Calling Mark O’Mara’s Bluff

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Good afternoon:

I doubt that the defense has retained an expert who will testify that the defendant uttered the shriek that ended with the gunshot for the simple reason that everyone in their profession in the world would thereafter know they had committed perjury.

The defense has had one year to find and endorse an expert witness. Yet they have not done so.

Mark O’Mara claims that he has an expert who disagrees with Dr. Reich, but he has not identified the expert or produced a copy of the expert’s report.

I think he is bluffing and I am calling his bluff.

Who is your expert, Mr. O’Mara?

Let’s see his Curriculum Vitae and written report.

_________________________________________________

Writing articles every day and maintaining the integrity and safety of this site from people who would like nothing better than to silence us forever is a tough job requiring many hours of work.

If you like this site, please consider making a secure donation via Paypal by clicking the yellow donation button in the upper right corner just below the search box.

Fred

152 Responses to Calling Mark O’Mara’s Bluff

1. Please forgive me for asking what might be obvious questions to many of you. I haven’t been able to keep up with all the reporting about the case due to an increased workload as of late. I was under the impression that O’Mara had wanted to eliminate the voice analysis experts and had submitted a motion for the same. Did Judge Nelson rule on that? If so, I missed her ruling. If not, is O’Mara now saying he wants to include the voice analysis experts? How the hell could he find a legitimate expert in such a short time period who would provide a report on the same that would stand up in court? Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

• The defendant filed a motion for a Frye hearing regarding the admissibility of expert testimony identifying the 2 voices in the background of the 911 call. The State responded claiming that a Frye hearing is not required because the technology used by its experts is not new or novel scientific evidence. The motion is scheduled for argument on May 28th @ 9 am EDT.

If Judge Nelson grants the motion, she will schedule the Frye hearing sometime before June 10th.

I believe she will deny the motion on the ground that the defense has not made a sufficient showing to hold a hearing.

2. Lonnie Starr says:

The state of Florida is littered with audiologists, and it’s not a very high paying profession. So, finding a qualified expert should not be very hard. I’d be very surprised it O’Mara’s allowance of 5 to 6 k would not allow him to hire several audiologists.

Therefore I’ll have to side with the Professor on this issue, O’Mara cannot find an audiologist who is willing to deliver a favorable report.

Apparently the Knox affair made the rounds with forensic experts, advising them to stand clear of high profile cases, where only the most “desirable” testimony is tolerable in exchange for the fee. Thus they reason why accept a paltry few dollars and ruin what could otherwise be a long and profitable career? They can still mash up employer favorable results in the many low profile cases and make a good living doing so.

Meanwhile as a result of his failed foray into this case Mr. Knox is no longer accepting comments on his blog, and he’s constantly altering his website in a desperate effort to stay afloat. My guess is, he must be experiencing major troubles, on account of the self impeachment materials he foolishly generated.

@Lonnie Starr.

It’s still my impression that a Zidiot provoked Knox to bully LLMPapa, and Knox ended up looking like a fool for taking the bait. Hopefully, he’s talked to a lawyer about his legal options.

• cielo62 says:

Xena~ Forgive my density, but WHAT “legal options”? Knox was stupid enough to throw down a challenge that he couldn’t defend. He got his metaphorical ass kicked! There’s nothing illegal about that. Knox was arrogant enough to take on an internet “amateur” on the advice of some OTHER stupid people, and WHAM! LLMPapa showed who was the REAL amateur! I don’t see any legal recourse for Knox. Am I missing something?

• Xena says:

@cielo62. I don’t see any legal recourse for Knox. Am I missing something?

Certainly, Knox was contributory, but if he was indeed provoked by a Zidiot, then Knox MIGHT have legal options because the Zidiot knew, or had good reason to know, that his agenda was to use Knox to denigrate LLMPapa. IDK, but if it were me, I would consult with legal counsel.

• Knox is pulling a George Zimmerman. He attacks, he’s losing and now he wants to pull out a lawyerweapon and shoot LLMPAPA. While I know TM wasn’t fighting, you definitely get the idea.

• cielo62 says:

Lonnie~ I scoped out his website after reading your post. Under “Books and DVDs” there is NO MENTION of his Martin/Zimmerman book AT ALL! OH yeah! Scuttled, walked it back, disavowed it and is now trying to forget it! THAT is a good lesson for “experts” who try to frame only part of a story as “the truth.”

• Lonnie Starr says:

Yes, this was supposed to be an “easy piece”, the Big Kahuna with a fancy website, a pile of degrees and a few fancy words to bandy about and bingo blamo, the yokels are supposed to fold like wet cardboard, leaving him to sweep up the spoils.

Instead the laymen stood by their guns! They failed to believe that a “schoolboy ruler” had inches that were any different than any ruler Mr. Big Kahuna could use. Then we researched his claimed degrees and found his claims to be inflated, while the man who was the main target of his “biofidlic cardboard” LLMPapa, struck back with videos illustrating why Mr. Knox was wrong. At the same time we discovered that Mr. Knox had misapplied “photogrammetry” in ways the inventor/discoverers never intended it to be used and actually described as being just plain wrong.

Could a man of degrees and letters have misunderstood what laymen could so easily grasp? Well, I’ll bet his clients are grappling with that question, while his opponents are scrambling to file for relief, using this self created impeachment material, that appears to show this “expert” is quite the “error tolerant” fellow. (We do so love our Queensbury rules).

• Jun says:

Knox has been harassing the victim since the beginning. I remember a poster repeatedly using the gravity theory and now there is actual physical proof his theory is not possible. Forensics is lot more than just about money, it is about honor amongst scientists to be truthful and factual with their sciences. Knox is an obvious phony and a perversion of justice and nothing more than a snake oil salesman who is easily disproved. I hope he gets taken down as he should be.

3. crazy1946 says:

If it were not for the tragic death of a young person, this whole case would have been perfect for a made for television sitcom! I don’t think a screen writer could have made a better script than we have seen come out of the mouths of the defense (?) team. I have actually come to the conclusion that even MOM does not believe what he says is true, and if you watch his eyes and his body language it tells off on him quite well…. I predict someone will make a lot of money out of the made for tv series based on this case. I only hope it is not the Fogen or his evil family..

4. fauxmccoy says:

5. Xena says:

COUNTDOWN. LLMPapa on the case.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

In this video Mark Osterman makes a very strong statement.

No doubt this underlying wisdom will be on the minds of the members of the jury, and it will influence them throughout the court proceedings.

Mark Osterman asserts:

>I would have said to him, under NO circumstances would you get out of your car. That’s not your job.

@Yahtc.

Mark Osterman asserts:

That is why GZ cannot prevail on a claim of self-defense.

Trevor Dooley learned the hard way. If not but for the fact that he left his driveway/garage and went to the basketball court because David James mouthed off to him, the two would not have come into physical contact.

If not but for the fact that GZ left his vehicle and followed Trayvon, because Trayvon ran, the two would not have come into physical contact.

• Rachael says:

Mark Osterman gives me the creeps. I do not like him. Yet even he (being GZ’s best friend) is reasonable enough to get it.

• Rachael says:

It’s called proximate cause – and but for is the test for proximate cause and even Osterman gets it – apparently GZ did not learn it in school: An act from which an injury results as a natural, direct, uninterrupted consequence and without which the injury would not have occurred.

Proximate cause is the primary cause of an injury. It is not necessarily the closest cause in time or space nor the first event that sets in motion a sequence of events leading to an injury. Proximate cause produces particular, foreseeable consequences without the intervention of any independent or unforeseeable cause. It is also known as legal cause.

To help determine the proximate cause of an injury in Negligence or other tort cases, courts have devised the “but for” or “sine qua non” rule, which considers whether the injury would not have occurred but for the defendant’s negligent act. A finding that an injury would not have occurred but for a defendant’s act establishes that the particular act or omission is the proximate cause of the harm, but it does not necessarily establish liability since a variety of other factors can come into play in tort actions.

Some jurisdictions apply the “substantial factor” formula to determine proximate cause. This rule considers whether the defendant’s conduct was a substantial factor in producing the harm. If the act was a substantial factor in bringing about the damage, then the defendant will be held liable unless she can raise a sufficient defense to rebut the claims.

• Tzar says:

thank you Rachael I enjoyed reading that

• Rachael says:

Very powerful.

• FactsFirst says:

somebody should do a video of gz saying “Shut The F**K up! Your gonna die tonight motherF’er” and Trayvon screaming “NOOOO”….. damning… thought provoking…

6. ChrisNY~Laurie says:

SD is now saying that one of his two DD’s is the friend that wrote the letter to Sybrina for witness 8. (His Keyser Soze)…Delusional.

Now, back to realty…I have a couple of questions.

Why haven’t we seen any reciprocal discovery? I’d like to see what the defense has turned over to the State. Do we not get to see reciprocal discovery?

The Defense has expert witness’ that they would like to call via video conferencing at the next hearing, and filed a motion for approval. Does the Judge approve or deny this motion before the next hearing date or wait and tell them during the hearing when she gets to that motion? I haven’t even seen a motion in reply from the State yet, so maybe they have no objections to this. I don’t see how they don’t considering the defense did not name these experts, unless they did through emails or something.

7. kllypyn says:

Common sense which seems to be a rear commodity these days,Says the one screaming obviously wasn’t the man with the gun in his hands. I predict the instant they hear those screams. Zimmerpunk’s fate will be sealed.

8. Trained Observer says:

Expert auto witnesses with their power-point presentations aside — no matter how enlightening or compelling — I’m convinced that jurors will listen to the scream tape and draw the only conclusions anyone with common sense could possibly make.

9. willisnewton says:

I hate to be the fly in the ointment here but IMO the question of who is heard on the 911 recording seems to me like one that won’t be answered at trial, but rather debated back and forth inconclusively. The fact that the FBI weighed in at one point to say the quality of the recording was not good enough will be a point the defense can raise to introduce “reasonable doubt” into whatever conclusions a state’s expert presents.

I’ve listened to the 911 call as much as anyone, and I can’t make out who is calling out. (of course I’ve never heard Trayvon’s voice, either.)

Instead I see the argument that it’s Trayvon calling for help as one that the state is going to present to convince SOME jurors that the defendant is guilty. These jurors are going to deliberate with the others, some of whom will be convinced by other means of the defendant’s guilt. Together, they will all reach the conclusion that something besides what GZ claims is what happened. And that’s enough.

In other words, there may be no “slam dunk” that ALONE proves GZ is guilty but there is a confluence of circumstantial evidence that will accumulate as the prosecution presents it’s case. The final tipping point which a jury will see as the most convincing argument is going to be the fact that GZ has no credibility.

The mere fact that GZ sticks to his tale of being instructed to move, and then getting out of his car to look for a street sign is enough for a lot of people to laugh out loud and exclaim, “of course he’s guilty!”

He’s a proven liar.

Again, what George says happened is impossible. Ergo, something else happened. And that means if it wasn’t self defense, then it was at the least manslaughter, and probably murder 2.

• kllypyn says:

I assume you have heard a teenagers voice. Trayvon was a teenager you know.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

gz claimed that he said, “Help ME.”

All that I have ever heard is just the word “Help” desperately repeated over and over again.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

I listened to the reenactment again, and gz might have just said he screamed “help”. It is a bit hard for me to tell at timestamp 4:08+

• ay2z says:

Yes, in Xena’s video that points this out, it’s ‘he’…. definitely a hard E sound as in ‘He’ called out for help.

• Xena says:

@ay2z. I just embedded LLMPapa’s video where he focused on GZ saying “he” yelled out for help. Yeah — big difference between saying “I yelled out for help” as opposed to “he yelled out for help.”

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

My mistake…..at 4:44 he claims he said just “help” not help me.
        Professor, you can erase all of this I have written.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

At 4:47, gz said “He put his hand on HIS nose”

It is very apparent that gz in his head is replaying struggle from the the night before but randomly reverses roles and makes things up when it suits his purpose.

I think gz tried to shut up Trayvon’s cry for help by covering Trayvon’s mouth. Otherwise, why that Freudian slip?

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

Yes, ay2Z, in one of the audio interviews, gz does slip and say, “HE cried for help” and Serino was quick and said, “Who cried for help?”

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

Great, thanks for posting your video, Xena.

• Rachael says:

Can someone do something where they put where GZ initially when talking with was it Serino? said it wasn’t him, didn’t even sound like him together with that nasty lying smirk-face one with Hannity?

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

That would be a good video, Rachael.

• diary73 says:

Did the FBI say the identification of he one screaming was inconclusive, or was it a retired FBI agent? I did not think the FBI weighed in on this issue yet.

@diary73.

I’m glad you brought this up. There are two different tapes; two different issues. Zidiots took one and applied it to the other so that the significance became hidden.

The recording that the FBI listened to and found that the quality was insufficient to determine what was being said was the “coon” issue. That issue fell under federal jurisdiction regarding whether GZ committed a racial hate crime.

It was reported that the FBI had the 911 recording capturing the screams because GZ can be heard in the background, and they were going to enhance the recording to determine what GZ was saying to Trayvon.

To the best of my knowledge, the FBI has not tendered a written report of their findings. It is my belief that the FBI turned over their findings to Corey’s office for the purpose of identifying GZ’s voice. As investigators and prosecutors, they would do that because it’s not enough to say that GZ is heard saying this or that. They also have to produce sufficient evidence that the person saying this or that is in fact, the defendant.

And thus, we now have expert reports setting forth how they obtained GZ’s and Trayvon’s voice, and what they did to identify each in the 911 call.

• racerrodig says:

The meat of the FBI report is that there is not enough to prosecute him as far as a hate crime based on the single, partly garbled wood “coon”

We, in the real world hear it, but the Feds don’t want this to look like a pick on Fogen case, therefore giving him any possible sympathy for a jury.

• FactsFirst says:

YAHTC said:
        “gz in his head is replaying struggle from the the night before but randomly reverses roles and makes things up when it suits his purpose.

I think gz tried to shut up Trayvon’s cry for help by covering Trayvon’s mouth”

……………………………………….

me too.. because from what I HEAR, in certain parts of that NEN call Trayvon’s screams are kinda muffled, but he’s still screaming.. That’s when I BELIEVE simultaneously, gz decided to yell (not scream) his “MOCK help” as he shoots Trayvon finally silenceing him because he knew neighbors was watching… I also believe gz was reversing roles when he said Trayvon said “Shut the Fuck up! YOUR GONNA DIE TONIGHT MOTHERF***3R!” gz actually said that to Trayvon..That’s why Trayvon’s screams were so terrifying because he knew he was gonna die tonight, cause gz has just told Trayvon him..

finally,

The verbal exchange with the neighbors gz described in his reenactment is hogwash! and if there was any verbal exchange it occured after gz shot Trayvon while he was sitting on Trayvon’s back “PRESSING DOWN” as witness Selma described.. and even then the only thing gz said was, “just call he police”!

~~> http://trayvon.axiomamnesia.com/people/witnesses/witness-5-files-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-case/

Good post, FactsFirst.

I also think that IF Trayvon said, “I see you have a gun”, Trayvon would have said that at the beginning when gz said he reached for his cellphone to call 911.

• Jun says:

It’s my opinion but I feel the expert is credible because

1) To me it sounds like a kid screaming for help and pleading and begging for the stranger to stop and get off him. Numerous witnesses said this as well, that it sounded like a kid. The rest with the exception of 6 and 11, have said there were screams for help which were ended with a gun shot. The 911 call, you can hear a kid’s voice screaming. This makes what he says credible because the jury and the judge will feel the same.

2) The expert is respected, experienced, and knows what he is talking about and I will go a bit further and say, he will prove what he means to the crowd and show how he enhanced and even play it for the jury. I think what is really effective is that Trayvon yells “get off” at the beginning of the call, and it sure sounds like a kid’s voice.

3) There is no forensic evidence to support Fogen’s story of an attack by Trayvon. It will conclude that Fogen staged his injuries to attempt to hide his crime, being the selfish person he is. Add to that there is evidence he was stalking the victim with ill will and caused the kid to be scared and run away, and Fogen angrily pursue him, makes the conclusion by the expert believable and factual.

4) The unnecessary repeated requests tell me that Omara is not confident with his case.

5) Whether or not, certain members of the FBI could come to the conclusion, it does not change the fact that the expert is factual and correct. The FBI could potentially not have done any work to the tape and simply gave an opinion of the tape at that present time. It does not change anything, and the jury can weigh it for themselves. It sure sounds like a kid screaming and pleading for his life.

• ladystclaire says:

I sure would like to know, who helped him come up with those phoney boo boos. Everything after the facts of his crime, has been scripted and it’s very obvious. Fogen IMO did this on a dare with his two fellow Kluxe’s Taaffe and Oysterman.

May he burn in hell for all of eternity!

• Tzar says:

Let’s consider the emotional tone/dynamics established by Zimmerman himself and prima facie evidence

1. Trayvon’s emotional tone was Passive and submissive towards Zimmerman
        -Trayvon was ran away
        -Trayvon was unarmed
        -I am leaving out Deedee testimony on purpose, but keep in mind that he said this guy was creepy – ie he was afraid of him.

2. Zimmerman’s emotional tone was aggressive, angry and negative towards Trayvon
        -He called Trayvon an asshole and a coon
        -He characterized Trayvon as being on drugs, armed and up to no good.
        -He characterized Trayvon as trying to evade “justice”
        -He left his car to run after Trayvon
        -Zimmerman left his car armed with a loaded gun.

Given this evidence, can we believe that the emotional tone of each subject was reversed or exchanged, Trayvon became aggressive and angry towards Zimmerman and Zimmerman became passive and submissive towards Trayvon, leading to Zimmerman screaming for help and begging for his life and Trayvon making threatening utterances- in the span of 124 seconds or so and with no change in tactical advantage or any other reason? are we supposed to be crazy enough to believe this nonsense?

• IMO, we don’t need to be audio experts to know who was screaming. We only need lungs and a functioning brain.
      Zimmerman insists that just before he pulled the trigger, he was at the edge of unconsiouness from lack of oxygen, was suffering compression asphyxia from the 158 pound weight allegedly sitting on his chest, and couldn’t breathe due to hands over his mouth and nose.
      Human vocalization depends on air leaving the lungs-the loudness and duration of any screaming would depend on a great volume of air leaving the lungs, and of course it has to be able to get INTO the lungs first.
      Humans cannot scream if we cannot breathe. The volume of screaming by a person being suffocated to the brink of consciousness would be less and less as they were being suffocated, yet this screaming gets louder and longer until the shot silences it.
      Either Zimmerman was not screaming, or none of that was actually happening to him, or, BOTH.
      Will we have any physiologists among the experts, to tell jurors how absurd his assertions are? Like a kid shot through heart and lung and with both lungs collapsed- can politely sit up, raise hands in surrender, and speak, as if uninjured? RIDICULOUS!!

10. tharealkeisha says:

I guess O’Mara ran out of smoke and mirrors. It’s getting REAL!

11. manberk says:

For anyone who knows:

Does MOM even have a legitimate stance to request more time? Is there some threshold of proof he’d need to provide for the judge to have to consider his request? His track record of doing so hasnt been very good. Im wondering what basis even exists here?

BDLR mentioned 2 voices 6 months ago. I guess if the Piss House doesnt pick it up the defense doesn’t pursue it.

• He does not have a legitimate basis to request a continuance. Lack of due diligence on his part isn’t going to get a continuance.

• Rachael says:

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

• ay2z says:

Seems he’s heard this once before from Judge Nelson in the form of her response to a ‘we can’t and won’t be ready for trial’ whine. Judge Nelson reminded O’Mara of the date in April 2012, he began to represent this client. April 12, 2012, if memory is correct.

• manberk says:

Thank you. I amuse the judge will require a legal justification as she has all his other motions that were turned down. And I dont see one here either.

• I don’t know the answer to your question, but I do know that the actions and behaviors of the defense team points to a Guilty verdict.If gz is innocent, let him come to court on June 10 prepared to convince the jurors and the public of his innocence. gz and his lawyers and every intelligent person aware of this case know that for gz that’s an impossibility.

gz is GUILTY. He’s going to prison and he will probably wish he was dead before his sentence expires. I’m beginning to think that everyone connected to the gz defense are a bunch of sorry ass, and delusional liars.

An innocent man WOULD NOT behave as do lying gz and his shameful defense team.

GUILTY!

• Tzar says:

Christopher Charles says:
        May 18, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I am proud and embarrassed of by how long I’ve got you beat on that 🙂

• Tzar says:

manberk says:
      May 18, 2013 at 6:09 pm

lol, he mentioned 2 voices over a year ago (if you don’t remember, go back and listen to his cross of the killer’s father)

@Tzar.

I have the portion from the hearing in October included in a video per Rachael’s request. Then the darn program started acting crazy so I can’t upload it until I figure out what’s wrong — or start over in another program. (sigh)

• Tzar says:

oops looks like it was less than a year, but more than 6 months
          you get my drift lol

@Tzar.

you get my drift lol

🙂 I sure do. Btw, just saw an episode on Mystery Detective tonight, and ASA John Guy was on it. He talked about how they used GPS to find the body of a person whose husband reported her missing. The GPS was for her husband’s phone. They found the body buried about 30 feet from where they tracked the GPS.

John Guy has a little, cute, southern accent. I wonder how much he will do at GZ’s trial?

• Tzar says:

I have seen him on another show (“killer next door” I think.)

John Guy has a little, cute, southern accent.

don’t hold back on my account, I already know he is quite popular with the lady folk lol

@Tzar.

LOL!!

• Tzar says:

the thing is George should have known and told O’mara that there should be 2 voices, he was there in person. Omara has all the inside info, so what the problem is?

@Tzar.

GZ couldn’t lead O’Mara to the second voice — his voice, because that would rule out that his voice was the one screaming for help. GZ is a “potted palm.”

12. Lonnie Starr says:

FROM THE DESK OF MARK O’MARA:

Calling my bluff eh? Well I’ll have you know that my expert is Dr. Mickey H. Mouse Ph. D. The world’s foremost well noted and famed audiologist! He has listened to the tapes and performed several operation that will allow the defense to prov… (eh, what’s that Skeletor? Oh geeze. he said that?) Okay, okay our audiologist has a set of conditions that must be met before he will testify. We will be moving the court for permission to have him testify by satellite link from somewhere in orbit, that cannot be disclosed due to the high profile nature of this case. Sorry… no questions, gotta run!!!

13. LLMPapa says:

Alan R Reich is not just some random voice expert. Google “Alan R Reich University of Washington”. You’ll get tired of counting the number of acoustical science published studies he has authored for established, respected trade journals over a 40 year span.

He has been called upon as an expert in criminal cases for more years than O’Mara’s been a lawyer, including the 1996 pipe bombing in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park.

Good luck with this witness Mr Lawyer manz,

Look on the bright side O’Mara. You’ve still got Daddy Z and Jr.

14. Trained Observer says:

Professor, hope you’re feeling improved …
    I
    If guilty clients who have waived their right to a speedy trial could put off the inevitable with endless stalling for no valid reason, it seems the entire justice system would break down. Surely there are safeguards against that.

At what point can JN tell O’Mara that enough is enough .. and what leverage does she have to bring down the hammer?

Could the State up the charge to M1 or could the Feds bring new charges against Fogen that could put him back in the Seminole County clink, with JN then withholding further bond?

Seems to me that might incentivize MOM to knock off the nonsense and get on with it.

• cielo62 says:

Trained Observer- most excellent questions! I’d like to know also, since MOM and West don’t seem to respect the authority of the Robe because a woman is wearing it. Too bad that gavel can’t be brought down on their pointy little heads.

Sent from my iPod

15. Expert - A matter of opinion says:

What amazes is me – they disregard all audio experts but cling to Tracey Martin (under the shock of finding out his son was killed) sayin it wasn’t his son screaming. When did Tracey become an expert at audio?

Just let O’mara call Tracey to the witness stand and grill him about his first, under shock, statement and watch the jurors feel sorry for the victim’s family.

• disappointed says:

Yes and they forget Z said that it did not sound like him screaming…. They also talk about crime going down since that night which I think is interesting. Trayvon is not the only one who left the neighborhood for good that night. Z packed up and ran off. jmo

• Rachael says:

Exactly. It is GZ’s case and HE’s the one who said himself it wasn’t him, didn’t even sound like him. They believe his BS about everything else, so why don’t they believe it isn’t him if he said so. LMAO!!!

However, his dad DID say it sounded like him…when he was a teenager.

Gawd.

• ay2z says:

and one needs no voice analysis for this observation….

• ladystclaire says:

The ThugBoat wasn’t aware, that the NEN call was being recorded which is why he told Serino ” it don’t even sound like ME” but, when the tape was released, someone told him that he had better say it was him. My guess would be that it was Oysterman or the senior Thug of the Z family.

• ladystclaire says:

Fogen can be heard mocking Trayvon’s anguished cries for help and, no special equipment isn’t needed to hear him either. The HEARTLESS B●●●●●D!

• Bill Taylor says:

Tracey NEVER said it was not Trayvon on the tape…..he was asked can you be CERTAIN that is Trayvon and he said no…..again he did not say NO that is not Trayvon..he only said he could not be CERTAIN it as his son.

• kllypyn says:

He was probably in denial. He just claimed Trayvon’s body from the morgue. Something no parent wants to do.

• DruDo says:

kllypyn, I agree. My brother died in an auto accident at the age of 19, and when my parents were informed, both repeatedly kept saying “no,no,no, it’s not him”. So, I think a parent’s first reaction is to deny that devastating reality.

16. ay2z says:

Sur le precipice de la Bluff d’ O’Mara et l’Ouest:

17. Manberk says:

I think when they drill down to the words one can hear that dont match the killers narrative (get off, I’m begging you as opposed to STFU, Im killing you) and are confirmed by experts it will play itself out appropriately. Those 2 words might be a theme for the state throughout.

• Xena says:

@Manberk. Yes. “I’m begging you” has been identified as the voice of Trayvon. It speaks volumes and clearly conveys that GZ was taking aggressive, harmful action that placed Trayvon in fear for his life.

• Tzar says:

More sadly, it indicates that he had Trayvon terrified, contolled and dominated. I’m gonna stop typing now because I only have bad words to say at this point.

18. two sides to a story says:

The only people OM really, truly bluffs are those who keep sending defense donations.

@Two sides.
      BINGO!!

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

It’s kind of like the “stone soup” story.

• Bahama Mama says:

Hi YAHTC LOL…Stone Soup defense, a little of this, and little of that, it’s all they’ve got.
        Miss ya ;(

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

Miss you, too. As you can see, I can’t quite keep from posting.

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

It is like O’Mara is pretending they have something, but is actually just a stone. Yet, it gets the donors to provide the ingredients for the “soup (money) fund.

• Bahama Mama says:

🙂 I see, lol.
        Yup, O’Mara has to keep his donors happy, I see he is appeasing them with his latest little gem…appealing Judge Nelson’s decision on the “Crump deposition” matter, it’s all kenneth patterson mullis can talk about. LOL. Well, that AND their idea that the voice experts are not experts!
        I feel pretty darned vindicated with those reports! How many times did the old troll tell me the “FBI had spoken”, therefore, the 911 audio was no longer in question? Too many to count.
        kpm has been lurking over here, trying to stir things up with his friends, saying you have several aliases over here…hahaha, they are getting desperate, the closer we get to June.
        I sure would like to see the defenses evidence, if they have any…which I doubt!
        Have a great day!

• You all have thoughtful comments says:

Yes, the audio reports have the zimmies agitated. Sounds as if kpm is remaining true to form.

• ladystclaire says:

Right on and, even they refuse to see the truthfor what it is, because they are so full of hate toward the victim. Zimmerman and his actions have set this country back to the year 1955. I wouldn’t piss on this monster if he was on fire, let alone send him money to help him in his quest to get away with murdering this child and, lying on him.

I believe that if anybody’s head was being slammed on the ground was Trayvon. Hence the global brain swelling that as present at autopsy. Remember, what Fogen did, he said the kid did.

• Xena says:

@ladystclaire. DeeDee’s phone call disconnected at 7:16 p.m. T-Mobile doesn’t provide seconds, so it could have been 7:16:01 or thereafter. The 911 call recorded the shot at 7:16:56. Even if we place DeeDee’s call disconnecting at 7:16 on the button, that is still less than one minute of altercation before GZ killed Trayvon.

GZ wants us to believe the nose breaking, head bashing, shimmy off the concrete, face punching, smothering, feeling up his chest going for the gun, pinning Trayvon’s arm, aiming and making sure his left hand was not in the way, all took place in less than one minute.

• rnewton32 says:

And don’t forget all the psychotic rhetoric Trayvon was saying, “You’re gonna die tonight MF, and Shut the F up.” Which Fogen said he was screaming at him in anger, yet the 911 calls didn’t catch it. Serino and Singleton said they didn’t hear him say it on the tapes either. All of this in under one minute. No one is going to believe his story. Trayvon had no mental illness background, no gang affiliation, yet he decides in a split second, he is going to kill someone he’s never met before in this one chance encounter. Sounds like something Fogen has already attempted–when he attacked an undercover police officer.

19. cielo62 says:

>^..^< call his bluff! His number will be disconnected!

20. John Lyle says:

“In short, there is a very good possibility that, under normal circumstances,cry No. 14, and, especially cry No. 16 would be judged to be a match i.e. that Mr. Zimmerman had, indeed, made one or both of those two utterances.”

“Data for calls No. 13, 14, and 16 quite clearly demonstrate that he (Trayvon Martin) did not make them.”

Harry Hollien and James D. Harnsberger, Attempted Speaker Identification Florida vs. Zimmerman

• What makes you believe that those calls are the death shriek?

No one disputes that there were two voices.

• John Lyle says:

No. 16 is the last utterance.

@John Lyle.

No. 16 is the last utterance.

I would like to know where the report says that No. 16 is the last utterance, and what the experts identify as the last utterance.

• Lynn says:

“under normal circumstances”…What circumstances are we talking about?

• rnewton32 says:

I agree with the Professor. And even if Zimmerman made the last two shrieks, it’s still not self defense. Trayvon was screaming before him trying to get away. Had he just let him go and never tried to detain him in the first place, this would have never happened. Trayvon was standing his ground, which he had every right to do.

• Tzar says:

Xena says:
        May 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm

@John Lyle.

No. 16 is the last utterance.

Grand opening
        Grand closing

• If the report had identified the defendant as the person who uttered the terrified death shriek, O’Mara would be trumpeting that result from coast to coast via his minions at the OS. He would not be asking for a Frye hearing and a continuance to find an expert to disagree with Dr. Reich.

21. William Walton says:

It all depends on what one refers to as expert. I am not involved in law or voice ananlysis, however, I have been and are involved in oil well geo-chemistry and geo-engineering. I have performed in this arena for 45+ years. I have at times been called an expert. My reply is expersts are those who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing. In my opinion, Reich seems to be real. If Omara has an expert (?) then bring him on and let him refute Reich. It appears he does not. So, let the trial begin with only the reliable voice witness namely Reich!

• ay2z says:

“My reply is experts are those who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.”

Adding this to the collection of expert definitions. Thanks.

There must be a scientific principle that explains your definition. Matter expanding then collapsing into a black hole, or such like…..

• ay2z says:

come to think of it, that black hole concept would work as well for the idea of O’Mara’s big bluff and it’s own inevitable collapse.

• William Walton says:

Or, a more precise scientific principle in this case would be Bullshit expanding and then collapsing into a black hole leaving nothingness.

22. ay2z says:

One of the tools of the MOM bluff, is his witness list of over 200 names, every cop, janitor, lawn maintenance person, over at the SPD is listed ‘in case’.

But is that a big public image front for the lack of what is most important, and of interest to our Prof (see the archived article ‘How to Interpret Witness LIsts).

The article explains that typically many of the names on the defense witness list will be prosecution witnesses, who will never be called by the defense for the simple fact that the defense may rely on cross-examination of these witnesses when on the stand for the prosecution.

The real interest to our Prof, is the list of expert witness names on the defense list, “the others, not so much.”

O’Mara went to great public pains to explain the need for the 200+ names on their witness list, had to be ready ‘in case’, not to be stuck without a paddle, so to speak, if needed.

They seem willing to risk being stuck without the most critical witnesses of all, on their lists… ‘experts’.

(I’m trying to find the prof’s article on how a good defense attorney would eviscerate an expert witness based on false assumptions….. that should be a good reminder of what is to come, or ‘should’ come from the defense. Maybe that’s all they have got, that is, if O’Mara and West have the ‘right stuff’ to pull it off. Ya think?? 😉

23. PYorck says:

I don’t think they will find an expert who says the opposite, but I think they might find one who is willing to play up the diffculties and tell the jury that the other experts shouldn’t be as sure as they claim.

Regarding O’Mara’s statements about their expert: it’s possible that he flat out lied about it. Another possibility is that they had someone but decided to drop that expert because they didn’t tell them what they wanted to hear.

24. ay2z says:

Prof, do you think O’Mara, without the help of Babelfish or Google or Wiki, knows what you mean by ‘curriculum vitae’?

Because he might be preocuppied with the notion of his client’s own god’s plan, being a curriculum for ‘vitae’ in prison…. life on the ‘god’ plan.

25. ay2z says:

fogen said it himself, the guy sat back and said ‘…ohp!. He heard it, he told police he heard him say this within less that 1 second of the audible gunshot (roughly 0.9 seconds on amateur recording with amateur software to make an amateur copy, then measuring/estimating the peak distances on amateur software). BUT, NOT using a schoolboy ruler, 😉

Damn it, was fogen pulling the trigger at the moment Trayvon was screaming HELP? Or…. STOP!! Stop is closer to the percieved ‘OHP’ and agrees with Dr. Reich, but that’s just my amateur listening skills..

Whoever the expert is, if he or she exists, (wasn’t the bullethole in shirt demo guy, an all-category forensic service?) that expert will have to take the stand and say this was NOT Trayvon, therefore by elimination of anyone else, the scream was fogen.

That is a direct contradiction of fogen’s own words within 0.9 seconds of the shot ringing out.

And it’s nothing like the ‘help’ or ‘help me’ in the fogen voice exemplars done at the scene using the same conditions.

26. Jun says:

I dont think any expert will risk 15 years in prison and their future business as an expert to lie in court for Omara

But

As I have said before, the expert may still take Omara’s money and then during trial, just agree with the state’s expert’s findings, thus saving himself, saving his honor, and hustling Omara out of his money

27. Rachael says:

I’m a little confused here. He has an expert or he doesn’t? I thought he wanted an extension so he could get one, yet he has one?

Hope you’re feeling better professor.

• Omar flat out LIES his in his pressers! he says all kinds of BS and the OS ie. rene shulztmen, prints it as fact all the time.
      lies are all he has.

• rene shulztmen, prints it as fact all the time.

…Like clock work.

• ladystclaire says:

SG2 LOL, she sure does which is why Lawrence O’Donnell was turning her lying ass every which way but loose. How can a media outlet such as OS or any other news source, allow such bias? Like I’ve said, she is a LAPDOG for the defense. As for O’mara, he seems to think that this is a John Brown game, which it is not.

He has had ample time to hire all the experts he wants but, he has been too busy conducting interviews and, following up on the demands and advice of SunDunce Cracker and his KKKLAN. Judge Nelson should deny his motion to delay. As for those who support the murder of this child, may they one day walk in the same shoes as Sybrina, Tracy and Jahvaris.

As Benjamin Crump has said, the world is watching to see how this is going to turn out and, they are also seeing the IGNORANCE OF RACISM, that continues to thrive in this country and, it’s not pretty!

• Cercando Luce says:

@SG2
        Like cuckoo-clock work.

• racerrodig says:

Like I’ve said before……I just wish they’d make up their minds !!

28. diary73 says:

In addition, O’Mara should have provided that information to the state as per reciprocal discovery. Correct?

• crazy1946 says:

Professor Leatherman, hope you are feeling better? I have a simple question, I know in some places if you are listed as a witness that you may not sit in the court room during the trial until after you have been called to testify, does that also apply in this case? Would that mean that Mz. Fogen will not be allowed to sit in the court room? She is listed on both sides as a witness is she not?

• crazy1946 says:

Disregard the question, I now know that what I asked is not the case at all, per http://www.jaapl.org/content/32/4/447.full.pdf , and actually will occur only at the request of either side in the case… I suppose that I did not do the required research before asking the question! I will now take my place under the rock again….

• Big Willie says:

@crazy1946

Great question! Thanks for providing the answer.

• ay2z says:

Within the first 30 minutes of the April 30th hearing, it seems in the discussion of the cell phone and Cell Brite etc, that the state was under the impression that the defense would have their own experts lined up, and as this discussion sorted itself out between West, Judge Nelson in the middle, and the state, Judge Nelson repeated that the state’s experts and the defense experts would be reviewing the audio– that is, Judge Nelson seemed to believe that the defense had its own experts lined up to review the audio when the original, unaltered, was returned.

The defense never took any opportunity to correct the Judge’s impression that they too, had audio experts.

Now will the defense ask the judge for time to find experts? What has changed that they couldn’t know about before, about technology etc? The state offered to have the defense attend at Cell Brite at some earlier point and they declined.

Seems they needed the forensic audio experts as consultants so that they could advise the defense what steps to take, other experts to consult with. Some expert should know what is expected from a cell phone, at best.