Zimmerman: LLMPapa is in the House with An Attorney’s Tightwire

LLMPapa posted a new vid in a comment early this morning that perfectly captures the plight of the criminal defense attorney. I dedicate this post to him and all the fine work he has done on the Zimmerman case.

I also recommend it to all of my brothers and sisters at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) who have labored so long and hard for their clients under the most difficult of circumstances and been in this situation countless times.

With love and respect to all of you.

Fred

Cross Posted at Firedoglake and The Smirking Chimp.

Musical accompaniment: Tightrope performed by Leon Russell

50 Responses to Zimmerman: LLMPapa is in the House with An Attorney’s Tightwire

1. Operacarla says:

Great Job LLMPapa as usual. On another topic…Is anyone familiar with Perjury Laws in Florida? What might Shellie face if convicted? Will it affect her ability to get her nursing license? Thanks!

• Don’t know other than to say it’s a 5-year maximum.

Florida has sentencing guidelines that set ranges of incarceration within the maximun.

My guess is that she’s not looking at more than a year of incarceration.

I think she would still be able to get a nursing license, assuming she completes the necessary academic requirements and passes her nursing boards. She might have an encumbered license for several years and be on probation, but would still be able to work as a nurse.

Perhaps one of our nurses here, and we have several, could comment regarding licensing issues. I’m just basically guessing.

• rachael says:

It may vary from state to state. AFAIK, in WA, when you apply for your license, they run a background check and take your fingerprints. If the background check reveals a criminal record or you or you answer yes on your character form, your application gets forwarded to the Office of Professional Practices and is decided on an individual basis. Again, it may vary from state to state.

• fauxmccoy says:

shellie is so far from a nursing degree that i doubt we ever have to worry about her practicing.

her education started with a course and license as an esthetician (you can see how bad her work is on her mug shot) but that license is expired. she has no other professional licenses active in florida (i checked) and she states that her courses are being taken online.

what this means, is that she is starting at the bottom rung of the ladder (nurse aid/nurse assistant) and has not yet completed any hands on practical training in order to even apply for a license test.

should she pass that – she may go on to get an LPN (licensed practical nurse) which would take a couple of years (but we know how long it takes zimmermans to complete education courses satisfactorily). she could again do this online and then fulfill the hands on practical portion.

and then, should she be successful with that, she could continue on the same path to achieve an RN.

as is easily demonstrated, she is a long way off. my mother who did get her RN in florida (albeit in the 1950s) has been a director of nurses for many years and confirms what rachael says below – that each state sets its own standards about practicing with a record. it will often depend on the seriousness of the crime (felony or misdemeanor) the nature of the crime (check kiting vs. elder abuse) etc. etc.

• katieunc says:

Professor, they do extensive back ground checks on nurses and I doubt Shellie would ever get a license or a job. If she is convicted of a felony most schools wouldn’t even allow her to continue her education in nursing. Even if she moves out of state her finger prints will follow. You have to apply in ever state that you work. Her nursing career is bye bye if she is found guilty.

With no priors, wouldn’t she more likely be sentenced to a fine and probation? Also, I’ve often wondered why her case is taking so long – are they trying to sidestep bad publicity? Wouldn’t it be in her best interest to get it over with quickly?

• Two sides, I am wondering the same thing. Why is her trial takig so long?

Shellie’s “nursing degree” is like George’s “criminal justice degree” and both of them are somewhat similar to “self-defense” in that they represent, in my opinion, the Zimmerman’s inexplicable belief that what they WANT is what IS. George does not seem to have boundaries between his imagination and his perception. He answers Serino that he has a degree in criminal justice. NO HE DOESN’T! But after all, he had a party that is given for such a degree, so in his mind, he has already earned that degree! He says he killed Martin self-defense. NO HE DIDN’T. But after all, he passed a voice-stress test saying he did not “confront” Martin so in his mind, he was only defending himself when he killed “the suspect.” On and on and on. George’s perceptions are distorted and he presumes that the world can be described by him with authority, thus granting his own distortions the “good storytelling seal of approval” and making them true.

I’d say, “I’ve never seen anything like it” except that, unfortunately, I have. I’ve seen pedophiles say, “I would never hurt a child; I love children.” I’ve seen abusers say, “I never touched her” and appear to believe it. As I say, on and on and on…

• Jun says:

I dont know how they will let her in as a nurse because part of the medical field is swearing an oath, which means honoring thy words…

and perjury contradicts that idea…

• Xena says:

In Illinois any ARREST disqualifies applicants from nursing schools. I dealt with many folks wanting their arrest records expunged. There are certain guidelines for expungement if the arrest resulted in conviction or conditional discharge and some felonies cannot be expunged.

• racerrodig says:

I have a friend in FL who’s wife is a nurse. if convicted of any crime, she can’t be in the medical field.

But lets be very, very realistic…….she did a bang up job with Z’s head and nose bandages…….are you actually thinking she could pass any medical test……………Just sayin !!

• Tee says:

Getting into the nursing program may prove to be problematic for her. Nursing schools have hundreds on application every year and the standard to get in is so high people would not believe. Some schools only allow 250 students per term. She had to be already accepted into the program before all of this took place in Fl I don’t know about other states.

2. Brown says:

LLMPapa RULES!!!

3. LLMPapa rocks another great video.

I have a list of things I would like to see from this case.

There are three things I would like to see that have not been released or sought after yet. The video of Osterman and Shellie Zimmerman waiting at the police station is public record. I would not be surprised to see Osterman leave with Chief Lee or another officer to the crime scene to get George’s truck. The color photo of George sitting in the back of the police car with his coat zipped up will be good to see too. I also want to see the hand drawn sketch that George Zimmerman drew that night. He draws it in the first interview with Singleton. This is not the Google map he marked for her in the second interview.

4. fauxmccoy says:

deeeeeeeeee-liteful!

5. EveryOneIsEntitledToTheirOpinion says:

Who would benefit mostly from keeping the trial in Seminole County? If there is a trial I would like to hear George Zimmerman explanation of the NEN calls.

As we watch LLmpapa videos they clearly point out serious issues. now Mr. Omara how will you explain the multiple holes in his story?

A big bad wolf name Trayvon Martin jumped from behind a bush that doesn’t exist and attacked George with a bottle of tea and skittles for no apparent reason. Zimmerman Dream Team it just will not fly with me. Maybe with the racist group you glea

6. rachael says:

I have a question. Over at the outhouse they are always going on and on about Trayvon’s long tox report and not having the complete toxicology report. Was the toxicology report that showed a trace of TCH just a preliminary toxicology report? Was that not a long tox report?

• racerrodig says:

I was told that’s it. It does not take that long. Garret Reid, son of Phila. Eagles head coach Andy, committed suicide in late August and his report was released 6 weeks afterward. They tested him for everything and he died of a massive heroin OD.

We’re at 7 months, 3 weeks.

• Tee says:

If i’m not mistaken The ME said that it was so little marijauna in his system that he could have smoked it months ago and that the trace amounts was not enough to cause any impairment at all. nothing else was found.

I’ve often wondered the same thing. I have a feeling the only tox report that exists is the one we’ve seen. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

• Yeah…kinda sorta like the long form birth certificate…lol…they are blowing smoke!

• Jun says:

The Conservative Treefort people are idiots and obviously bias. Trayvon had so little amount of THC it means nothing. Then you look at Zimmerman’s prescription, which is 100 times the amount of drugs or more, and they have no issue with that.

• No, they only do one test. They typically use a liquid-liquid extraction process and identify the metabolites present in the blood using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry (GCMS).

This detection method is very sensitive and they only found a trace amount of the THC metabolite that was not enough to have affected him at all.

Once again the Treehouse Gang is spewing nonsense.

• Xena says:

They are blowing more ignorant smoke. The ME is to determine cause of death — PERIOD. Those things that are non invasive, such as blood and urine, are tested. Once the cause of death has been determined, (in this case, gun shot) the ME does not generally conduct invasive tests, such as sectioning the liver and brain.

The Zidiots are reaching way beyond the facts in effort to thugify Trayvon Marting and justify GZ killing a “thug.”

• Jun says:

I think partial to the cause of death was the Asphyxiation Zimmerman caused when he shot Trayvon, then lunged at him, pinning the kid facedown, by sitting his fat ass on the kid’s back… hence there was the GSW and the global brain edema.

• Xena says:

That hastened Trayvon’s death, but 25 percent of his heart and parts of a lung were destroyed by the hollow point bullet. The next time he straddles ShelLIE, I hope she thinks about what that would feel like with a bullet in her heart.

7. cielo62 says:

>^^< lost but still here

8. Xena says:

LLMPapa, more excellent work!!! Maybe O’Mara will wake up just before the immunity hearing and realize that GZ’s statements, the bullet casing, the location of Trayvon’s body, and forensic evidence, proves 2nd degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt.

9. Judy75201 says:

What a talent LLMPapa is. Always blows me away.

10. grahase says:

LLMPapa – your videos keep things in the right perspective. Thanks for posting them.