I am re-posting the beautiful short film called The Butterfly Circus, in case you missed it:

Finally, while we are on the topic of very touching film, this is actually a 49-second ad, that was also award-winning:

I love films and film clips as you know, and for inspiration, these are a few of my favorites.

Today’s post from Fred? May have to do with whether or not GZ will testify. I am and have been wondering what he has to gain, or lose, by testifying, and will be interested in reading the discussion.

33 Responses to Porcelain Unicorn and The Butterfly Circus

1. fauxmccoy says:

crane – i don’t know where you find this stuff, but thank you. it does my heart good.

blessings,
    f.

2. Xena says:

Crane-Station. Love the clips and movies you shared.

Last week I caught a movie I had not seen previously. It’s a Showtime movie and looks like all trailers and clips have been scrubbed off YouTube. The title is “Blind Faith” and stars Charles Dutton, Corey B. Vance and Lonette McKee.

The movie involves various social issues surrounded by a capital murder case. Vance plays a lawyer who starts in current times and then takes viewers back to 1957 to show what happened to frame his current thoughts and activities. At the end, I thought it had been produced in 2012 but was wrong — the movie was released in 1998.

It is currently on Showtime.

If you read reviews, they do little justice to the film in terms of addressing all of the social issues in the movie.

3. disappointed says:

Crane thanks for adding to this blog. I get to cry over here and voice my disgust over there.
    On a side note I missed your commentary while you were away. You remind me of my best-friend. Very blunt, will drop the f bomb whenever she deems necessary and handles ignorance very badly. 🙂 I do wish I were like her more often. I doubt that I would have high blood pressure. Some people take issue with it, I don’t because it just shows the honesty from within, imo.

4. crazy1946 says:

Mz Crane-Station, thank you for starting off our days with such inspirational works of art! I think it is/was a break that we all needed to open our eyes to what is really important in this short journey thru life that we have embarked upon! Your word have been missed recently and some of us have been concerned because we have heard none of your words of wit and wisdom in a while! Have a wonderful and peaceful day, enjoy each day as it were to be your/our last….
    (((((((hug)))))))

Between the end of the trial looming up and these films, you’ve got me in tears this morning. I’m swearing with the parrot!

Hoodies up!

6. Rachael says:

OMG that ad has me in tears. That is beautiful! I saw the Butterfly Circus the other night and sent it to my son. Very inspirational. I’m going to now watch your other one.

Thank you so much!

7. smokeegyrl says:

unfortunately, cancer is what my cousin died of and presently my brother has been diagnosed with and has refused chemo so we don’t know how long he has, he refuses to discuss and what I am now being tested for. I’m not claiming it.

Make sure you turn around, you tell each one of your family members you love them every single day. If you are not the type to say I love you, learn how to say it. Don’t say, “they know! Learn how to give hugs, every single morning before they leave for work or school, teach them that it is okay to give a hug. If you are not the type to give a hug, LEARN HOW! Because you never know how long your love has left on this earth wishing you could of gave to say that last I love you or that last hug.

• I am very sorry to hear of this about your brother and his difficult choice to refuse chemo, as well as your cousin, who passed away. Given the family history, it is so good that you are being tested and we wish you the best outcome.

Thank you for your comment. Regret is one of the most difficult things there is, to live with.

Thanks again.

8. Heads up: Fred is considering disabling the ‘rate this’ Troll Meter.

All a y’all Trolls is fired!

Although options are running out for the trolls, you are more than welcome to place your rambling, incomprehensible drunken insults and comments into the spam filter, where I am certain we can think up ways to sort out our, um…issues, LOL:

• Xena says:

Heads up: Fred is considering disabling the ‘rate this’ Troll Meter.

Personally, I am happy to hear this. That’s right — take away troll power.

9. The parrot is swearing like a goat herder. And he didn’t get it from me!

He didn’t roost enough last night, because the early firecrackers scared him, poor thing.

• Rachael says:

My dog too – although I don’t know if she’s actually swearing, but she might be.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

Your parrot must be very entertaining!

• Yes, he is. He plots, plans, and orders us around. If you remember the Three Stooges, he does the wub wub wub, better than Curley. Funny thing about his talking is, it’s not just mimicking. He says things that are in context, and he is also capable of deception. A remarkable bird. However, African Greys are not warm and cuddly like the cockatoos or the macaws. They are the puppy dog parrots.

• parrot says:

Thank you for posting the films. They are well done and acted.
      I had to find out more about that beautiful man who plays the ring master, Eduardo Verastegui. WoW!

Meanwhile, on behalf of all parrotdom, I would like to apologize for Kikko. You don’t pick your kinfolk. He always did have a wild streak in him, and nothin’ that mom and pop ever learned him, stuck.

Don’t tell him I wrote this, ’cause he’ll just reply that I can stick my apology where the sun don’t shine.

We still love him, but I want you to know that while he may not have learned it from you, he certainly didn’t learn it at home either!

Humbly,
      Parrot

10. Trained Observer says:

Thanks so much, Crane-Station.

11. Tzar says:

interesting video (unicorn)

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

I just watched “Butterfly Circus”, Crane.

So moving and inspirational!

Thanks for sharing such an uplifting video. I look forward to viewing the other two.

12. MedicineBear says: